How do I into black metal if all I've listened to is this?

How do I into black metal if all I've listened to is this?

Attached: cover.jpg (1000x1000, 265K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=islBGes5K_c
youtube.com/watch?v=CK9LG86ccvM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=3raUrPF2XdY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How do I into black metal if all I've listened to is [album that isn't black metal]?

Don't listen to black metal

Uh, listen to it? What a dumb fucking question lmao

Darkthrone - Transylvanian Hunger

Listen to the whole thing, If you wanted more gazey feels i reccommend;

Sun Devoured Earth
It's Blackgaze the same as Sunbather but darker.

Definitely listen to Filosofem by Burzum and De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas by Mayhem.

From there you'll know your way.

...listen to black metal? It isn't rocket science user. You'll have a hard time if you expect the rest of the genre to sound anything like Sunbather.

Attached: bmchart.jpg (1680x1720, 1.04M)

Burzum - first to fourth albums (if you want just one album, listen to Det Som Engang Var, though it is much better if you listen to them all)
Mayhem - Deathcrush
Darkthrone - Transilvanian Hunger

you guys are faggots

actually helpful, thanks

they gave you information that it woud've taken about 30 seconds to find with google you massive retard

sunbather isnt black metal
seei'd start with the avant-garde stuff if you liked the mixture of genres in subather. purist black metal is something completely different that would probably take a while to "enjoy"

use your resources this board isn't for spoon-feeding you

Attached: Screenshot (139).png (1768x720, 1013K)

it's essentially me asking for recs, like anons are currently doing in other threads. why the fuck are you guys so butthurt?

>Sunbather
Start with suicide, go from there.

Listen to misþyrming latest album, Coldworld, woods of desolation and if like those then go and listen to Leviathan’s the tenth sub level of suicide and Ulver’s first album. From there on you’re set. Despite why metalfags will tell you this album is not that far from “true” black metal so if liked this you’re probably going to enjoy some of the most accessible records (like the bands I already told you).

asking for recs is spoon-feeding i'd say the same thing to them. you can only get into something if you find it yourself

asking for specific recs is different to asking 'how do i start listening to this well known and well established genre of music'

Getting into black metal is easy. Listen to Darkthrone, Burzum, Emperor, and Enslaved, each of them play a different style of black metal, if you like one band explore similar ones or make a thread on Yea Forums, it's always nice to talk bm here.

Keep in mind Deafheaven is barely black metal, some people call it blackgaze. Other albums with just a bit more bm influence you might like:
Lantlos - Melting Sun
Alcest - Souvenirs d'un Autre Monde
Ghostbath - Moonlover
Ethereal Shroud - They Became the Falling Ash

Attached: blackgaze.png (1095x873, 706K)

You're giving him stuff that he should listen to wayyyy later on user

give moonlover by ghost bath a try
but prepare your self for some wack ass vocals

Attached: a0529726240_2.jpg (350x350, 24K)

youtube.com/watch?v=islBGes5K_c
i'd start with this

that’s all you need

>blackgays
listen to real black metal you fag
youtube.com/watch?v=CK9LG86ccvM

Attached: 1558369473280.png (655x609, 420K)

Not really. Ulver is one of the first bm bands most people listen to, Cold World and Wods of Desolation are very popular and accessible atmoshit, and Leviathan is arguably the most known USBM artist.

le only war medal is real :DDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Not really man the only “true” black metal album I listed was the one from Leviathan but even in that one the production is good and the riffs are catchy, the vocals are not that extreme either.

Listen to Ildjarn and if you don't like it then FUCK OFF.

thats more synth punk you pleb

This, I would have helped you if you didn't talk like a retard

Attached: 1547360731337.jpg (620x827, 310K)

Hey now, quit being a poo poo pee pee head

I'm not going to mention all the classic Darkthrone/Burzum/Mayhem stuff since that's all been covered already

This album is great, listen to it. I like the more atmospheric side of black metal so I'd also recommend Paysage d'hiver (the title album), the other Wolves in the Throne Room albums are good though not quite as good as Two Hunters so you can listen to those as well, Agalloch - The Mantle is really good but not really black metal, I'd say it's more on the atmospheric side. Some other bands are Drudkh, Alter of Plagues, Fen, Behemoth's The Satanist is really good (though less atmospheric than all the other stuff I've mentioned), and Batushka - Litourgiya is really good as well.

Attached: twohunters.jpg (887x887, 239K)

Attached: 1559177637364.png (894x823, 1001K)

Dubs and you get assassinated.

Listen to Hviss Lyset Tar Oss

Honestly, Deafheaven isn’t really black metal. They’re influenced by the genre, but there’s a reason people describe them as blackgaze instead of black metal

BASED

Alcest

Alcest, Woods Of Desolation, and Thantifaxath

This is the proper way to understand the genre, which Deafheaven honestly isn't a part of (may as well just check out 90s screamo). Anyway, I assume you like Sabbath, Maiden, and Priest already but if not learn the basics of metal first. (excuse the spacing)

Start with the classics like Venom, Bathory, Sodom, Mercyful Fate, Sarcofago, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost. (Pre-Norwegians)

Then listen to the early/first 3-4 albums of Mayhem, Darkthrone, Burzum, Immortal, and Emperor. (Norwegians)

Then try Blasphemy, Absu, Master's Hammer, Beherit, Impaled Nazarene, Grand Belial's Key, Varathron, Mortuary Drape. (Non-Norwegians)

After that you should have a good knowledge of the genre to see if you like the stuff or not.

OP here, just finished listening to this black metal record, please spoon feed me more BM albums so i can seem edgy and mysterious

Attached: cb76227e-3ac0-3002-9a10-615a5b73cc59_7a5a.jpg (500x500, 49K)

this but because it's not good

why does 95% of black metal have incompetent vocalists? Is it a rule that if they practice harsh vocals for longer than 2 months they are no longer KVLT and have to hit the road? Or is it because most black metal vocalists are edge lords who wanna be be part of something with like minded edgelords that's bigger than themselves that dont have the talent to play an instrument or scream properly so they just do their best sith lord impression and or make throaty whisper screams and somethimes just huff and puff and throw a lot of reverb and distortion on it and call it good

By checking out my band

m.youtube.com/watch?v=3raUrPF2XdY

Attached: 5B5C91AA-CAAE-4811-8387-783365F9F0DF.jpg (487x650, 61K)

But Chuck did give the best head in metal. David Vincent had his Azagthoth, and everyone in Vader had Doc, but no one made a pink cock erect like Chuck. True, as the AIDS infested his throat it made it hard for him to deep throat, but even as he lay there rotting, stinking of AZT and covered with Kaposi's sarcoma, Chuck would signal with two fingers when a willing donor came into the room. All I can offer in addition to that is the fact that no sex will ever compare to colostomy hole love, especially when the hole is fresh and supple after a well-greased movement.

We will never forget you, Chuck. Every time I hear your name my prostate aches, both for your tender heart-shaped ass and that incredibly thin, probing member we shared many times. It is heartbreaking how many things bring Chuck to mind. The sound of heavy metal. The flavor of Taco Bell food on the road. The scent of semen. The world lost not only a great musician, but a great lover, when Chuck died.

To say Chuck was gay is incorrect. He wasn't gay, he was just open-minded, and he sought anal sex from men, boys, girls and animals alike. Anal was not his favorite. His favorite was the blowjob, and he liked to be held afterwards, with someone stroking his hair and saying, "Chuck you are king of the world."

I will never sell the copy of Leprosy (80 grain vinyl) he left me at our last meeting. It is battered now, and reeks faintly of manpoo, and maybe it does have a few suspicious smears, but it is all I have of him. That and the memories. Those gushing, sticky, illicit, clandestine memories... Oh Chuck I miss you more than I can say.

Attached: 7BDE3F6A-45F1-4182-8F27-D99B6B4857EF.jpg (500x488, 130K)

You kill yourself for christ, worm

because black metal is a subgenre of punk