/classical/

Paganini Edition

youtube.com/watch?v=Crelo5lYwY0

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #3. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #5. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #6. Deutsche Grammophon stuff. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy Folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Jewish Folder
mega.nz/#F!lk0lGSTQ!SAIvBwgyVF1EGEMUjranEw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Book Folder #1. Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw
>Book Folder #2. Comprehensive list of the most important harpsichord and piano pieces through history
mega.nz/#F!1xJgVSLA!i2eLakjehx5DY8qYUzS0Zg

>Classical music recommendations
classicalmusiconly.com/

Attached: 800px-Nicolo_Paganini_by_Richard_James_Lane.jpg (800x1172, 287K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JbJ5oWoM4Wk
youtu.be/4p9MryrMNsU
youtu.be/tsm6lDuM3JA
youtu.be/Xdl0m1v5el8
youtu.be/XFW9wU8Ht3U
youtube.com/watch?v=PjvnseZ2R5I
youtube.com/watch?v=vPbtiRrAkh4
youtube.com/watch?v=o0Z3mf9gzKc
youtube.com/watch?v=VYCF8ApWNtI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=feOSKJiKCJs
youtu.be/tHtHCDdWiwU
youtu.be/uOLClyWb_EI
youtube.com/watch?v=mwNJsrJx77A
youtu.be/Fnz-MPs213U
youtu.be/O8VaF5tvZCo
youtube.com/watch?v=xHzaEXMfWHM
youtube.com/watch?v=hM7_tcMShSU
google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/outlook/daughters-loving-but-unsettling-portrait-of-leonard-bernstein/2018/06/28/2232fec8-5941-11e8-8836-a4a123c359ab_story.html?outputType=amp
youtu.be/MMDa0Ua_KrI
youtube.com/watch?v=ojawIBX5ub8
youtube.com/watch?v=Rt9zBed3oW4
youtube.com/watch?v=YLFSyHj1Aq8
youtube.com/watch?v=ovMDiBRNrzQ
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/OVPP
youtube.com/watch?v=tnIRFT477G8
youtu.be/eWG7JYIIFwg
youtube.com/watch?v=jrY8ZIRqa8M
youtu.be/484rBL25sYU
youtube.com/watch?v=_T_ENByq-oc
youtube.com/watch?v=O4NpaY9ROnc
youtube.com/watch?v=KpOtuoHL45Y
youtube.com/watch?v=0diU6lZ92XE
youtube.com/watch?v=pbYMj6YBsLg
youtu.be/kSRwG5Iu3FI
youtube.com/watch?v=f_cPF3xt5b0
youtube.com/watch?v=96tj3Dr3umM
youtube.com/watch?v=pMZdvcLHIQk
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Taylor_(oculist)
youtu.be/dPaLcBD79L4
youtube.com/watch?v=fDyLUC4PM7A
youtu.be/4WPqZqf1uRw
youtube.com/watch?v=dmtZVEELC8Q
youtube.com/watch?v=9dqzGgMnypw
youtube.com/watch?v=CUz905Yhttc
youtube.com/watch?v=Kq_7w9RHvpQ
youtu.be/iyWsmuY6XT0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ss9Hcw4zFfM
youtu.be/xqGI8sSgXbE
youtube.com/watch?v=GHlPC3CAZ20&bpctr=1559367222
youtube.com/watch?v=HOaexx4OJXI
youtube.com/watch?v=FObf4MNdl6E
patreon.com/ImprovPlanet/posts
youtu.be/WM8bTdBs-cw
youtube.com/watch?v=8k7ne8YMIIs
youtube.com/watch?v=yN8ipjfeNto
youtu.be/MlFTpp9oNzQ
youtu.be/9AId7nv6vRY
youtube.com/watch?v=dgEI6LBcGts
youtube.com/watch?v=BRIIuSV-_vI
youtube.com/watch?v=cKXFu8nv5XY
youtube.com/watch?v=5mC4PpAcnAI
youtube.com/watch?v=KYzO8XDN-UU
youtube.com/watch?v=cdLuvGsjwlA
youtube.com/watch?v=U-pVz2LTakM
youtube.com/watch?v=mFvtSGCFVO0
youtube.com/watch?v=Vi-AIihudlg
youtu.be/YnfhInZLmUQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for
p e t z o l d

Attached: 201403041629.jpg (665x464, 83K)

Beethovenian Mahler. So pretty

youtu.be/JbJ5oWoM4Wk

More Mahler cause some edgelords in the last thread were shitting on him

youtu.be/4p9MryrMNsU

Last one

youtu.be/tsm6lDuM3JA

youtu.be/Xdl0m1v5el8

Based Bach and Richter

Bach

youtu.be/XFW9wU8Ht3U

Never seen the Organ mass being posted here
This is Bach at his wildest, maybe his most dissonant work, spicy as fuck

Attached: Ned041_Cover1400x.jpg (1400x1400, 1.23M)

Go back to /metal/.

Cuck.

Based

"Tell me, user, do you like Bach?"

Attached: imageofsuzuki.jpg (360x357, 15K)

we need to go slower

Attached: 81OwAhR2cdL._SL1425_.jpg (1425x1425, 303K)

what are /classical/s favourite ballades

in the mood for some maximum comfy tonight

>recording of bach's st. matthew's passion
>not herreweghe or gardiner

Attached: 1556257544522.png (769x478, 315K)

Dumb HIPfag

Attached: Richter-Karl-3.jpg (253x235, 7K)

youtube.com/watch?v=PjvnseZ2R5I

youtube.com/watch?v=vPbtiRrAkh4

youtube.com/watch?v=o0Z3mf9gzKc

Underappreciated concerto

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=VYCF8ApWNtI

petzold

>Bernstein
why.jpg

>having taste this shit

Attached: Front.jpg (500x500, 100K)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=feOSKJiKCJs

Dont mind me, just posting the best recorded version of Chaconne. He makes it sound so manly

How do I get into /classical/

I want some allegro energifuckingisimo solo violin pieces to work out to

Music is not background noise.
youtu.be/tHtHCDdWiwU
youtu.be/uOLClyWb_EI
youtube.com/watch?v=mwNJsrJx77A
Not violin but whatever.
mfw i had to read
>allegro energifuckingisimo solo violin pieces to work out to

Attached: 1527785678395.png (233x233, 107K)

Listen to Luciano Berio's sequenza for violin and work out to that. Listen to Irvine Arditti's perfomance in that mode recording from 2006 with all of Berio's sequenzas + alternate sequenzas + the rest of his solo works.
This is actually a terrible idea for starting to listen to classical music but it is also a terrible idea to want to get into classical music while you work out.

Attached: 1556222212124.jpg (480x480, 17K)

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACH

youtu.be/Fnz-MPs213U

Attached: artworks-000170511451-4lfoxi-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 27K)

Beethoven string quartet 14

is it underrated?

how so?
it's rated highly by practically everyone.

The St.Matthew recording from the previous thread sucks balls. I'm listening to the "Kommt, ihr Töchter, helft Mir klagen" and I've almost fallen asleep.
Recommend me a more imposing glorious transcendental recording

Attached: 1509312489621.jpg (1280x1707, 884K)

Both shit
Based fellow patrician

Attached: R-10242386-1493996655-2727.jpeg.jpg (599x611, 143K)

Pfitzner

Brahms rankings

Symphonies:
4 > 3 > 1 > 2

Concertos:
VC > PC2 > DC > PC1

Pleb choices for sure but interested in others input

How about Mahler arranging Beethoven?

youtu.be/O8VaF5tvZCo

I would swap symphonies 1 and 2
Then swap DC and PC1

I... don’t hear a difference

youtube.com/watch?v=xHzaEXMfWHM

>a more imposing glorious transcendental recording
Mengelberg

larger orchestra mostly but he did change some harmonizations among other things. he also did the 3rd, 7th and 9th i believe

Holy shit that prelude, Bach was a fucking wanker show off.

Bernstein interpretation of the second is the worst of all the history of recordings

Mahler

youtube.com/watch?v=hM7_tcMShSU

>first piano concerto so down
yikes

based villa-lobos poster

>the worst of all the history of recordings

yes

What would you recommend

Osmo Vanska, David Zinman, Valery Gergiev... literally any recording is better than Berstein. That fucking kike modified the work to please himself in his interpretation

I love him he can do no wrong in my eyes. His Harvard lectures and young people's concerts are really sweet

what do we think of hilary hahn and her bach fetish

that doesn't quit that his habit of rearranging and modifing works without any permission of the composers (alive, ofc) makes some of his recordings absolute trash

Hot

I want to paint his violin of white with my cum

I don't like her style of playing, It's too sweet and too much vibrato for me. Her fanboys are the most annoying, don't dare to criticize her.

what do we think of tchaikovsky? am i a pleb for thinking he's good?

I like his interpretation of Shostakovich first violin concerto. I agree with you on the vibrato thing

>his

>his

what am i missing here

fucking goddamnit, I keep using his when it is her.
FUCKING BONG LANGUAGE

Never forget that he was a flashy, depraved pervert who would regularly French kiss his own daughter

proofs?

No worries. It is a mediocre language

Good girl, this year she made a recording of some obscure living spanish composer

Attached: hahn.png (480x481, 377K)

google.com/amp/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/outlook/daughters-loving-but-unsettling-portrait-of-leonard-bernstein/2018/06/28/2232fec8-5941-11e8-8836-a4a123c359ab_story.html?outputType=amp

>obsure
He's actually one of the most known composers today in Spain. I have been in two concerts of him, interesting music but nothing incredibly original. I would say he's a neorromantic with some Stravinsky dissonant moments

I can't see that

>a random jazz improvisation after a soviet march
What the fuck did Schnittke meant by this

Attached: excuseme.gif (220x258, 195K)

He was the first Redditor

I don’t really know what to tell you, that’s what he was

i love her to death but those partitas were kinda meh

guys I live in a shithole country and I can't get a piano teacher. how do i teach myself to become a good pianist?

where do you live?

You can never be good at the piano without a teacher. Just give up, trust me. You're bound to have very bad technique.

>redditor
shoo shoo, you have to go back

Somalia

are you serious?

No way, are you serious?

Yes

how you got in touch with classical music?

dumb phoneposter

The internet of course

you should at least be able to learn the basic techniques up to chord inversions via youtube videos only, as well as your sight reading

from then on u're fucked without a teacher lmao

skype[1] lessons?

[1] or whatever the kids are using these says

discord you mean?

petzold

how do I enter a concert without pay?
the ticket is too expensive

they usually don't check the tickets for the second half, but consider this, an orchestra of 100 professional musicians, usually one guest soloist, a conductor and more people behind this need to be payed.

Wow, this is one of the biggest circlejerks I've seen on Yea Forums.
The more pretentious your opinion, the more valid it is.

yes but I don't have money

youtu.be/MMDa0Ua_KrI
Damn, this is good. What are some instrumental works that have this feeling? Some Belle Epoque stuff I guess.

Just go to church concerts

At least prove where's the circlejerk. I'm not going to say that it never happened here but I find this thread pretty chill right now

I really like slow, ominous or otherwise dark-sounding waltzes. Can anyone rec me a few, or maybe point me to a good composer to that end?

Attached: download (1).jpg (256x256, 53K)

Post your favourite string quartet
youtube.com/watch?v=ojawIBX5ub8
youtube.com/watch?v=Rt9zBed3oW4

shostakovich waltz 2 from the jazz suite is a great start

youtube.com/watch?v=YLFSyHj1Aq8

jackass

Pretty good. I'm surprised I actually like her playing, considering I find her pretty I didn't expect to like it.

what

Well, he was jew, where's the surprise?

Shostakovich.

youtube.com/watch?v=ovMDiBRNrzQ

Are there bigger plebs than people who irrationally and categorically hate HIP recordings?

>inb4 categorical appreciation for HIP

HIP saved classical music

people who irrationally and categorically hate old recordings

Attached: R-10689743-1502461750-2629.jpeg.jpg (600x524, 164K)

I like the HIP Movement because they made a whole revival of early music and without them we wouldn't have recordings of obscure Baroque composers
but this for example is fucking retarded
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/OVPP
Or using boy sopranos for the
Bach Cantatas is also fucking retarded
Bach pushed for female sopranos in his day but the church didn't let him use them
Bach was unironically pioneering diversity

>Bach was unironically pioneering diversity
wtf I hate Bach now

bump

Attached: 800px-BWV105-wie-zittern.jpg (800x1256, 293K)

diversity means more than simply wanting women in the chor

/classical/ more like /bach/

>Bach pushed for female sopranos in his day but the church didn't let him use them
Bach was unironically pioneering diversity
How could you Bach? How could you?

not mad about it

Is Chacone the greatest violin partita ever written, lads?

It gives me wonders no matter how many times I listen to it

The best performance of it is on piano tho

youtube.com/watch?v=tnIRFT477G8

youtu.be/eWG7JYIIFwg

youtube.com/watch?v=jrY8ZIRqa8M

>namefag doesn't like based OVPP
>links to the wikipedia article for OVPP as though everyone here doesn't already know what it is

Most people dont know about OVPP, it is a small meme with few supporters

Peter Mennin (underrated)
youtu.be/484rBL25sYU

His second wife was a soprano and he needed money for his 40 kids.

Petzold

Gershwin

youtube.com/watch?v=_T_ENByq-oc

Tchaikovsky

youtube.com/watch?v=O4NpaY9ROnc

Pieces like this?:
youtube.com/watch?v=KpOtuoHL45Y

youtube.com/watch?v=0diU6lZ92XE

What's the best Bach organ piece?

youtube.com/watch?v=pbYMj6YBsLg

Depends on what you consider a "single" piece, or what you consider an organ piece to begin with. Arguably, some of the WTC pieces are better suited for organ than any other clavier instrument based on their texture and reliance on long, tied notes.

Anyways, if we exclude collections, this is a pretty solid contender and easily the most accomplished unambiguously organ prelude & fugue: youtu.be/kSRwG5Iu3FI

youtube.com/watch?v=f_cPF3xt5b0

toccata and fugue duh

youtube.com/watch?v=96tj3Dr3umM

I play piano and have listened to most everything canon. Give me some deep cuts to inspire me to practice more. I’m working on the etudes and I’m having a hard time enjoying music atm

>As a possible conversation starter
What is music, why do we like it, and why does it demand your life in exchange for its love? Music makes a promise to her suitors, that in exchange for their soul, she will give them the ability to make Real the phantoms of our imagination. Does she deliver? Or is it a joke, and the only thing you can bring out is something she put in there to begin with

Make your own music, nigger.

youtube.com/watch?v=pMZdvcLHIQk

Reminder:
The man who killed Bach
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Taylor_(oculist)

>Taylor's career was destructive. Some time in late March 1750, during one of his European tours, Taylor operated on Bach's cataracts in Leipzig and reportedly blinded him. There is some evidence that Taylor operated on Handel in August 1758, in Tunbridge Wells, after which Handel's health deteriorated until his death in April 1759. In both cases Taylor claimed complete success.

lmao

Imagine listening to Bach is 2019.

Fucking Gould. As much as I love some of his work, shit like this just really gets in the way

Why the fuck did he skip the repeats?

I want to and I often do. Right now I’m in a strange place musically. Perhaps for the first time now since I started I’m actually a musician. I can take what I hear in my head and bring it out. I can work and perform difficult pieces of repertoire.
Yet there’s so much disparity in the sounds I have in my head. I thought it would be unified but when it comes to composing I have dozens of different genres floating around up here.

Music is stylistic, or idiomatic. There are techniques, both compositionally and instrumentally, that determine a particular sound or genre. Certain techniques combine to form what is discernible, as previously form, but now idiom, style, and genre.

You can’t just mix and match and get something coherent. And you can’t just imitate and get something honest. we lack the community the composers of old had. But our communites now are what? Pop, techno, and tongue in cheek faggot jazz?

Forming your own genre is almost a laughable endeavor. The luck required to appeal to an audience today.. you’d be stumbling around seeking a good combination and By happening upon some hodgepodge that speaks of something true today. Wew

I’m pointing to a disparity of musical style today as someone who started out with a passion for jazz and took a several years long detour through classical music ostensibly for technique but I of course fell in love with it.
Coming to this new stage of my journey I’m looking around seeing not what I expected at all

Kek

There's no reason to play repeats on records.

ure ggay

The soul of the music is in the repeats why does everyone think they’re forgettable and should be played identically? The best teacher I had insisted I play prepared, varied repeats when performing during our lesson. All the others said to skip them and basically never mentioned and just do it
Twice on stage.
Gould can ornament, i don’t see why record performances must be so mild compared to live. I’ve heard this sentiment expressed a lot and it’s been around for as long as we’ve been recording. This is what Gould was trying to fuck with but to just omit half the music man

youtu.be/dPaLcBD79L4

Guys I wanna learn the piano so I can improvise and make music. Is there a book that teaches beginners how to improvise?

Schumann

youtube.com/watch?v=fDyLUC4PM7A

Ornament is crime.

Yeah so it’s the liturgical performance practice cancer. It’s the equal temperament web of lies keeping you from accessing the world of Ideas and feeling what music can feel without drugs to enable your imagination to correct the intrinsic disharmony present in all music today

Monteverdi

youtu.be/4WPqZqf1uRw

Attached: 1554519735228.jpg (612x612, 31K)

t. Harry Partch

Hindemith

youtube.com/watch?v=dmtZVEELC8Q

faster than modern recordings

It’s ocmplicated user you won’t get it from any book. Without even touching the ocean that is technique or composition or anything related to the act of improvising. You need to know your chords and scales. There are 4 directions in which we can practice sequences. Ascending, Descending, and alternating asc/dsc and dsc/asc
At minimum you need to know all maj/min keys and the networks of aug/dim chords and their relations to dominants and cadences.
Practice arpeggios In the directions through 12 keys. Up c maj, down d min, up e min, etc. and In all intervals from seconds thru tenths. Learn a tune like the song is you. Torrent the Barry harris DVD’s and do all of that. Bach inventions c maj f maj d min a min bbmaj. A few fugues c min, d minbk2
Also do the Schoenberg harmony exercises in his textbook.

I should start
Making YouTube videos I have answers to all this but it’s so
Fucking complicated

Attached: F9C5D325-FA08-4AF3-9FCC-6F5E403D9942.jpg (956x960, 65K)

I'm talking about improvising in classical style, not jazz

In that case you can stay ignorant of the geometry of harmony and proceed instead to the wonderful world of counterpoint before Mozart and then make sonatas with it. You’ll still need your scalar sequences though so but pratice more triads, ornaments, double notes, octaves, Alberti bass.

Google partimento studies Robert gjierdingen

And do all that shit. He has a good YouTube lecture and book on galant style which is when improvising was still a thing with the thorough basso continuo situation

If you wanna learn 18th century style the 18th-century way, I recommend looking into partimento exercises and the pedagogy built around Gjerdingen's research.

Basically, you learn stock voice-leadings over scale fragments and practice them over unfigured basses and other partial compositions.

Tfw the gjierdingen thing is becoming a thing

Gjierdingen is the best sounding name and he has that accent from Fargo it’s just too much

Attached: E917F403-8B5D-4558-A1A5-94968331CE01.jpg (211x238, 9K)

>implying Tymoczko has a theory of tonality
Even partimento manuals do a better job.

Also, partimenti were integral to compositional pedagogy until the 20th century, it's how Debussy was taught.

Someone please recommend arabianmusicesque classical music.

youtube.com/watch?v=9dqzGgMnypw
>

Reminder that Russian Cubo-Futurism is and shall always be the ultimate pleb-filter and the patrician choice.
youtube.com/watch?v=CUz905Yhttc

nothing wrong with french-kissing your daughter long as she's into it too

10/10

Attached: MI0000995110.jpg (1080x1076, 236K)

I lookeed up that and it looks like Bernstein tried to do that with fucking everyone. I have two questions then: does that make the daughter thing more creepy? And did he ever managed to do it with Gould?

Attached: mahler fanboy and humming man.jpg (800x536, 54K)

a) Nah, s'all good
b) All. The. Time.

Is Anton Dvorak worth it? Is he better/worse than/comparable to Brahms?

You don’t need it for that no. But the system it’s gorgeous and you’re today so take it or leave it

I like him. He's worse than Brahms though.

His new world symphony is pretty majestic, though the fourth movement reminds me of Mulan for some reason

>worse than Brahms
i don't remember dvorak being such shit

Yeah that's all I've listened to by him, and I was thinking of exploring his oeuvre, but I want to make sure it's worth it and he's not a one-hit-wonder, so to speak, before I spend a month listening to his stuff

Shit, just so I avoid them, what are he biggest one hit wonders?

P E T Z O L D

Attached: 1550190370288.jpg (252x270, 96K)

Carl Orff

Arseny Mikhailovich Avraamov
youtube.com/watch?v=Kq_7w9RHvpQ

Pfitzner

Amazed that no one's said Bizet yet

Stockhausen.

Holy fuck you’re right

Neither "one hit" nor "wonder"

youtu.be/iyWsmuY6XT0

>EEEE COSI A POCO A POOOOOOOOOOOOOCOOO TOOORNOO FARFALLA SEMPLICETTA AL FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCOOO

Attached: 1557433871871.png (808x805, 787K)

Mahler. His only good composition is 4th movement of 5th symphony.

kill yourself, you clown

Attached: brinlit.png (621x702, 56K)

Prove me wrong, bitch.

Attached: ecb.jpg (1000x563, 244K)

>waste your time arguing with a retard, bitch
no thanks, just kill yourself

Attached: haraldrada.jpg (1024x937, 42K)

Using Reddit memes, yikes. No wonder you like Mahler.

>Mahler
>one hit wonder
the STATE of this general

Attached: jesu.jpg (480x360, 23K)

>Reddit memes
>"""yikes"""
You have to go

>calls Mahler a one hit wonder
can you both go

>Reddit memes
since when is harold a reddit meme you edgelord

I was calling out the retard who called Mahler a one-hit onder, retard

can I go

yes

If this were really a
>classical thread,
it would only feature music written between 1750 and 1820. I think you meant
>orchestral

ok bye

>orchestral
that's even less accurate

>I think you meant
>>orchestral
That's even more dumb.

Attached: 1551601014419.png (613x594, 536K)

academic*
dumber*

English isn't my first language, sorry.

Attached: Yeah thatd probably help im dumb _d0e6d4a268bcdb43cd960cda0fc2c6ab.png (393x360, 239K)

not an excuse

Is this neo-romantic? Neoclassical/baroque? What period does it reflect the most?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ss9Hcw4zFfM

let's just call it /highbrow/

Neo-Garbage

that'd just invite a flood of "experimental" srs bsns popular music

Listening to Baroque has greatly improved my social, financial, and sex life. After just 2 weeks of actively listening to it daily, I went from being a hopeless virgin to fucking multiple women daily. My penis has grown 4 inches and I’ve grown from 5’8” to 6’1”. I have almost doubled my muscle mass and I went from barely able to keep a stream of cum to being able to bust massive loads on women. Life is the greatest and I owe it all to Baroque.

Attached: 00239DB3-611F-47A0-B13E-1D212E624476.jpg (351x531, 166K)

if this wasn't copypasta before, it is now

Gershwin composed classical, but this aint it. great song though here's Gershwin playing it on solo piano
youtu.be/xqGI8sSgXbE

were you not alive in the 60s? you would never stop hearing "Gruppen" on the radio

Why were the Nazis so good at everything? Would the world be a utopia today if they had won?

youtube.com/watch?v=GHlPC3CAZ20&bpctr=1559367222

anyone?

>Why were the Nazis so good at everything?
like what, other than uniforms and planes
>Would the world be a utopia today if they had won?
the world was never going to be an utopia

Its pop music you dumb fuck gtfo

you don't fucking say

Attached: (you).jpg (2550x2403, 690K)

It's in the style of folk, not western art music.

>as if they don't overlap constantly
also just because it's neofolk doesn't mean it's in a folk style. What kind of folk is that? It certainly isn't scandinavian folk
youtube.com/watch?v=HOaexx4OJXI

They didn't. Traditional Folk and Art Music are by definition contradictory. Given the band is Norwegian, I'd assume it's Norwegian folk.
youtube.com/watch?v=FObf4MNdl6E

in absolute awe of the stupidity of this post

A very sound retort.

>neoclassical metal
Anyone debating how appropriatly the term “classical” is used here is a pseud

Improv planet, my nigga. $1 a month

patreon.com/ImprovPlanet/posts

>They didn't
Even ignoring the fact that the western canon has its remote origins on folk music, as does all music, they did and have, almost constantly since the 18th century
>by definition contradictory
Expand on that. As things stand, nothing about their definition makes them mutually exclusive
>I'd assume it's Norwegian folk
Norwegian folk shares most of its musical elements with folk music from the rest of scandinavia, and as has been stated and proven twice (once by your very own link, even if that's contemporary neofolk and thus separate from proper folk forms), sounds nothing like the music linked here You have the big dumb and need to go asleep

And what's wrong with that? This general is in need of becoming more lively.

>metal
where

pls no

>what's wrong with that?
It's out of topic. Might aswell go to the electronic music general and try to get people to discuss Segovia

Recommend me some music that uses the oud.

Attached: Oud2.jpg (1148x862, 254K)

Listen to this and then tell me those woah funny letters acoustic guitar players aren’t hugely influenced by it
youtu.be/WM8bTdBs-cw

You like metal and prog. It’s ok

what's this post to do with anything

Wtf they even censored classic music? The link it's no good. Those fucking pricks.

it works on youtube. just can't watch it on other websites.

Beethoven is not classical music.

Traditional Folk is music made by people with no education in music, Western Art Music is made by people who are educated in it. The music the common people played and the music nobles gathered in their homes to play were completely different. Sacred music and secular music was completely different. They were always separate. Structurally, they're similar. If you can't see past timbre, that's your problem. I'll make it easier for you.
youtube.com/watch?v=8k7ne8YMIIs

>t. pseud

None of what you've said means shit in the face of the fact that folklore and academic music have overlapped time and time again, and aren't mutually exclusive as is readily demonstrable by listening to any composer who has used folk forms, something that's been happening since the days of Mozart Sr
>Structurally, they're similar
If you mean the Ulver link and the Okland one then you're the one who needs their ears checked

>If you can't see past timbre, that's your problem.
>posts music that's completely different except timbrically
what
a
laugh

>timbrically

BASED

I mean fuck it’s really good

u r gay an annoying

Bartók
youtube.com/watch?v=yN8ipjfeNto

>Furtwängler
>nazi

Attached: 1537627999338.png (510x602, 270K)

Music, as the only artform with an explicitly dynamic nature, is movement and pause, life and death, creation and destruction - in its constant flux, it touches us so deeply because it doesn't in statics remind us of our conceptualisation, but in dynamics reminds us of our primal nature, that which cannot be categorised and intellectualised.

What painful, pompous bullshit is this. You sound like a fat nerd who would die of shame if you ever even considered dance.

I'm ESL AND a fat nerd, so i wasn't dealt a good hand in contributing to this thread.

What is a category? How do we fill them? Do we make them too? Is perhaps our essence entirely of making and filling categories? Does music just happen to be something malleable in this categorical fashion and is it really just ourselves watching ourselves do ourselves that makes us feel so
Satisfied?

Is it that big of a honk?

petzold

My butt

pfitzner

That's what it should say on your business cards:
Lester Fagmo:
"I fuck butts and I fuck them to stay fucked."

If you don't perform all repeats you're a cuck

O Hanlon go back to amazon

What do you all think about the works of this ugly dude that aren't the canon?

Attached: thecanondude.jpg (260x296, 18K)

I hate Canon

I'm asking about the others.

Attached: 1548784228233.jpg (300x300, 66K)

meh

10/10

Attached: 71Q9IfYywyL._SX679_.jpg (679x599, 52K)

Based and Berniuspilled

Attached: MI0001044906.jpg (500x499, 40K)

You know what really bums me out about classic music? We'll never hear these songs as they were originally performed. Orchestras are basically just classic music cover bands.

MONTEVERDI

youtu.be/MlFTpp9oNzQ

Attached: 1559116677670.jpg (709x1024, 55K)

>songs

nice,
desu i listen only to bm and bach

>The Japanese idea of music has no resemblance to ours. Their scales are not based on a harmonic concept, or, if so, at least it is not ours. Friends of Eastern Asiatic music claim that this monodic music is capable of such variety as to express every nuance of human feeling.This may be true, but to the Western ear it sounds—ah—different.
>I used to say that the composer must be able to look very far ahead,in the future of his music. It seems to me this is the masculine way of thinking: thinking at once of the whole future of the whole destiny of the idea and preparing before hand for every possible detail. This is the manner in which a man builds his house, organizes his affairs, and prepares for his wars. The other manner is the feminine manner which takes into account with good understanding the nearest consequences of a problem, but misses preparing for the more remote events.
>Thomas Mann's Adrian Leverkiihn does not know the essentials of composing with twelve tones. All he knows has been told him by Mr. Adorno, who knows only the little I was able to tell my pupils.

Attached: arnold-schonberg-autoportrait-bleu_0.jpg (1900x2669, 3.77M)

What your opinion on the newest DsO album bro?

Weebs BTFO

Go back to /metal/.

Attached: 1556289193832.jpg (457x457, 56K)

t. Nu-male low T reifag

>pachelbel canon recording is longer than four minutes

Attached: 1558906987290.jpg (488x563, 32K)

too prog 4 me, i like ye old trv nrvegian odschool evil stuff

MORE MONTEVERDI

youtu.be/9AId7nv6vRY

Attached: 1543643176363.png (801x767, 109K)

Is this new? It's not on rutracker.

Yeah, I listen to classical music. Petzold, Pfitzner, Pezel, Pizzetti, Pasterwitz, the list goes on...

Attached: me_on_the_back.jpg (618x734, 61K)

You can't bloody compare Kafka and Bartok. Bartok was a composer of extremely pastiche and predictable music, whereas Kafka was a literary master of the sinister and mildly absurd.

This recording is best.

MADONNA PAGANINI HA UN CAZZO ENORME PERCHÉ ERA ITALIANO

lmao

Heifetz is better
Mengelberg is good and all but I don't care for his big band Bach.
The only recording I've liked of hers is that Schoenberg VC performance.
Haydn's Op.76/No.4
HIP is good and bad. Sometimes they go too far and other times they don't go far enough. I am more than happy with much of the HIP movement insofar as baroque and renaissance music is concerned. When it comes to the classical era it tends to be more variable for me, and much of the romantic HIP efforts have been boring. Which is funny, because we have a lot of HARD evidence when it comes to romantic performance styles that everyone conveniently ignores and/or underplays.
Yeah he owned that arrangement.
IMO it depends on how fast you play it and what's being repeated. Levy's recording of the K310 comes to mind as something I wish took a repeat or two.
Furt wasn't a Nazi.

Is this bait or are you just a pleb?

>Kafka
>mildly absurd

youtube.com/watch?v=dgEI6LBcGts

Attached: 13709896_906086032853779_5462547690041000685_n.jpg (300x300, 17K)

obscure basque quartet coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=BRIIuSV-_vI

Attached: José María Usandizaga.jpg (2525x1702, 1.14M)

youtube.com/watch?v=cKXFu8nv5XY
youtube.com/watch?v=5mC4PpAcnAI

No everything's on rutracker

maybe he only listens to lieder with orchestral accompaniment

Some commentary on soviet life

>Bartok
>pastiche and predictable music

I'm guessing you haven't actually listened to Bartok

Why are jews so bad at composing?

They're devils

Blow

youtube.com/watch?v=KYzO8XDN-UU

Schubert

youtube.com/watch?v=cdLuvGsjwlA

youtube.com/watch?v=U-pVz2LTakM

Schoenberg
youtube.com/watch?v=mFvtSGCFVO0

youtube.com/watch?v=Vi-AIihudlg

*ahem*

youtu.be/YnfhInZLmUQ

I’m not defending jews but I will defend Mahler as a composer

Somehow, despite the rampant stupidity of this general, this place manages to be the least worst in this goddamn shithole.

>Somehow, despite the rampant stupidity of this general, this place manages to be the least worst in this goddamn shithole.

Attached: soyjak.jpg (665x800, 157K)

Attached: 1558366036330.png (1000x1000, 226K)

Being the least worst among the trash is all I've managed to do in life so its only fitting I ended up here

bretty good