Am I a pleb for absolutely hating The Beatles?...

Am I a pleb for absolutely hating The Beatles?, they're just a boy band making stupid songs about love that are sad and boring.

Attached: 4273200.jpg (700x393, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pHNbHn3i9S4
youtu.be/HsffxGyY4ck
youtu.be/vWW2SzoAXMo
youtu.be/AFckPkukF7g
youtu.be/UYeV7jLBXvA
youtu.be/Z1ONJQLdZrk
youtu.be/tAe2Q_LhY8g
youtube.com/watch?v=YtmukKLZQUw
youtu.be/SNdcFPjGsm8
youtube.com/watch?v=mJag19WoAe0
youtube.com/watch?v=vWW2SzoAXMo
clyp.it/0bdmxtcg
youtube.com/watch?v=x7prHYwxWPY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You hate all of their records? Not all of them are about that.

Like which?

Here you go, pleb.
youtu.be/pHNbHn3i9S4
youtu.be/HsffxGyY4ck
youtu.be/vWW2SzoAXMo
youtu.be/AFckPkukF7g
youtu.be/UYeV7jLBXvA
youtu.be/Z1ONJQLdZrk
youtu.be/tAe2Q_LhY8g

I don't even understand why they get such praise in this site. This place is full of pretentious dickheads.

Respecting the classics is a good thing.

So you're one of those idiots who think that old music is good just because it is old.

>Am I a pleb for absolutely hating The Beatles?
Yes.
>stupid songs about love
Check out Rain, Strawberry Fields Forever, Across The Universe, A Day In The Life. I agree that their lyrical maturity happened a bit late (1965; Nowhere Man was the first Beatles song that didn't talk about love), but they wrote a lot of great lyrics after that. John's songs are the ones you should listen to in that sense. George wrote a bit of spiritual/philosophical stuff like It's All Too Much and Northern Song. Paul's entire work is about relationships, though, with very few exceptions like Penny Lane.

>caring about lyrics
pleb spotted

>liking the most successful and acclaimed band of all time is being pretentious
??

I don't trust anybody who doesn't like The Beatles. They were all over the place. They wrote pop songs, psychedelic rock songs, songs with classical influence, classical Indian sitar songs, proto-metal, blues, fucking musique concrete, even some songs that could pass for instrumental hip-hop.
The Beatles didn't have any one particular sound. When somebody tells me that they hate The Beatles, I respect their opinions a little less.

Yeah I agree except that Paul is superior to John. John was a retard so asking him to write something deep is like asking a retard to tell you something deep.

George and Paul though realy got good especially MMT on.

I hated the Beatles because of their pop girl rock shit but I realized their good songs were later and less accessible.

This is pretty good tho

youtube.com/watch?v=YtmukKLZQUw

Yes. You don't have to like it, but trying to justify it that way that is woefully ignorant of history and where it was coming from and just how huge it was makes you an utter pleb and retard. Sorry.

>So you're one of those idiots who think that old music is good just because it is old.
Important does not necessarily mean good. Do you like music? Then you should care about the history and evolution of music as a popular media. Otherwise, just listen to what you like and don't talk about it, what need would you have to discuss music if you're only motivation is to hear what you enjoy?

Yes
>they're just a boy band
[citation needed]

>just a boy band
Get fucked, retard.
youtu.be/SNdcFPjGsm8

>Yeah I agree except that Paul is superior to John. John was a retard so asking him to write something deep is like asking a retard to tell you something deep.
I disagree if you're comparing them overall, and i disagree even more if you're saying lyric-wise. Across The Universe is a lyrical(and melodical; it's one of the songs that make me feel that John > Paul) masterpiece imo.
>George and Paul really got good especially MMT on
I think Paul's peak is on Revolver, overall and lyrically. Even though John helped with Eleanor Rigby's lyrics, it's a fantastic song, and For No One and H, T & E are really great.
George indeed reached his peak in 68-69, i agree.

it admittedly does surprise me as well. considering how contrarian Yea Forums(nel) is supposed to be, I thought they would hate them for sure

So you're one of those idiots who think that new music is inherently vital

>Am I a pleb for absolutely hating The Beatles?,
Yes.

>they're just a boy band making stupid songs about love that are sad and boring.
You are sad and boring. The Beatles were excellent songwriters. Well except Ringo.

Attached: ringo.png (500x681, 497K)

the majority of people here do. There are only a handful of reasonable music fans here. Most people here don't like music, just social posturing.

Their "boyband" (very stupid term to describe their early career) is fucking great as well. People often dismiss this but it's full of genius songwriting and pretty ahead of its time. Nothing sounded like She Loves You or I Want to Hold Your Hand and that's why those songs are responsible of their stardom. John and Paul chemistry is something we'll never see again.

Calling The Beatles a "just a boy band" is the biggest red flag that you have never listened to The Beatles.

This pic is fake though. This conversation never happened.
And Ringo is obviously the best drummer.

HAHA. they were a pop band bro, get over yourself. everyone that likes music has liked the beatles at some point in their life, but those who listen to tons of music tend to dislike them. why? because they’re pop.

Attached: 2033D12E-83A3-44C5-9B2D-54A9A5B9A87E.png (474x351, 182K)

Really garbage taste and a waste of great fucking digits. John was responsible for most of Beatles' masterpieces.

>but those who listen to tons of music tend to dislike them.
[citation needed]

I'm gonna fuck your mother's octopussy

>but those who listen to tons of music tend to dislike them
Source: my ass

Calling The Beatles a boyband is one of the most shrink wrapped Buzzfeed opinions anyone can ever muster...

I think your problem is something deeper than just not liking The Beatles, OP.

I listen to tons of music and Beatles are my favorite band since I was 8 (24 now).
They were just the best to ever do it man.

So far the replies just tell me this is a site full of beatles fans. So lame

Ringo pls

Everywhere is full of Beatles fans, nigger.

I suppose >>>/reddit/ then

Shut the fuck up. Post your favorite, Beatles discography probably shits all over it.

That's a shame. I guess you have no choice but to return to reddit.

I'm not a nigger because I don´t like The Beatles

That's right. You're a nigger because your parents are niggers

Fuck you ringo is based

Why are Americans so based?

Attached: aaron-taylor-johnson.jpg (850x400, 82K)

sorry you’re just plebs. I listened to nothin but the beatles for a year straight. 356 days. after that I couldn’t stand their music, but in the midst of it, they were my favorite. they’re just melodies you’ll outgrow. I haven’t listened to them in 11 years now, and I don’t have the urge to.

Attached: FB50EB6D-254D-4CF4-A2EE-86A1210DB602.jpg (600x696, 42K)

Saying “they’re just a boy band making stupid songs about love that are sad and boring” just shows you’ve never really listened to them.

Sweet but do you know music theory?

alright

I like Dark side of the Moon, all King Crimson discography. My favorite album is Mechanical Animals by Marilyn Manson. I like metal in general.

Calm down Ringo

Attached: large.jpg (500x397, 64K)

>non musician thinking his opinion is relevant in any way
Kek.

Attached: 818470C7-6582-4BA0-BCD2-30E46B5ED01C.png (408x469, 272K)

That would be hilarious if that were true

So, thatr's a no I take it?

Interesting.

>I play music so you can’t talk about music
you faggots make me sick

Attached: 90E5D4E3-E83E-454B-823D-7D3807DC1A90.gif (238x155, 486K)

>but those who listen to tons of music tend to dislike them. why? because they’re pop.
I'm the guy you're replying to. I worked at a record store for 5 years. I was in charge of purchasing and pricing used records and tapes. I've spent thousands of hours lurking Discogs and researching weird shit. I've literally heard thousands of albums in my life. I've heard weird bizarre shit that you can't even imagine. Hundreds of local demo tapes, records that are so obscure they're not even on Discogs, albums that haven't been ripped and uploaded to the internet yet and only exist on vinyl or tape, strange bootlegs, etc.
I know for a fact that I've heard more music than you. I still love The Beatles.

>I know shit about music so my opinion matters!
lmao

>I listened to a lot of music so my opinion is better than yours!
>oh but knowing music theory? well th-that doesn't m-matter...
topkek

musicians usually have the worst taste of all music fans. income level (or family income level) correlates to better music taste than anything else

I want to add that I am also a musician.

>everyone that likes music has liked the beatles at some point in their life, but those who listen to tons of music tend to dislike them

Translation: My opinion is shit so I'm going to pretend a lot of people have this opinion so it seems less shit.

>musicians usually have the worst taste of all music fans.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
cope

Based. I used to do the exact same thing but I did only for 2 years. I had to study and work in another field but damn, I miss listening to weird and obscure stuff for a living. That's why I started browsing Yea Forums in the first place in 2011.

Also obscure pop albums > obscure experimental albums for some reason. The same happened to you?

Also Beatles is still my fav band.

Yeah, same thing. When you've heard a hundred cassette tapes of people banging pots and pans and screaming in foreign languages over some backwards tape loop, it gets boring fast. I've heard so much of that shit. I don't care anymore. I love finding hidden pop gems, and I love pop that subverts pop tropes. The Beatles were great at this.

OP here

For instance, Abbey Road gets such praise here, but it contains stupid mellow songs like this one:

youtube.com/watch?v=mJag19WoAe0

what is he even trying to say?

Maxwell is garbage. Only Paulfags like this shit. Listen to George's amazing tracks of abbey Road.

What's wrong with mellow songs?

It also has a seven minute proto-metal song.
youtu.be/tAe2Q_LhY8g

So pretentious. They stopped being a boy band to become this "avant garde" crap. Kill yourself

>every avant garde piece is pretentious
Kys my man

They snuck a musique concrete song into the homes of millions of teenage girls. That's pretty awesome. Can you imagine Ariana Grande ending an album with a 9 minute long noise track?

>They stopped being a boy band
Well, they never started actually

I think the best example of a proto-metal song is Helter Skelter

youtube.com/watch?v=vWW2SzoAXMo

Attached: box.jpg (250x250, 19K)

Yes you're a pleb but not for the reason you think. It's perfectly plausible for you to listen to lots of popular Beatles songs and not like them. But it's impossible for you to listen to their entire 300 song discography and not find something you can relate to.

That's what makes them the most successful musical act in history. It's not one song or one album, because for every sgt. peppers (beatles concept album) there's Pink Floyd's the wall (concept album around the same time by another band). For every Revolvers there's Pet Sounds, but The Beach Boys don't have a substantive concept album like the Beatles and Pink Floyd doesn't have love songs like the Beatles.

They've done everything. Every big idea that's gone to be implanted in every pop song for the past 50 years now. Paul McCartney and John Lennon are still the holders of the number 1 and 2 spots respectively for top number 1 billboard singles, and John died 40 years ago. The only contenders coming up are the producers that have only had writing credits because they've been gate-keepers for major labels for decades (Max Martin, Dr Luke, etc) and even having credit for every pop artist in the past 20 years doesn't amass them as many pop hits as the Beatles made between the years 1963-1969

TL;DR

The Beatles invented modern music.

How much of a joyless cunt you have to be to hate Maxwell's Silver Hammer? It's such a fun and unpretentious pop song. I love it and I'm not even a Paulfag.

It's a fun track. But it's not a good track.

clyp.it/0bdmxtcg

The Beatles wrote "Hammer Smashed Face" 25 years before Cannibal Corpse.

There's always one person in a room of 50 that won't sing along when I Feel Fine comes on, can't say I envy living the life of that person.

I like Maxwell's because it tells the story of a gruesome murder set to a bouncy pop song.

Joan was quizzical, studied pataphysical
Science in the home
Late nights all alone with a test tube
Oh, oh, oh, oh
Maxwell Edison, majoring in medicine
Calls her on the phone
"Can I take you out to the pictures
Joa, oa, oa, oan?"
But as she's getting ready to go
A knock comes on the door
Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer
Came down upon her head
Bang! Bang! Maxwell's silver hammer
Made sure that she was dead

Based Maxwell. Joan never knew what hit her.

>invented doom metal

>invented metal

>wrote songs about a mad man who kills people with a hammer

>invented the gore album cover

Holy fuck. They were based.

Attached: The Beatles- Yesterday & Today (Butcher Version).jpg (1500x1500, 190K)

Based as fuck. I Feel Fine is their best love song.

Attached: apfd4zvesn721.png (720x695, 708K)

The dude kills his crush, kills his teacher the next day at school, and then kills the judge in the courtroom when he's on trial. Maxwell was a madlad.

>stupid songs about love

Well it's easy calling them stupid nowadays but at the time all these stupid love songs were a breeze of fresh hair and nothing were quite like them. The second this song was released: youtube.com/watch?v=x7prHYwxWPY Elvis Prelsey, Chuck Berry and others rock pioneers got outdatet.

Attached: jbs79dgu09321.jpg (620x582, 43K)

Was Maxwell an incel?

And Paul's version was catchier.

Attached: Cannibal_Corpse_-_Tomb_Of_The_Mutilated-LP.jpg (500x500, 349K)

One of the most interesting things about the Beatles is their chemistry. You notice that they had very distinctive personalities when you watch their interviews but when they were on stage the impression you have is that they are only one entity.

He probably could have fucked Rose or Valerie, but he wanted Joan.

In addition to everything already stated as to why you're a retard
>pop=bad
This is the worst and most uninformed argument. Pet sounds, long season, even fucking isn't anything all come from pop and it's subgenres. Pop can be good despite having alot of garbage within it's genre walls. You are a moron.

>pop
Nearly all post-war music is pop music.

Americans care more for celebrities, or the rock-star sensation than Brits, I suppose. That's arguably bullshit.

Youre one of the few patricians left in this shell of a board

Based non-musician

I played in a jazz band in NY for 8 years,but yeah saying love ten million times in a row,playing some indian instrument like twice and beating your girlfriend is the epitome of music

What an idiot, hahaha. You must be so good at music that pretty much the rest of us human can't understand it and that's why it is so unknown.

you're both retarded

>ad populum
>strawman
>ad hominem
This is what you get for interacting with beatletard redditors so I guess I deserve it

Created standards across the board. Innovating songwriting and production. You don't need to like it, you should understand it, and maybe one day respect it.
Knowing Theory makes them even better.

BAsed LARPer

>played in a jazz band in NY for 8 years
>ends up shitposting about the Beatles on Yea Forums

Jesus man you must've really sucked

>beating your girlfriend
How is this relevant when discussing music?

Ringo is actually the best Beatle.

of course people who play jazz don’t like the beatles. retard.

No, but you're a pleb for seeking validation.

Attached: 1557104043706.jpg (300x200, 6K)

>but those who listen to tons of music tend to dislike them

Attached: thanos.gif (517x328, 1.69M)

I think they made boring music

It is if the beatings betray a lack of rhythm

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.

Go to bed Paul

Having an opinion about The Beatles is contrarian no matter what.

Shut up John go back to hell

>sad
!@#$%^&