Why does Yea Forums hate this band?

Why does Yea Forums hate this band?

Attached: red hot chili peppers(1988 -1992 , 1998 -2009) Anthony Kiedis Flea Chad Smith John Frusciante.jpg (392x490, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0kTdLInwJ7T
youtube.com/watch?v=5dRY8-E9TAA
youtu.be/pdHrGLkFG6U
youtube.com/watch?v=1BBT9BVdw6o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They suck

I'M SECRETLY GAY

They suck

It's filler like lettuce

they are boring and overrated af, plus they are shitty buttrock

Beef with Mike Patton and Anthony Kiedis but Patton gets more respect here so a lot of people just hate RHCP for no real reason

Too many Yea Forumstards have too much s o y

wut

Because them and Primus never aged as well as every basic stoner douche who peaked in high school in the 90s and thought they were their generation's Dylan or Lennon believed they did.

theyre not bad but they have a couple songs where kiedis vocals/lyrics are really fuckin stupid

They're shit since Frusciante left.

Pretty much
But the frusciante era and before, plus one hot minute, all great

dat's funny 'cos RHCP have been very vocal supporters of gay rights and feminism since the early 90s and they endorsed Bernie Sanders for president

because Yea Forums is gay

vocaroo.com/i/s0kTdLInwJ7T

youtube.com/watch?v=5dRY8-E9TAA

goddamn what a shitshow. and you guys think this is listenable music how?

SITTING ON A SACK OF BEANS

If only Anthony was as nice of a guy IRL as he makes himself out to be in his memoir.

And Jim Morrison was arrested for less then this lmao.

they're for normies. flea seems alright though.

I am no mu, i am me, and me likes this band.

Attached: 8e0e936d5df168cb43ccd28b84db754a.jpg (500x500, 31K)

You wanna compare what was acceptable in 1968 versus what was acceptable in 1999? Outside of a few happening spots in California and NYC, most Americans were still on 1950s social standards.

>normies

Attached: 1559258709809.jpg (500x322, 16K)

youtu.be/pdHrGLkFG6U

superior version

Actually popular culture has gotten _less_ edgy since the 90s and become blander and more PC/safespace.

t. normie
get off my site

Flip yo lid back to California
If you die then I guess I should mourn ya
I'm dippy dipping back to the sunshine state
Just in time baby I'm never late

CALIFORNIA YAAAA YAAAAA YAAAAAA

>normie

Attached: 1558978113941.jpg (1242x1001, 383K)

Dats funny cos none of that means anything
You have too much tofu in your diet son

its fuckin spic rock

They're very cringe, imagine thinking walking across Abbey Road naked with socks on your cocks is funny

Attached: redhotchilipeppersabbeyroad.jpg (480x347, 30K)

dumb frogposter

I mean, it is California.

Huge fucking discography of music, with only like 2 good albums with 3 good songs each. Basically the 2nd most overrated piece of shit next to the Foo Fighters.

Who the fuck overrates Foo Fighters?

I think they're ok

CAAAL EEE FOR NNEE AYE
THAT'S THE PLACE WHERE I BE GAYYYY

Mike Patton told me to hate them

based

Their audience

he openly admitted to fucking a child and hasnt been cancelled yet.

For me personally, I can't stand Kiedis voice. It's the same reason why I dislike Rage Against the Machine

B side of californication is bomb as fuck. Epin album moment when chad smith refrains to around the world in the end of purple stain.

Hate is too strong a word. I just live my musical life mostly unaware of them. It's like they're okay, but not interesting enough for me to invest time in.

this. he's so fucking behind the rest of the band. just jumping around and whooping. he has a history with them for sure but he's just not on their level. wasn't he just a hypeman to begin with?

How is a band made up of individually talented musicians so mediocre?

BSSM is legit a 9/10 album
Never cared much for the rest. Mother's Milk and One Hot Minute are good, their early albums have some hipster cred to them but they mostly suck, and their pop era only has a handful of good songs (though some of those are admittedly fantastic).

Because Anthony Kiedis isn't individually talented and he's the frotman.

OHM is their only good album. Everything before that is mediocre funk jam shit and everything after that is bland post-addiction adult pop.

That would explain a lot. Agree on the rest of the band, I think they're actually pretty good

They're unironically a band for chads and Yea Forums is populated by contrarian virgins.
Imagine any Yea Forumstant listening to this song. Must make them recoil in fear. It fills them with rage and jealousy.
youtube.com/watch?v=1BBT9BVdw6o
It's not music virgin introverts can appreciate. Only high test lady killers.

My sister used to be obsessed with RHCP back then and built a disgusting shrine to them in her room. She even briefly "dated" Anthony Kiedis. I hated that band so much.

First off, Yea Forums is a board not one person, so stop wording your posts as if that's not the case.
Second, I've never gotten the impression that most people on here hate them. In fact over the years alnost every one of the few threads that actually talk about them are about and full of other people praisong BSSM and Californication. Only thing coming close to a general consensus that puts them in any remotely negative light are people saying that John Frusciante's solo work>RHCP's which is definitely true but doesn't suggest people hate them.

Give it away is unironically a good song and one of the more unique to become a hit

I'm still trying to find OP of that recording to do a studio version of this. I've got the studio. I ain't gonna charge money. I just want this meme in high def.

Yea Forums doesn't like them because contrarianism is in
I don't like them because they're generally bland and corporate rock-y

They're kinda ok but they get boring quick

YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT I'VE SEEN
SITTIN' ON A STACK OF BEANS

this is an actual RHCP lyric though and the song is not bad

Rick Rubin

Rubin only started to lose his mind in the late 90s. BSSM and OHM sound fine compared to what he did to everything afterwards.

Wow yeah user you're so superior to all those Yea Forums drone trend followers. No way could they have their own reasons, or the exact same ones you have.

YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT I'VE SEEN

Attached: sitting-on-a-sack-of-beans.jpg (1280x720, 58K)

It's complicated.

fucking based

idk just like tons of groups that have a indisputable peak album who seem to keep going for 20+years with diminishing returns if RHCP knew when to quit they'd only be guilty of spawining shitty bands but not as much shitty music

they used to be great but the last 20 years their music output completely sucks.
CONCEPT - if someone had shot Anthony dead in 2001 they would probably bigger than nirvana or the beatles today.

strangely agree 100%. but i contend again someone should have shot the lead singer in 2001 to maximise reputation and status of greatness

so you would rather rap
"ok, i'll comply and do what you tell me".....?

indeed. RHCP were poster boy edgelords in the late 1980s which was a time when very few people had visible tattoos.
today most normies, plebs & incels support entire body tatts