/classical/

St. Matthew Pssion Edition

youtube.com/watch?v=lar4DWUmY9k

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #2. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #3. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #5. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #6. Deutsche Grammophon stuff. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy Folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Jewish Folder
mega.nz/#F!lk0lGSTQ!SAIvBwgyVF1EGEMUjranEw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Book Folder #1. Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw
>Book Folder #2. Comprehensive list of the most important harpsichord and piano pieces through history
mega.nz/#F!1xJgVSLA!i2eLakjehx5DY8qYUzS0Zg

>Classical music recommendations
classicalmusiconly.com/

Attached: MI0001103285.jpg (1080x1081, 188K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9n7cOGQZ0Ms
youtube.com/watch?v=b87iAvaoWzw
youtube.com/channel/UCZmPxGnYwbE-mrhuI0UivHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=94doYvHURG8
youtube.com/watch?v=XBrPB5z3FLE
youtube.com/watch?v=Id971YS7_V8
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ia6b21sl-o
youtube.com/watch?v=16Gx-XYfa0M
youtube.com/watch?v=MLShMR9ssKg
youtu.be/cBjjfUexPCA
youtube.com/watch?v=uPt-uZC8uDQ
youtube.com/watch?v=t-XbUHvy8ec
open.spotify.com/track/3McWLV3MgSo1Eky6u3GvsY?si=CO2Fu27CT4SrxPe5x36P3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=741EjasIgtg
youtube.com/watch?v=wuOWoOyeuWU
youtube.com/watch?v=m129k5YcQnU
youtube.com/watch?v=2MmFShRL9ls
youtube.com/watch?v=MKSepgvTxfM
open.spotify.com/track/1XjDbqY3qxHKlTwMRSj7SB?si=OgFUSm3WSt2Q4ReSy8qDAw
youtube.com/watch?v=Mia9woisQZo
youtube.com/watch?v=zA16wSjIVx4
youtube.com/watch?v=38TS7EOGo9A&t=1124s
youtube.com/watch?v=F_ngeqhRKfI
open.spotify.com/track/2bSzySlBmb4IGLgT82JEGr?si=qOL4iPpIQ1uFdOWcsl37Vg
youtube.com/watch?v=lI0jSQCGUrY#t=7m
youtube.com/watch?v=D5FtNJ669w8
youtu.be/YbYnLEDm3M0#t=51m
youtube.com/watch?v=yifica2mMho
youtu.be/w-jOmY73sRQ#39m51s
youtu.be/93xWrEMlmps#t=29m27s
youtube.com/watch?v=98UjjwzJBFE
youtu.be/RydMnTCwJvQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sIIS-UgixGE
youtu.be/aHKjIiI2W40
youtube.com/watch?v=RBXPSMyxp_M
youtube.com/watch?v=f4KJtiVfBO4
youtube.com/watch?v=A9Xsi_0ZMPE
youtube.com/watch?v=gWZnC-Hb9vU
youtube.com/watch?v=wXmL55DwuaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0HdOQzTF4jQ
youtube.com/watch?v=LDOTuewOfHk
youtube.com/watch?v=7harFCylWNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=zRGR9VI85x4
youtube.com/watch?v=DrhsSYhuoUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=WSWNsN9kFFY
youtu.be/fig--FwnUJc?t=516
youtube.com/watch?v=-j4GkleqaSQ
youtu.be/uGQq3HcOB0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=YfprcvuHoG8
youtu.be/H-Dz_IjpUPM
youtube.com/watch?v=-WBfwI4Gm6I
youtube.com/watch?v=7v8zxoEoA_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=qpDc07SNhhI
youtube.com/watch?v=EENw_ptgGcg
youtube.com/watch?v=W72pJ7Cn_WI
youtube.com/watch?v=DFbRCiChA1g
youtube.com/watch?v=p9Aq2WWds8k
youtube.com/watch?v=vEJQLy0imMo
youtu.be/u8dWoxcpCpg
youtube.com/watch?v=qDTwju2eHpI
youtube.com/watch?v=rD6vMH-bpC0
youtube.com/watch?v=6o5r5G1ScEc
youtube.com/watch?v=ewGZN6oOYas
youtube.com/watch?v=Ki_spDEpI94
youtube.com/watch?v=i1gtRikN-PU
open.spotify.com/track/6qIsjmAJHgPoCn9rskT4tH?si=tU_20_XhRCWtDjNrDM4imQ
youtube.com/watch?v=vItciC1Lopo
soundcloud.com/alexanderchang2906/outer-sounds-its-fun-to-zipline
youtube.com/watch?v=cQCQRLA05AA&list=LLrDcXGgn56EclaRSw-nDN6g&index=5&t=0s
youtu.be/dAwEas-b46o
youtube.com/watch?v=yaaRk0c-780
youtube.com/watch?v=_FTb-Qq4aRM
youtube.com/watch?v=h94BdxnheeM
youtu.be/ywejv4rxGqw
youtube.com/watch?v=p0zlpb6coBY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: ee4d156cad56481abffff9e56834d0c5_634934524431888652.jpg (350x350, 23K)

You guys know your shit so I ask you:
Give me some gregorian chants.
Kudos on the packs organization, btw.

Join me anons to search European libraries for lost Petzold works

Attached: l23omeusnpx21.jpg (960x650, 76K)

LVLL
youtube.com/watch?v=9n7cOGQZ0Ms

Hey, thanks for sharing my video! :)

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=b87iAvaoWzw

pet
zold

HIPfags BTFOd

damn. this guy is really angry at modern opera singers...
youtube.com/channel/UCZmPxGnYwbE-mrhuI0UivHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=94doYvHURG8
youtube.com/watch?v=XBrPB5z3FLE
youtube.com/watch?v=Id971YS7_V8
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ia6b21sl-o
youtube.com/watch?v=16Gx-XYfa0M

Dittersdorf

youtube.com/watch?v=MLShMR9ssKg

What piece of classical would you classify as cute?

danse bohemienne debussy

Best recording of The Rite of Spring? I'm only familiar with Boulez's.

Attached: IMG_20190331_215835.jpg (494x628, 50K)

monteux

Schoenberg's Pierrot Lunaire.

This recording's cool

Attached: 6135SOG3EsL._SX355_.jpg (355x305, 50K)

I don't use that word

Schoenberg's Pierrot Lunaire and Herzgewächse. Debussy's Children's Corner, Deux Arabesques and Estampes.

How's this for a "Mozart Essential" list?
Violin concertos no 4 and 5
Piano sonatas 6-18
Symphonies 25-41
Serenades 10-13
Divertimenti for six winds
Adagio and Fugue in C minor
Sinfonia concertante K. 364
Piano concertos 9-27
Horn concertos
Clarinet concerto in A major
Clarinet quintet in A major
Sonatas for piano and violin
String quartets 14-23
String quintets
Idomoneo
Die Entführung aus dem Serail
Le Nozze di Figaro
Don Giovanni
Così Fan Tutte
Dia Zauberflöte
Great Mass in C minor
Requiem in D minor

Attached: Mozart_by_Christian_Ludwig_Vogel.png (463x600, 426K)

fantasy k 608

Thats a cringe list
The haydn quartets and the late symphonies(38-41) its all you need

Cringe.
Mozart is underrated confirmed.

youtu.be/cBjjfUexPCA

Attached: 1501722532_ef3e4eb971beef57876a8da20a30973dae409e1c_hq.gif (500x281, 272K)

That's a cringe list

Wagner

youtube.com/watch?v=uPt-uZC8uDQ

Based poster from /pol/ classical thread a couple of days ago

I'm going through my Wagner folder, listening to Karl Böhm's 1967 Götterdämmerung at the moment.

What about Stravinsky's

Thanks for the mega lists bro, I'll check some of these out.

I have quite a big collection, wonder if anyone would be interested? Pic related is a cropped list of Wanger recordings, in FLAC or high bitrate mp3.

I mosty listen to the big four: Bach, Beethoven, Mozart and Wagner.

Attached: wagnerfolder.png (1044x846, 92K)

Good list, very comprehensive. I think you could narrow it down and name specific recordings.

Mahler folder. Kubelik and Zander are based. I don't really like Bernstein.

Attached: mahler.png (874x707, 76K)

Never listened to much classical, can someone give me some recs for some classical piano? I really like clair de lune and some chilly gonzales stuff like this

youtube.com/watch?v=t-XbUHvy8ec

I like how there are parts of the song that border on being too sentimental for my taste only to subtle move in a different direction. Like at the 10 second mark it changes from sounding like its going to be too sentimental. I'm looking for stuff to listen to when I'm stoned too

>Piano sonatas 6-18

Monteverdi

open.spotify.com/track/3McWLV3MgSo1Eky6u3GvsY?si=CO2Fu27CT4SrxPe5x36P3Q

Attached: 1496910594_топич.gif (500x281, 961K)

I'm surprised I've never listened to that one. Thanks.
Thanks.

Aesthetic oldman

Attached: daddy.jpg (1128x1473, 370K)

Mozart - Fur Elise
Bach - The planets
Beethoven - Four seasons
Wagner - Dark side of the moon

Has anyone else completely given up on contemporary music after getting into classical? I can't bring myself to listen to modern stuff anymore but I'm too attached to my 200 GBs of pirated files to delete it all.

Attached: 1510307766246.jpg (492x663, 146K)

I listen to it much less than art music but when I want to just lay back and listen to stuff more "superficially" I can listen to it just fine

Dumb pitoufag

Attached: ep131_24.png (1920x1080, 2.08M)

>mfw deleting 30 GBs of hip hop

Attached: thigg.png (768x768, 195K)

Listenin 2 this

Attached: front.jpg (946x934, 229K)

recommend me some chopin that is FUN and not slow

t. brainlet

youtube.com/watch?v=741EjasIgtg

based. Just finished Rheingold. Walküre next.

Would love you to share it

Bassed

Too much clutter, total neglect of singular masterpieces like the k 498 and k 563 trios as well as the piano quartets.

Also, the final four string quartets > the haydn quartets, especially the final movements and dances become so much stronger in late Mozart

Could you guys recommend me some compositions with glockenspiels?

Attached: IMG_20190408_134648.jpg (2048x2048, 442K)

Only soibois use that word for other things that aren't girls

Only soibois call girls cute, real men classify women based on fertility

Really? I had no idea. Thanks, adding it

Attached: nns.png (1299x192, 19K)

youtube.com/watch?v=wuOWoOyeuWU
youtube.com/watch?v=m129k5YcQnU
youtube.com/watch?v=2MmFShRL9ls

Uploading now, it's 43 GB of Wagner so it might take a while.

Creepy atheist music man

See the light and come to Christ
youtube.com/watch?v=MKSepgvTxfM

Are there glockenspiels in that or are you just a tard? Did you miss the religious drama written by a devout christian?

Bach

open.spotify.com/track/1XjDbqY3qxHKlTwMRSj7SB?si=OgFUSm3WSt2Q4ReSy8qDAw

Madman ""musicologist"'' added a fucking fortepiano for WTC 2 with the Harpsichord/Clavichord/Organ

Attached: IMG_20190528_173846.png (480x481, 479K)

> Did you miss the religious drama written by a devout christian?
What are you talking about? If you're a troll, I have no time for you

post schedule

Glenn Gould's WTC for piano is still the best recording I've found.

>Levin

Jews don't get Bach. Jews are defined by their rejection of Christ.

Based

youtube.com/watch?v=Mia9woisQZo

There used to be an Austrian user posting on Yea Forums in about 2010 sharing the most based recordings

Harnoncourt's Bach and Mozart
Fricsay's Beethoven
Bartok's String Quartets
Gulda's Mozart

Godspeed to this user, I owe him a lot, now is my time to pass the torch and educate the newfags. His favourites were Mozart -> Bach -> Beethoven

youtube.com/watch?v=zA16wSjIVx4
this

Bach, the greatest
youtube.com/watch?v=38TS7EOGo9A&t=1124s

Haydn

youtube.com/watch?v=F_ngeqhRKfI

Bach/Levin

open.spotify.com/track/2bSzySlBmb4IGLgT82JEGr?si=qOL4iPpIQ1uFdOWcsl37Vg

He really shines on the Clavichord, he should have stick to the Clavichord for his recording

Attached: 1555098923396.jpg (2048x1366, 970K)

Going beyond entry level, Beethoven considered Missa Solmnis his best work. One of his most overlooked masterpieces.

youtube.com/watch?v=lI0jSQCGUrY#t=7m

You're welcome, I'm too busy to share much these days. But I'll deliver hot takes and old meme recordings if needed

Gotta test you bro, what do you think of Karajan?

Usually bad in stuff that requires rhythmic intuition beyond what is notated, generally everything before 1900; often good in stuff that is modern and toroughly notated and more about lush, hazy, textures like Sibelius, Honegger, Strauss, and, surprisingly, even Schoenberg (Op. 31)

The sound quality on Zander's Mahler sounds quite opaque to my ears, which is surprising since isn't Telarc supposed to be known for their good sound quality?

You must've not looked very hard, then.

Pass. Good to see you here man, one of my favourite meme recordings that really got me into Mozart
youtube.com/watch?v=D5FtNJ669w8

I enjoy his commentary pieces that accompany the main disc.

>Molto moderato

Attached: tintin_face.png (238x362, 86K)

Yeah, they're usually at least a little interesting. My only problem is like most conductors he tends to ignore or downplay 19th century styles of string playing. The only modern conductor that I've heard give it its proper dues is Chailly, and even then he goes, "Yeah, well, Mahler should be played like this, but it's a bit tasteless so..." Norrington weirdly enough acknowledges part of it (the comparatively less vibrato) while ignoring the other part (the portamento)

Still the best fugal middle couplet in a piano concerto finale rondo. The transition is dynamic, the combination of the refrain and transitional motifs satisfying, and the transition from fugal back to concertante texture is handled equally brilliantly.

youtu.be/YbYnLEDm3M0#t=51m

Sweelinck

youtube.com/watch?v=yifica2mMho

Slightly worse: youtu.be/w-jOmY73sRQ#39m51s

Fugue for the sake of it: youtu.be/93xWrEMlmps#t=29m27s

What's the Iron Maiden of classical

Corelli

Not even kidding

The sweet Mozart pill, I have not heard these recordings before. Thank you

A classic recording I try to listen to every Christmas - now available on YouTube!
youtube.com/watch?v=98UjjwzJBFE

Basically, most of Corelli boils down to parallel thirds with a really nice, active bassline

Just think of the intro as doing the same job IM intros do and wait for the fast part: youtu.be/RydMnTCwJvQ

Other than the 4th I find myself not attracted too much to Beethoven's PC, but the 3rd in particular is really bad

I learned German just for this
youtube.com/watch?v=sIIS-UgixGE

This is now a Eugene Levinson thread

youtu.be/aHKjIiI2W40

I already knew that Bartok but I haven't listened to the other one. Thank you.

where the glockenspiels at bro

Tod den Juden

>not tubular bells
pleb/10

I just really like the sound of glockenspiels.

Have any of you ever had official recordings released of you playing your instrument (solo or not)?

Viotti

youtube.com/watch?v=RBXPSMyxp_M

it never was 'released', but the closest i got was my french horn recital was in a big church and my teacher had a good recording set up

Is it on youtube at least or something

A serious question for you patrician anons. Ligeti and Penderecki were alive to witness the usage of their pieces in Kubrick's meme films 2001 and The Shining. What did they, personally, make of this? Support/participate/hate it/indifferent but "sure, I'll collect the royalty checks anyway"? No, I'm not asking google, I'm asking you. Also the same question for Khachaturian, to a much lesser extent.

nope

Patrician for the approach, but meh for the choice. Beethoven couldn't write for the voice, and the work is almost too dense, which in the end makes it not as interesting as his more intimate compositions. By the way, Missa solemnis would be better if it weren't so bombastic: sacred music in general benefits from intimacy, and Bach knew it. Beethoven has nothing on B minor Mass or Matthäus-Passion and the cantatas. You'll come around though - when I first went through Beethoven's oeuvre, I loved the Missa, but now I consider it almost caricatural. Some of the quartets and sonatas are more sacred than the mass.

Plenty of Bach can be quite cute
youtube.com/watch?v=f4KJtiVfBO4

Although its a sleek, elegant and charming kind of 'cute'

Attached: 1365674073193.jpg (312x312, 55K)

youtube.com/watch?v=A9Xsi_0ZMPE

They were probably slightly pissed, considering Kubrik didn't ask their permission, nor pay them any royalties.

Only "slightly" pissed because as successful and highly respected composers, shitty hollywood films don't really register for them.

bad opinion

>Only "slightly" pissed because as successful and highly respected composers, shitty hollywood films don't really register for them.
yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep yep

Attached: 1368618223276.jpg (256x320, 39K)

How can a correct opinion be bad

user you okay?

Is there any recording of Mozart's "incomplete" C minor mass like there is for his Requiem (Spering's)? It seems like every recording is of some completion by someone

when it is ajar

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=gWZnC-Hb9vU

Are you gay and/or Jewish enough to be a good pianist?

Thanks to my Jewish dad and bisexuality, I am 3/4 pianist. Close, but not enough to be good. Where do you score, /classical/?

Can someone translate this

since when are fags good pianists

how do i get into classical? i assume it's like literature where you're told read this and that and they're very hard to understand when you start but as you get into the groove it becomes easy to slide into different artists, good place to start? i want to feel like a fancy european

start with the austrians

well this will sound very noobish but how is classical music structured? for example i saw this

youtube.com/watch?v=wXmL55DwuaQ
and it was epic but what is a (Etude Tableau Op. 39 No. 6), is that like the classical worlds version of being able to find a specific song?

>song
*piece, but yes

excuse my ignorance i do wish to use the proper terminology

>How is [800+ years of increasingly heterogenous music coming to span the entire globe] structured?

That's a tall order. For earlier music, there tend to be stylistic boundaries according to time; then increasingly to place and then increasingly to the individual. You can either learn musical analysis yourself, or read up on specific pieces on wikipedia or academic sources. As for the etude tableaux, it signifies a technical exercise/virtuoso piece (etude, i.e. study) meant to convey a poetic image, the tableaux. The numbers signify opus - it's place in the composer's published works - and the number of the piece in that collection/opus. Some opera are single works, some are collections of pieces.

Romantic period esp the russians is more damatic and catchy to the ear so probably start with that then go backwards to Classical with Mozart and Haydn and Baroque with Bach
That's how a work is classified when it doesn't have a proper title. It's like "Artist - Album - Song" so for instance Beethoven's 135th piece (Opus)'s second movement would be called "String Quartet no. 16 in F Major, Op. 135 - II. Vivace" where "String Quartet" is the 'genre' per say, 'no. 16' is the number of a work in that specific 'gender', 'F Major' is the key, 'Op. 135' is the number of the piece in the composer's catalogue (which may or may not have been organized by the composer himself and may or may be actually representative of the real order he wrote his pieces in) "II" is the number of the movement within the piece and "Vivace" is the tempo marking, in this case, "lively = quick". It gets complicated sometimes especially with Haydn I think

>Romantic period
does classical follow a progression at all like literature and visual arts? that is to say if i know what romantic poetry is like would i have a semi impression of romantic music? does this apply to things such as realism for example (or i know it does for baroque)

Favorite movements from beethoven sonatas?
For me, its no31 mvmt 3
Hard mode: no op111

youtube.com/watch?v=0HdOQzTF4jQ
no 24 1st mov

Personally, I think it's better to go by century and place than by the often artificial analogies made to visual and literary arts by early musicology.

"Sonata", "string quartet", etc. are a little like genres.

>Personally, I think it's better to go by century and place than by the often artificial analogies made to visual and literary arts by early musicology.
sounds legit (unironically makes more sense)

There's also a lot of overlap, and older styles may survive in particular institutions and places, etc.

Op. 106, IV, but only when played at the metronome marking and with the right amount of mistakes

Otherwise Op. 110, III

i shared that feel bro

Petzold

Bach - The art of not giving a fugue
youtube.com/watch?v=LDOTuewOfHk

this joint cranks like a motha fucka

youtube.com/watch?v=7harFCylWNQ

satie is so boring

mass>passions>cantaten>orchestral suites>brandenburg concerti?

What are the patrician operas? Not Wagner or Mozart but the real patrician stuff.

unrelated but i really dont like that guys channel
>electronic piano
>muh visuals
>dur elise

fuck u tough guy, if satie is boring than you show me a joint that cranks

It's Mozart.

Berg.

Berlioz Les troyens and Janáček Káťa Kabanová

Attached: giphy.gif (360x338, 585K)

Janacek

Liszt

youtube.com/watch?v=zRGR9VI85x4

im a classical noob but let me just say im listening to wagner and crying it's so beautiful

Abbado

Mahler

youtube.com/watch?v=DrhsSYhuoUQ

Attached: El_Greco_-_Laocoön.jpg (800x637, 141K)

Wagner and Mozart are the patrician operas though. As opposite to Puccini and Verdi, the pleb operas.
Otherwise, Berg.

Busoni

youtube.com/watch?v=WSWNsN9kFFY

What's your favorite recording of the hammerklavier then ?

Cuck

What piece

Says the fucking namefag. Get better taste

I like Mahler, I was just bumping the thread and pointing out that he was a cuck

ask mahler something

Cuck

ask shoenberg anything

Glen Ghoul is a literal underage baroque fetishist contrarian frog/animeposter namefag. Please don't reply to him

Got it.

youtu.be/fig--FwnUJc?t=516
What is Nellie Melba singing at 8:36?

I know deep down you regret creating the 12-tone technique
Also you should have mastered the piano, your mother was a pianist for fuck's sake, and you were a fucking pianolet, you didn't even know how to properly write a piano concerto

Also Webern is better than you

>literal underage
I'm 19, i'm a big boy

Willow song from Verdi's Otello.
youtube.com/watch?v=-j4GkleqaSQ

best recording of vivaldo six seasons?

Doesn’t mean you’re not a faggot

2/10 troll attempt

Wagner is the king of opera. Mozart is the prince. The rest are glorified hacks.

Grazie

rude

Purcell

youtu.be/uGQq3HcOB0Y

What are the most important works by Brahms?

I bet you think Kubrick is the best film director.

Requiem, 1st and 4th symphonies, second piano concerto, violin concerto,
Clarinet quintet, to name a few

7 of the top 10 operas of all time in no order:

Parsifal
Meistersinger
Götterdämmerung
Tristan
Marriage of Figaro
Don Giovanni
Magic Flute

I leave 3 slots open for debate and personal opinions.

Me and my friend were getting along so well until he said he hates classical after I was heard listening to Rachmaninov. Now it's just not the same. Whyyyyy

No that's Masaki Kobayashi

Maybe he wasn’t really your friend, user

I have no strong opinions on that. I am not a film buff and consider it an inferior form of art compared to music.

I do have an ear and soul for music and there are no opera composers greater than Wagner and Mozart.

Don’t forget the horn trio either

Nah he still cool with me and he is a nice guy, but it's so hard finding classical lovers in my area that are nice to hang out with. The only one I know is this Asian guy I used to go to school with who was a massive snitch and a total dick so yeah.

That's great to hear man. Don't underistmate yourself. If you feel the power and beauty of Wagner's music you are no noob.

I was only joking, but yeah it sucks there’s nobody to talk /classical/ with. Thankfully I’m going to conservatory soon

what should I do when a /classical/ cute looks at me in a concert?

youtube.com/watch?v=YfprcvuHoG8

Attached: solit.jpg (274x370, 21K)

Lemay

youtu.be/H-Dz_IjpUPM

Stravinsky - Sonata for 2 Pianos

youtube.com/watch?v=-WBfwI4Gm6I

Recommend me some things with this intensity:
youtube.com/watch?v=7v8zxoEoA_Q

Beethoven

youtube.com/watch?v=qpDc07SNhhI

polonaise a flat
fantasie impromptu

ballade no 1

Gluck, Janacek, Martinu, Bartok, Ligeti
youtube.com/watch?v=EENw_ptgGcg
youtube.com/watch?v=W72pJ7Cn_WI
youtube.com/watch?v=DFbRCiChA1g
youtube.com/watch?v=p9Aq2WWds8k
youtube.com/watch?v=vEJQLy0imMo

youtu.be/u8dWoxcpCpg

Music is like 4th on the list of art forms. It's nothing but sounds. Gets boring if that's all you had.

Seiji Ozawa / Chicago Symphony Orchestra

Gtfo this entire board if serious

Read Schopenhauer, brainlet.

>crying to firetruck music

Thank you. Honestly, I have never considered listening to those two. Interesting.

The German Requiem and basically all of his symphonies except for maybe the second. Not my favorites though, I like his chamber music more.

L'incoronazione di Poppea
L'Orfeo
Lulu

Attached: ithinkthispicisfromlulu.jpg (638x478, 46K)

Abbado is a boring fuck

hey classicalfags
i have a question
for people who think there patricians but aren't
what classical music do they listen to?

Feldman and Cage are the essentials for those people. They also like Schoenberg's string quartets, Bach's Matthew's passion (maybe The Well-Tempered Clavier), some Penderecki, Stockhausen and Webern; but all of those are not essential for them and on top of that they're actually quite good (except for Stockhausen).

Wagner orchestral excerps (instead of the full operas)
Beethoven but not the string quartets
Schoenberg after he went atonal
You will usually find these people on youtube comment sections

>Beethoven but not the string quartets
Do people like that actually exist?

Attached: 1556222348275.jpg (450x450, 64K)

plen

youtube.com/watch?v=qDTwju2eHpI

why are both of your students better than you

>Schoenberg after he went atonal
Only if it's not channeling the most excessively late romantic execution you can imagine - it has to sound like Mahler condensed to twenty minutes.

Talk to her after the concert/during the intermission.

pleb
youtube.com/watch?v=rD6vMH-bpC0

even cringier. Mozart couldn't write quartets and admitted as such. If you want string quartets listen to Haydn or Beethoven.

>mozart couldn't write quartets

My favorite symphony is Sibelius' fifth.
How big of a pleb does this make me?

Attached: JeanSibelius960px.jpg (775x775, 290K)

Not at all. That makes you very based.

very

Attached: 600x600bf.png (600x600, 637K)

So Bachfags, I was recommended, for recordings of the Mass in B minor, Harnoncourt's second one, Richter's for an older one, and Rilling's 2006 one. Any others worth checking out?

youtube.com/watch?v=6o5r5G1ScEc

I love this interpretation. A-Am I based, /classical/?

Enescu
Shaw
Munchinger

why no Richter?

what's this whole meme about?

>memerson quartet

Attached: 71F5ckr+E0L._SL1069_.jpg (1069x924, 180K)

You probably have a kinetic/visual mind. Don't torture it with music :^)

Why do you guys talk about anyone other than Bach and Mozart

Étude no. 2 in A minor

>poodle dudel

I'd add structure complexity too. For instance, start by comparing small pieces (i.e. songbooks for children or piano preludes) from different centuries, then small piano pieces from authors of the same century (insert Clementi vs Mozart meme), and move progressively to more complex structures like string quartets. That'd help your ear to appreciate harmony, counterpunct and motivic development. If you want to feel the power of the melody, violin and flute sonatas are the way to go. Chorale is another field you should cover, since it works with the most perfect instrument: the human voice.

Of course feel free to throw in any larger orchestral works just for the joy of it. Never forget to have fun :)

Fun is the dumbest feeling a human can have

petzold

pfitzner

further proof

Experience ecstasy, celibate.

you just KNOW

Attached: 004256d3.jpg (500x500, 39K)

>Hermeme Scherchen

youtube.com/watch?v=ewGZN6oOYas

pleb

youtube.com/watch?v=Ki_spDEpI94

youtube.com/watch?v=i1gtRikN-PU

Mahler sucks cock.

Wasn't Boulez gay

for the french, it's a matter of principle

F*CK baroque, classical and romantic era shite

Attached: 61492156.jpg (852x960, 170K)

The WTC played in a historical tuning, and interchanging between instruments(Clavichord, Harpsichord, Organ, Fortepiano)

Its Fun

Monteverdi

open.spotify.com/track/6qIsjmAJHgPoCn9rskT4tH?si=tU_20_XhRCWtDjNrDM4imQ

Attached: 6311fe60eb67d509291ece80df75a62eb1a880f4_hq.gif (500x551, 827K)

Where you at, baby boy? I was looking forward to this.

Not sure what other thread to post this is. I am getting a violin. I don't want to blow a load of money on in-person lessons. Are there any torrents out there for a violin course? I heard there was a udemy one but I cant find it. Feel free to ignore this post as I know it doesn't fit with this thread

>Are there any torrents out there for a violin course
God no, the violin is serious shit
Get a teacher

Ive never seen a bigger circle jerk on Yea Forums, the more pretentious ur opinion, the more valid it is.

Based

Hello Hans

Attached: pfitzner.jpg (1280x620, 99K)

>talking to people
nice try, international normalfaggotry

Bro so true, how dare someone not like the string quartets0w0, must not have listened to them, such poor taste 3w3, and they xall themselfves a clasical fan? Pfft, if u dont like the quartets, ur WELCOME to leave

youtube.com/watch?v=vItciC1Lopo

Ideally find yourself a teacher, but if u cant afford one, Youtube tutorials are fine, just not the shit weeaboo frozen cover bullshit tutorials. Learn correct posture first, then focus on sounding in tune. Posture is easily the most important thing when learning violin (cello in my case). Lots of old fashioned teachers are against tape, but if u dont have a good ear, put a thin line of tape at first position so you can always find it (google it and you'll see what im talking about). Find urself a good, high star lvl 1 song book on amazon and practice for an hour a day every day. Make sure u are super strict with posture tho, never get lazy with it

You can find tons of great posture tutorials on youtube, look for asian youtubers and/or older youtubers

>piece, but yes
*or song

Or work even

>doesn't say lied
what are you, heterosexual?

soundcloud.com/alexanderchang2906/outer-sounds-its-fun-to-zipline

Fuck, lied, im sorry!!! Im not a real fan of classical, fuck!!!

o' my brothers, why don't ye play yeself some of the good ole' Ludwig Van?

youtube.com/watch?v=cQCQRLA05AA&list=LLrDcXGgn56EclaRSw-nDN6g&index=5&t=0s

This. It’s heartwarming

youtu.be/dAwEas-b46o

I’m not a classical heavyweight but I’m really into Shostakovich

Any other composers that I might like?

mahler
schnittke

Thanks bud

Not to be a pleb but I know mahlers 5th symphony and it’s great

Any good starting point with schnittke?

prepare for the meme ride of your life
youtube.com/watch?v=yaaRk0c-780

Is this a good recording?

Mahler is terrible. Only edgy snobs pretend to like him.

Listen to Beethoven 3,5,6,7,9. Start with 9 because it's the best,

Tchaikovsky/Debussy - Neapolitan Dance

youtube.com/watch?v=_FTb-Qq4aRM

Tchaikovsky - Dance of the Reed Flutes

youtube.com/watch?v=h94BdxnheeM

Literal pleb.

This but unironically

This

You need to listen to more Mahler. It grows on you

might as well pack up and go home

yes
especially the tenor and bass arias

Do I stress the Pa or the Chel in Pachelbel?

Finale, Sibelius or Dorico, my dear composer friends? Or maybe there's some other good option i'm not aware of.

PAchelbel

I use Musescore on my PC and this app called "Maestro" on my cellphone

Just another brainlet that probably can't even read sheet music and doesn't play an instrument; I don't expect normies like that to understand music when all they can do is mindlessly listen instead of active music-making and musically educating themselves.

muh voice

actively*

Attached: 4f0b7757e78868c40955b3cbc5b135c6.jpg (577x800, 57K)

muh muh

>Mozart couldn't write quartets and admitted as such.
[Citation needed]

Also, best Mozart string quartet coming through:
youtu.be/ywejv4rxGqw

petzzold

>tfw Szymanowski finally clicks
holy shit bros
youtube.com/watch?v=p0zlpb6coBY

Attached: 8CCB4CF.jpg (1300x1725, 232K)

You might also like Gombert and Saint-Saens

petzold

pfitzner

This but unironically.

Attached: 1549182788711.png (450x450, 304K)

why do people into music can into literature but people into literature can't into music

Attached: 1551017056577.png (1024x1024, 881K)

Because reading competency is a virtually unavoidable skill, whereas musical competency is more rarely cultivated (unless you're East Asian, or, to lesser degree, Jewish).

Oh. Yeah, that makes sense to me.

Also, music theory is incredibly insular - virtually no other art form has meta-languages that are 1) as complex and precise while 2) referring only to one domain of human activity. Seriously studying music teaches you a kind of abstract thinking and imagination that's akin to math (often it actually is) while also essentially a science of human expectation.

I always thought that but for some reason what you mentioned in your previous post went right over my head for some reason, even if it is more obvious (I think).

It happens a lot, naturalizing (i.e. being unconscious of) basic aspects of culture is part of normal functioning. Don't feel bad.