Describe your local music scene

Describe your local music scene.

Attached: 1485788289109.jpg (753x707, 331K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KAOBJgm393w
youtube.com/watch?v=CmC95cua0s4
youtube.com/watch?v=vvnHNoJoGXI
youtube.com/watch?v=jeLKD9vn9DQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hard mode : in one word
>mediocre

Greetings from Montana
>boomer bar band playing ac/dc, taking care of business, eric clapton, or gnr covers
>country rednecks

Attached: soylent.jpg (1400x788, 120K)

i dont know

I dance in my basement to my Pinkie Pie plushie singing love songs using my TV remote as a microphone till my mom yell at me

The fakest, gayest, most talentless metal that you've ever had the misfortune to hear. I live in Phoenix, AZ.

I wouldn't know. I never leave the house.

no clue anymore, I used to go to a lot of hardcore shows back in the mid 00's, you know the straight edge dudebros in gym shorts moshing like retards etc. now, I have no fucking clue, I don't think we have one. maybe some based goths n shit exist but I'm too pussy to meet anybody.

Attached: bugjar.jpg (1024x480, 78K)

Chicago:
Bleh punk/hardcore scene with latinX influence

Wannabe's replicating post-punk or some form of 90's math rock

Singer-songwriter types that are dime-a-dozen

Between all this there are some legit talents, it's a big city

nonexistent and my towns pretty much only known for a school shooting

it's fine. mostly post-hardcore, pop-punk and soundcloud-rap. but at least it's active, can't ask for much more.

rap mostly

>Go to poetry open-mic
>"here is a rap I wrote"
FUCK YOU WHITE PEOPLE

Attached: I'll just be leaving.gif (500x375, 321K)

San Jose. Sleep, Duster, Smashmouth.

>tfw El Paso
Really, really fucking bad. These people are still constantly listening to EDM and reggaeton. People who think they’re “alternative” listen to cage the elephant and Mac demarco. Fuck this city.

bogotá, Colombia here

they're all """inspired""" by mac demarco and they all sound the same
it's garbage

pretentious too

duluth, mn
>gay tranny indie
>folk bluegrass hipsters
>dad rock cover bands
>wannabe soundcloud rappers

What scene? Everything here is either a tourist trap or a shanty town.

salt lake city

not that bad, mostly indie bands and emo-deprived music

Lived there for a bit.
Was pretty gay ngl but at least the weather was nice sometimes

Nonexistent. Except for like 2 marching bands

there is no local music scene where I live
unless I count the catholic church's band

>rural-ish ireland

>trad bands that are good but you get really tired of it and almost noone does anything different

>people who record videos of them singing and playing piano/guitar either covering some overdone ballad or with their own boring lyrics

>that one guy who thinks theyre gonna be the next big rapper while recording on a laptop mic over type beats

Attached: bruree.jpg (1063x522, 639K)

Valley bands

Mumbai, India.

Lot of Extreme metal, core and Grind/Death bands. Melodic, Doom, Symphonic, Hardcore etc don't survive for long. 7/10 are mediocre circle jerking wannabes and display awful stage performances. Most of the good bands don't survive for long because there's absolutely no money or chances for touring much in the country as 98% of Indian population literally listens to Bollywood, so a lot of talented musicians rely on 9-5 jobs or be full time music teachers. Some of these bands put a lot of efforts and money and do international tours.

There's a surge of hip hop scene rising in the country lately, which is basic ghetto shit. Some of these ghetto artists are signing major deals in Bollywood.

Electronic, Jazz and Blues have fewer audience but they play decent music, nothing over the top.

youtube.com/watch?v=KAOBJgm393w

youtube.com/watch?v=CmC95cua0s4

youtube.com/watch?v=vvnHNoJoGXI

Perth Australia

terrible shite, only bland indie bands or derivative psych rock

Shitty white rap, something that's trying to sound like alternative pop and modern dad rock

Very enjoyable coldwave and black metal though, Poland

>concerts
Two main venues in my city. Screamo took longer to die here but the local bands seem to be of a modern hardcore-punk. The other huge venue favors indie bands.

>"raves"
Trap and electro-house, both of which most locals still call dubstep.

>festivals
Depends on the event you go to. You can expect either indie bands or trippy Shpongle-sounding djs.

>lounge
I don't go to these.

>performing arts
The last events I went to were a suite of Mozart's Magic Flute, a Debussy, and most recently Shen Yun. I don't go to these often because they're expensive.

some retards playing punk and ska

Decent

What's the Perth scene like these days, I moved from there a few years ago but some of my favourite bands were Drowning Horse, Helta Skelta, Kitchen People and Mt. Mountain

I live in rural Ireland (Leitrim/Longford) and it's just shite bands masquerading as this original Irish country scene, even though it's just songs they ripped off from rich successful Americans who could actually write. The next "big star" is usually the older one's child who can't really sing but shoehorns themself into a little lowkey contract or other.

Trad is just pub music really. You'll always have *that* nuisance you see on Facebook belting out some fake deep song with a guitar - I can't watch it without cringing.

Then there's a few local guys who drop thousands on some kind of DJ set and play little venues thinking they're Calvin Harris. They're like 17.

great mix of metal, mainly folk/power unfortunately but a lot of decent black/death/thrash. all the "indie" bands are just 1975/blossoms wank but theres some decent electro-house/jungle

austin texas

absolute irredeemable shit but people will claim otherwise just because we host 2 major live music events a year

"Check out my soundcloud BRUH"

That's every major city in the United States. Whatever prestige of the past was there has been mercilessly raped by foreign investors and Californians with more money than brains.
I want the illusion to wear off so people can find it in their hearts to be creative again. I'm sick of this shit.

be the bands you want to see

Purely cumbia and trap

Fuck I completely forgot about the thousands of DJ Finchys and knackers "MC"ing

Attached: 1544982160508.jpg (550x550, 28K)

>Indie kids who like brockhampton, tyler the creator, billie eillish and tame impala

>Basic White kids who like hip hop and nothing else

someone fucking kill me

wannabe rappers, trannies, boring hardcore and pop punk. and 60 year olds who play in cover bands on weeknights

Indie scene started morphing into Art School Punk that all sounds like Wavves. These kids put on the most shows and have a network of house shows.

Hardcore, predominately either early 2000s Beatdown or Death Metal/Nu Metal crossover, is alive and well. Bemoaned by the Metal scene in town as they try to jump on Metal shows and get venues shut down.

Great Metal scene. Black, Death, and Grind. There's also a rather large Harsh Noise/Power Electronics scene inside of the Metal scene. Makes for some really bizarre shows, but cool none the less.

Hip Hop is either 35 year olds trying to sound like A Tribe Called Quest or the usual street wear savvy Suburban kid who makes backpack rap.

fantastic. can't wait to see what comes out of sLUms and standing on the corner

Small mountain town in CA
Just watered down country mostly and of course dads making people listen to their dogshite buttrock

either
1. boomers pretending to be bruce springstein
2. garbage indie/emo/folk/'punk'

recently a movie about rapping was released now suddenly everywhere underground rap is booming and every funking one wants to be a rapper

Fucking based

We have a white rap group. One of their songs became a meme there.

I think my friend also "started" a band. He listens to Slipknot, Static-X and all that so I dont think that's going anywhere.

Attached: toad-irl-zbrush-colour.jpg (800x533, 36K)

>when you're missing out on everything

Rural western europe
>boomer rock cover bands
>pubebeard teenage metal bands
>"bedroom avant garde artists" that work minimum wage
>disproportionate amount of folk groups
>every restaurant has a "live music" night which is always an 18-22 year old singing soft pop songs with accoustic guitar

I wanna leave so fucking bad.

>Detroit
Maybe I’m just going to the wrong clubs/raves but people in general don’t seem to dance to anything that isn’t stale Claude Vonstroke style tech house or riddim dubstep which is basically moshing for kids too pussy for hardcore shows. Techno/electro just gets weird looks and empty dance floors.

House music is Detroit's brand. It's known all over the world for it's cool, offbeat sound. Wanting to hear techno in Detroit is like badmouthing Johnny Cash in Nashville. Maybe you should move to Miami or something like that.

Attached: med_1440871995_image.jpg (640x480, 86K)

Same

I live in Los Angeles, very close to Echo Park/Sunset Blvd.

Everything is happening and it's fucking disgusting.

Also, you need one of these guys if you want to get anywhere.

Attached: 1552939506922.jpg (600x327, 16K)

>these guys
Where are you going with this elon?

>tfw you are a major influence in your local music scene
feels so good :)

This but unironically, no idea what goes on outside my parents house

Tampa/St. Pete:
shitty hardcore, decent harsh noise, lots of boomer rock and college kids making trite "Salad Days" ripoff bands

Anyone from Denver? I’m moving there in a month to pursue music. I figure since it’s a big city something will be going on, but I can’t help but worry that I’ll get there and it’ll be a whole lot of nothing.

Denton, TX. We have a reputation for good music but I don't know any good local bands. Lots of limp wristed indie rock and emo/pop punk.

SLC is underrated I miss that city

On one hand
>Edgy and progressive teenagers with their parents money
On the other
>Old hags with shit tier metal
In other words: It sucks, like a lot
Please anons, take me from this shithole

victoria, australia

Rock is either brit pop, psych rock, or grunge, and they all only differ vaguely. Fuck tons of jazz. All of the punk bands played by adults are hardcore-ish whereas all the teen bands are pop punk. Every venue is pretentious, every band is sung by the gayest looking people ever, and every stoner brings in police cars outside venues. at every show.

shitty bands, great techno/jungle parties, lots of clubs controlled by biker gangs, the occasional gr8 hardcore punk concert at a basement venue near to the university
can anyone guess where im from?

stoner

William Austin Clay is the best songwriter under 25 in the world right now

Mexican here
Can relate to this
Hope this "edgelord indie" trend dies soon

hotel books and a metric ton of mexican regional music...

Attached: BeImKaw.png (320x287, 104K)

I checked him out and was very displeased when he started rapping and I got ear raped by some obnoxious beat. Unimpressed, rapping doesnt songwriting btw.

>>tfw El Paso
I feel ya nigga. This place fucking sucks. You go outside and the streets are fucking empty and theres nothing to do despite their being like 800k people living here. Lowbrow is kinda fun, basement shows are where the real scum is.

>soundcloud rappers
>a lot a lot of soundcloud rappers

>Houston tx
Shit music

I Miss San Francisco

You must not go out a lot. Every other person is trying to be a dubstep Dj and lots of white dudes rapping. Small metal scene, lots of boomers with guitars in redneck bars

Went to school there. Charlie Parr is the shit

How do you get involved in your local scene? And how do you learn more about it?

Go to small venues (

Knoxville, TN
>A bunch of Metalcore/Djent bands
>A great funk/rock indie band
>Pop Country Singers (who don’t write songs)

This sounds great. Where is this?

Very mediocre bands that play at a shitty “music” and “art” event every first Friday of the month.

There is none

Atlanta, GA
A lot of kids playing deathcore, a couple of good death metal bands, a couple of black metal bands
Lot's of rap. Some good/some bad.
Awesome bands playing at a blues bar. Really good shit.

lived in several mid sized cities in germoney.

>the 2 first categories you mentioned, especially the first one, insane amounts, but actually skilled boomers sometimes even impressive
>bedroom EDM producers aka "DJs" "mixing" straight from iTunes at highschool parties, elevator jazz/house tier
>cajon-guitar-melodica hippie trios in every public park
>rich people [rap/slam] about muh feelings mixed with pop, cant really explain, it's a german thing
>actually decent world/ethno scene with interesting performers from around the world
soundcloud chillpop/beats to study producers
>artists collectives getting high and playing qwop with synths, sounds like random shit

wasnt that bad overall, also a lot of experimental shit.

Sound cloud (im from south Florida). My ears need a break m8s

You’re confusing Detroit and Chicago my dude

I live in a cheap resort town so it's all covers of jimmy buffet and bob marley

Let's blow up the scene dude im going in from an analog synth and cool mouth noises DIY angle

>zydeco
>the cupid shuffle
>injuns beating on drums festival
Fuck Acadiana

Detroit

>Montevideo, Uruwhy
Same old local rock/ska bands we've been listening since the 90'. A bunch of trap and reggaeton. Oldies.

nu-males crying over females with the most cringiest lyrics ever written over the most overused drum pattern that ruined the entire industry.

oversaturated

las vegas, obviously a lot of garbage rap and wannabe DJs due to EDC being here every year, but it does have a pretty sick grassroots hardcore scene here. shows almost every week and half the bands arent that bad.

AIDS

Attached: 1543416454112s.jpg (250x250, 6K)

>Mac Demarco wannabes with money/contacts that irremediably get cancelled after they get called out on being abusive sociopaths
>Nationalist boomers making the most generic, rockist music possible
>Zoomers making trap pretending to be gangsta garnering millions of views/plays (more than dinosaur dadrock "legends")

Oh, I forgot the reactionary metalheads with farmer life delusions
Im from Buenos Aires btw

there's a good hardcore punk and psyche scene too dude, it's just very very small

i just moved to mexico city and i'm seeing a lot of 70s psyche

Philly is
nu punk
or
shitty party rap (literally raps about partying)
or
some ""indie rock""

dad garage bands and crust punk

Ez, there's none.

I live in cdmx too, there's a scene for everything you might want to listen, but some of them are not as hip/cool as others. 70s psyche is hot right now among rich kids that got mindfucked by Tame Impala and King wizard and daddy bought them vintage amps and instruments.

Philly is one of the best spots for in the world

[spoiler]jazz[/spoiler]

Staind, and rappers that try way too hard to sound like 2000s NYC

is there a post-punk/noise scene?
where could i go to see some? :3

Isn't this in Rochester? Pretty sure I've seen this place a few times on my way to work.

yes it is. i'm not native to rochester but this was the place where you could def find like minded people on music. even chris ott mentioned this place for a sec. not sure what it's like now because I haven't gone out in over ten years

you and me hang out at different spots then :^)

TN
talentless rappers
boomer bar rock bands
art student garage rock bands

Drill and rap

I used to gig with some noise bands around 2003, but I lost contact.
Multiforo Alicia and foro Hilvana are places where the underground concurrs. They usually have a diverse schedule throughout the month. You can check it on Facebook and check the bands out individually. If you find one close to what you want to listen, you're in the scene. Usually there are probably other 5 or 6 other like-minded bands in the city and they usually know each other. That's also the gateway to meet similar bands from all over the country and international. During the time I was close to that scene, we all gathered to see the Cap Bambino, Atari Teenage Riot and Melt Banana shows.

It fucking sucks. This is one of the bands. Please help.

Attached: 6141510D-BAFF-46DE-9AB1-E9854F3CE364.jpg (1062x720, 200K)

grime

I replied to myself and I'll do it again

Isn't that the autistic mutt r*dd*t fags were jizzing themselves over a while back? In the upper right corner

yeah. The show he’s in sucks

All the people capable and into metal, let alone prog metal, are in my band.

Nonexistent

Attached: IMG_0454.jpg (1242x848, 174K)

no idea what it's like now, but two things to describe my town would be melodic death metal and pandapop

this is pretty bad but hey, gaten is the BEST in stranger things. not gonna lie here.

Money.

Trap, hardstyle, boring house.

Gave the world The Horrors, These New Puritans and Paul Webb (formerly of Talk Talk, now recording as Rustin Man)

It seems like Mexico is where rock n roll is still thriving in the underground, I bet you we see them kick off the next rock n roll revival

lots of scenes if you know where to go when. my friends do a lot of the electronic stuff but thats more DnB and riddim and garbage. other old friends from school run the rock shit, mostly jam band and shoegaze type stuff.

>Guadalajara, Mexico
Lots and lots of shitty lo-fi guitar folk and synthfunk a la california, techno and underground electronic are kind of interesting. It's sad because there used to be some genuine interesting acts around but they all went to Mexico City.

true for mexico city
youtube.com/watch?v=jeLKD9vn9DQ

Good stuff man. Do you know anyway I could keep up with the scene? Labels or blogs or something.