Is this the perfect example of exit level music, why is it that plebs are completely incapable of appreciating it?

Is this the perfect example of exit level music, why is it that plebs are completely incapable of appreciating it?

Attached: L O N D O N.jpg (220x220, 13K)

>exit level
I love London Calling but it's so entry level
every song on it is basically a pop rock digestible version of some 1979 london-core genre they took from

still good though

Rubbish band. Their contemporaries were much better.

name them

It is pop without being too poppy. It is still a decent album.

this is Boomer music. not that it is a bad thing but my dad loves the clash, there is nothing inaccessible about London calling. Yea Forums mostly hates it because it isn't muh punk or muh experimental post punk

"the only band that matters"

Attached: 1324265554190.jpg (295x343, 10K)

I know Yea Forums hates it because they're a bunch of depressed manlets who like nuswans, but this album has aged fantastic, it's still fresh with some great tunes.

Sex Pistols
Damned
Wire
Jam
Stiff Little Fingers

You want more?

i'm good but thanks

>Sex Pistols
important but ultimately given more credit than deserved
>Damned
good but one dimensional
>Wire
agree
>Jam
good band
>Stiff Little Fingers
no

yeah, gimme em all.

This is where they decided to be the British Bruce Springsteen. It worked out.

This so much. It's the british version of boomer music. Regardless of any valid merit the clash might have, I can only picture 50 year old weed smoking labour voters listening to it - and this is cringe

hi dad, how is Yea Forums treating you?

I think what worked in the Clash's favour is that after the second album (which is good-ish) they started experimenting, lightly, and at least showed a certain level of respect for whichever genre they were touching

Here is a few more:
Adverts
Rezillos
Buzzcocks
X-Ray Spex
Stranglers

Anyway Clash is fucking shit

>I can only picture 50 year old weed smoking labour voters listening to it
unbelievably, I met an incredibly affluent indian hypebeast kid at uni who loved the clash
thought it was so weird that he mainly listened to mainstream shit and grime but also knew who the clash were

damn UK punk is so shit

Attached: man-trying-to-throw-up-closeup-portrait-young-unhappy-annoyed-sick-business-putting-finger-mouth-sho (1300x957, 110K)

I've actually really began to love the 2nd record and the associated singles. It's the peak of their roots-reggae influence mixing with punk, and not being overpowering, which happened pretty much right after London Calling. That said, there's great tracks from every record...except maybe Cut the Crap.

>Anyway Clash is fucking shit
eat my ass they're great, they might not be punk, but like I care.

>Adverts
good band but Jay Reatard's version of We Who Wait is the superior one
>Rezillos
reach
>Buzzcocks
possibly
>X-Ray Spex
faded too quickly
>Stranglers
pub band, apart from a select few tunes you may as well have said Status Quo

our post-punk is elite though
yeah even combat rock is sufferable
Sandinista! is the true gem though

Sandanista! just has way too much bloat. "Straight To Hell" has to be one of, if not my all time favorite track of theirs. That one is just totally transcendent for me.

Wire, Pere Ubu, PiL, Swell Maps, the list goes on...

>Sandanista! just has way too much bloat
yeah you have to work through it and pick out the tracks you like but it would have made a fantastic double album. However nobody ever seems to agree what are the good and bad tracks on it, must be something in it

Those bands had nothing to do with the Clash, you fucking nonce. Do you just learn everything from rym?

these are all post-punk bands (apart from maybe Wire), and ones that weren't really in the mainstream conscience
that's the opposite of what the clash were, comparing the two wouldn't be fair

They are contemporaries of the Clash retard

London Calling is post-punk

So were Red House Painters and Jesus Jones, that doesn't mean shit on its own.

>London Calling is post-punk
No. You're retarded.

>London Calling is post-punk
no it isn't

Read the thread I was responding to

How is it not?

The Clash, like virtually all of punk and most post-punk, is gen x dad core. Still great but calling it "exit-level" is dumb as shit, it's like calling Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables esoteric or some shit.

>Stylistically, the genre has a general backbone consisting of a prominent, pulsating sound and rhythm section of bass and drums. On top of this arrangement are atmospheric, spiky, interweaving lead guitar lines commonly described as "angular", creating a cold and melancholic tone with extensive use of minor key melodies. Vocals tend to be menacing, monotone and in some cases, even robotic.

RYM isn't completely dead-on with it's descriptions all the time, but you get the gist
post punk London Calling is not