AOTY Thread

rate, hate, recc, etc.

Attached: topsters2 (1).jpg (2944x1155, 265K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sadnessmusic.bandcamp.com/album/i-want-to-be-there
slugabed.bandcamp.com/album/any-attempt-to-control-the-environment-or-the-self-by-means-that-are-either-untested-or-untestable-such-as-charms-or-spells
chrisconde.bandcamp.com/album/growing-up-gay
truthclub.bandcamp.com/album/not-an-exit
scraaatch202.bandcamp.com/album/teardrops
clubnight.bandcamp.com/album/what-life
youtube.com/watch?v=Fn2SweuHFvc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: dorkcore.jpg (1200x1200, 153K)

is this just a meme or not?

no its pretty dorky

Wow op, pretty shit chart except for tim hecker. Pic related is my pick

Attached: image.jpg (320x320, 64K)

this one was pretty good, I need to come back to it again. I think it might've been a little too understated for me, but I like that almost-neofolk type sound she went for on some of it.

love music

Attached: topsters2.png (2164x644, 372K)

>2 caretaker albums

Attached: aaae.jpg (745x655, 103K)

This year is aleady better than 2018, two masterpieces this time instead of one.

Attached: topsters2 - 2019-05-28T235845.963.png (2357x1102, 823K)

sound collage album seems cool
is UFOF worth the hype for someone who typically dislikes that kind of indie? also nice to see Agora getting some love

what makes you like that MONO album so much? I started listening to it a while back but never finished it, it seemed very bland/cliche

Cate le Bon

Attached: 310643AE-1456-4C54-9A70-D15FFAB76A83.jpg (1200x1200, 392K)

unironically aoty, but there are meme tracks on it, ifhmftdumlfte is SOTY

here are some of my favorite records, but nothing above an 8/10 so far

Attached: topsters2.jpg (1811x374, 53K)

sounds like standard bandcamp indie fanfare to me, user

my favorites so far, in no particular order

Attached: topsters2.jpg (1457x913, 147K)

what's that merzbow release like?

even if it does sound like that, half of it is the experience that came w/ the album leading up to that song. the album itself is sorta meant to be an experience, albeit there are songs you can listen to on their own i.e ifhmftdumlfte, kevin's bike got destroyed, or even good family values. the closer is top shit, and there's a lot of shit on there that hits right.

seems more influenced by nature/animal sounds, in a sort of bird series/hyakki echo sense, but harsh unlike the latter, and less percussion unlike the former, and more psychologically oriented as opposed to the sort of environmental feel hyakki echo or most of the bird series gives off
I found it comfy with a lot of variance and experimentation throughout the album
perhaps it's just my current circumstances that lead me to enjoying it a lot though, I have no production background and can't really offer any proper noise criticism

Best pick ITT so far

Attached: 051F68BE-B4E1-4621-8083-8EF6CE408C99.jpg (1200x1200, 87K)

fair enough, when I have a bunch of free time I'll check it out
will definitely check it out, radical

Attached: topsters2.png (2073x1400, 133K)

desu only reason i included the Wand album is cause Wonder is my favorite song so far this year.

Love all the Xiu Xiu in here

And The Comet is Coming

Attached: topsters2 (2).png (1835x913, 287K)

nah not really, it's pretty good but if you don't dig indie folk its not for you. worth peeping at least a song or two tho
it was a bit cliche i agree, but im a sucker for the stuff it goes for and i liked the textures.
me too

overrated

>is UFOF worth the hype for someone who typically dislikes that kind of indie? also nice to see Agora getting some love

its really good, but probably not.

good album. i really liked the song Magnificent Gestures.

this is literally the best roadtrip album of all time no dispute

Attached: 2019 AOTY.jpg (2805x1183, 336K)

why is everyone ignoring this

Attached: ED33CD25-B708-4F56-A2A1-411DAE3E347D.jpg (1200x1200, 534K)

Still have a lot to listen to, right now these are my favorites

Attached: topsters2.png (1513x913, 130K)

seems pretty bluepilled to me

kinda slow year

Attached: topsters2 (2).png (2269x1400, 652K)

bluepilled

Unironically, yes. Listened to it today and when it gets abridged, shit will get way more listens.

Attached: 36dc024c58fdd85bd1c66587adaee70127a1766b_full.jpg (184x184, 15K)

Attached: topsters2.jpg (2248x644, 160K)

nice taste, highly recommend my aoty :)

Attached: topsters2(224).png (2738x913, 443K)

Attached: 2019.png (2317x2191, 3.58M)

I am also very very impressed with this year so far

Attached: 2019 aotysf 528.jpg (2458x644, 177K)

Attached: AOTYSF2019.png (1452x374, 138K)

bump

pic related are the ones I go back to the most so far.
Remember AOTY-thread etiquette, faggots. Try to listen to at least one album from each persons chart that you haven't heard before.
I would like some recommendations for good shoegaze / dream pop records from this year. The new Be Forest album was alright but it didn't quite stick with me.

also glad that this thread survived because I was initially going to post this like 14 hours ago but 90% of the boards died.

Only thing I can think to recommend is sadnessmusic.bandcamp.com/album/i-want-to-be-there
Definitely checking out a lot of the stuff on your chart because it looks really fucking cool.
amazing
Cool to see Billy Woods and Impossible Nothing. You ought to listen to Slugabeds new project. It's a great fusion of electronic and hip hop and such slugabed.bandcamp.com/album/any-attempt-to-control-the-environment-or-the-self-by-means-that-are-either-untested-or-untestable-such-as-charms-or-spells
Also rad fucking album covers there.
If you want more experimental hip hop chrisconde.bandcamp.com/album/growing-up-gay
Still need to get around to listening to the new AnFootball
Easy on the eyes. Checked out that Kelsey Lu album and it was great.This is my favorite mainly rock album of the year so far, if you're interested truthclub.bandcamp.com/album/not-an-exit . I think you'd find something to like about it
Pretty good. This is a good electronic EP: scraaatch202.bandcamp.com/album/teardrops
listen to more music, user clubnight.bandcamp.com/album/what-life
youtube.com/watch?v=Fn2SweuHFvc

Attached: topsters2 (1).png (2040x658, 546K)

I have not gotten around to listening to that new Matmos project. I really enjoyed their last album.

alot of unknown stuff to me, cheers

interesting, will have to check these out, would love some titles though

Attached: topsters2 (1).jpg (1919x1400, 106K)

Oh, yeah I took them out because it makes the thing easier to look it. The titles are below.

s.al - I Steel Of Radiance, I Feel So Action (abstract hip hop)
slugabed - any attempt to control the environment or the self by means that are either untested or untestable, such as charms or spells (experimental electronic)
Kyle Bobby Dunn - From Here to Eternity (ambient)
Suspicion - The Neodisassociationist (acid techno)
Truth Club - Not An Exit (indie rock)
Tha Impaila - IMP (horrorcore rap)
Kevin and the Bikes - Dorkcore 101 (memecore)
Peter Mulvey - There Is Another World (old man folk)
Slauson Malone - A Quiet Farewell, 2016-2018 (sound collage / experimental hip hop)
Fews - Into Red (alt rock)
burnt feathers - i am a terrified child and i will die if nobody tells me what i'm supposed to do (noise)
Thomas Ragsdale - Honley Civic Archives Volume 2 (ambient / drone)
Clever Austin - Pareidolia (experimental electronic)
Van Common- Time is a Dream EP (alt dream pop)

Looking at your chart, you'd probably also like Kelsey Lu - Blood. Another user posted it here earlier and I listened to it while the board was down. Really beautiful alt pop / R&B album.

What would a playlist curated by Yea Forums look like?

Shit, I know but looking for recs.

Attached: topsters2.png (1183x1183, 427K)

wong thread playa

Attached: 1558470022078.jpg (470x470, 31K)

Been a pretty decent year for music so far

Attached: 2019 Standout Records (jan-may).jpg (5200x2300, 3.64M)

Clairo - Pretty Girl

bump