The piano simply will never be topped. nothing else has ever come close...

the piano simply will never be topped. nothing else has ever come close. even the pipe organ in all its grand holiness cannot match the sound of this masterpiece in musical craftsmanship. no other instrument can compare to the depth, the versatility, the power. to put other instruments in the same category is an insult, a mockery even. unparalleled.

Attached: yamaha-c3-grand-piano-1.jpg (785x794, 102K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-1PSalLKmD0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

ok

the computer can make the sounds of every existing instrument and then some, beats the piano hands down

good luck trying to create truly spontaneous melodies with those fingering inconsistencies lol

Attached: charlie parker1.jpg (724x966, 151K)

>thinking a mock emitter from a speaker can ever match the sound of the real thing
*pulls the speaker plug rendering your monstrosity silent* begone pleb you aren't allowed here

youtube.com/watch?v=-1PSalLKmD0

> the piano simply will never be topped. nothing else has ever come close. even the pipe organ in all its grand holiness cannot match the sound of this masterpiece in musical craftsmanship. no other instrument can compare to the depth, the versatility, the power and blaaahh, blaaah, blaaaaaahhhh

Uhhh, ever heard of the DOUBLE GUITAR, nerd???

Attached: double fuck.jpg (1100x550, 63K)

you are like a little baby

Attached: ac1f36bc7c77aea686b80fa97316e041.jpg (699x1024, 95K)

Fork F# feels good.

nah just use the standard f# in all cases for extra consistency
(i don't play the sax don't take me seriously)

needs pickup variation and a bass

Nice digits, but mine were nicer ;)
I haven't played saxophone since high school (~15 years ago). I might pick up the flute for fun.

ive never had a sax but i can fuck around in C major with my knowledge from the clarinet
flutes are rad
they seems harder than sax though

FUCK...

>Woodwind instruments
>not having fingering issues much worse than the piano
Don't comment unless you know what you're talking about

>Can only play 1 neck at a time
don't make me laugh

I do know what I'm talking about
woodwind fingering is a piece of cake compared to the piano
for the most part there's one fingering per note, and whenever there's an alternate fingering it's obvious when to use it
with the piano you have to be thinking ten steps ahead to make sure
1) that you don't use your thumb on a black key
2) that your thumb doesn't cross under the pinky
3) that the intervals being played between the 2nd and 3rd, 3rd and 4th, and 4th and 5th fingers (right hand) aren't too wide

ive transcribed a decent part of coltrane's solo on giant steps for the right hand on pianoand the clarinet
the clarinet fingerings were by far easier to figure out

Technically speaking you can play both if you play them like a chapman stick.

for example, say youre improvising a melody (for the sake of demonstrating just how fast fingerings can be figured out on woodwinds), and you play C D E G over a C maj, maybe a little bland, but which fingers would you use?
1 2 3 5, probably
let's say after this you have four eighth notes of the C maj left, and the sound of a B comes to you, which finger do you use?
5? and jump a maj 3rd with your pinky? no
you have to think ahead, play play C D E G like 1 2 1 3 to make sure you can get to the B,
whereas, on a woodwind, you press the buttons that make a B, and blow, simple

check out stanley jordan

If I wanted to play a monophonic instrument I'd play a synth. At least that's relevant and still cool today.

yeah that's fine and cool
but it's a godamn lot harder most woodwinds or brass in my opinion
to me the only reason to play a keyboard instrument is if you dont care about improvising (which is fine), or if you are singing solo and need chords for your voice