What are some Alternative Metal essentials? I'm starting to get into it and i need recommendations...

What are some Alternative Metal essentials? I'm starting to get into it and i need recommendations. I've been looking and i haven't found an essential chart or list. Only for progressive rock or alternative rock.

Attached: smart-people-metalhead-thrash-metal-groove-metal-heavy-metal-black-7193055.png (500x536, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/PcTzbr-9oMU
youtube.com/watch?v=PLYSGMIdIJ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

Listen to Fair to Midland, really underrated band with prog elements

Attached: fables-from-a-mayfly-what-i-tell-you-three-times-is-true-4e9a193d1dccb.jpg (1000x1000, 588K)

If anything fagtano is too kind to metal. A genre of literal garbage. I don't understand how low your IQ needs to be to enjoy that shit.

>fantano as example of smart person
thank you for posting this cringe

Go make another Tyler or Billie thread soiboy

Triggered manchild faggot. Stop listening to metal and, get some taste and have sex. If you want to talk about metal on Yea Forums keep it in your shitty containment thread. No one here likes your music and we barely tolerate you. Fuck off.

Shut the fuck up you tasteless normalfag

Just end yourself, you obviously want to do it.

if it wasn't for metal Yea Forums would not exist
if I have to explain why to you then you should go back to whatever soihole you came from

Metal is one of the highest IQ genres but poptimist retard like you clearly doesn't understand

Thanks a lot man, do you have any other recommendations for me, your taste seems pretty based.

this is true, fuck metal
neckbeard trash

B-B-B-BASED

why do you want to listen to mongoloid music aka metal? doesnt make sense, OP

If only you knew how stupid you sound calling me a "normalfag". I've listened to the greatest music around and been trained classically to play three instruments. I keep track of both classical and contemporary music, listening to a variety of genres including Jazz, hip-hop and dream-pop. Therefore I have more authority than you in saying that metal is complete garbage and is NOT good music by any stretch of the imagination. I also have experience of the low IQ dullards that tend to congregate in metal circles and I can assure you that these subhuman degenerates are on the border of mental retardation and wouldn't be capable of identifying a good melody if their life depended on it. I suggest you read what I've written here and think carefully about your taste in music and whether you want to continue spending your life listening to this mindless rubbish.

Based

please if you spend this much time writing bait that like 5 people will respond too I beg of you just stop everything think about your life

Well apart from the more popular stuff like Tool, SOAD, Deftones, Alice in Chains and Faith No More there is Helmet, Therapy?, Karnivool, late Katatonia albums and Dir EN Grey

slipknot

Lmao keep acting like your worthless opinion matters
>authority
Your authority means fuck all, nerd

I listened to pic related and i really enjoyed it. I don't know, maybe I'm just in a mood and in a couple of weeks I'll think it's shit. Who knows, but right now i liked it, so i want to listen to something else like it while this feeling still lasts.

Attached: 220px-A_Perfect_Circle-Thirteenth_Step.jpg (220x220, 14K)

"normalfag"

kill yourself, metalnigger

>Your authority means fuck all, nerd
and you're a tasteless faggot.

Tool
Jane's Addiction (1987-1990)
System of a Down
Bad Brains - I Against I
Melvins

spent about a minute writing this because unlike metalfaggots it doesn't take me long to string a sentence together.

literally this and their first album. Both are incredible.

Thanks a lot man, sorry if i bothered you.

the only good metal albums are Korn's self titled, and Limp Bizkit's Significant Other. Anything else is just coping with the lack of aesthetics that your genre possesses.

Attached: ill fuken murder u irll.jpg (640x640, 79K)

Based.

Faith No More
Deftones
Tool
A Perfect Circle
System of a Down

Stay mad as fuck snob cunt

Stop listening to Alt metal. Listen to Thrash, death and black instead.

At least I have the intellect not to listen to metal, retard.

Yeah, my favourite movie is shame by steve mcqueen, and this album made me feel like i was rewatching the movie again. I really enjoyed it.

Is Quicksand considered alt metal?
If so listen to their first two records, Slip and Manic Compression

This + Helmet and Life of Agony

Okay, i know it's a drag, but do you have any recommendations for each of them please?

Well on rym they are classified as alternative metal, so thanks.

How come there isn't a chart for alternative metal?

Thrash
>Metallica - Ride the lightning/master of puppets
>Megadeth - Rust in peace
>Slayer - Reign in blood/Seasons in the abyss
>Sepultra - Arise
>Vektor - Black future
>Artillery- By inheritance
Death metal
>Death- Symbolic/human/the sound of perseverance
>Morbid Angel- Altars of Madness
>Gojira - Flying Whales
>Crytopsy- None so vile
>Entombed -left hand path
Black
>Burzum- filosofem
>Dissection- Storm of the light's bane/The somberlain
>Emperor- anthems to the welkin at dusk
>Immortal- At the heart of winter
>Bathory- Blood fire death
Decent entry level albums from each subgenre for you

Holy fucking shit, i wasn't expecting that. Thanks so much man, i love you.

fuck off newfag

Ok, I wasn’t sure cause I know they’re also grouped into post-hardcore

>If only you knew how stupid you sound calling me a "normalfag". I've listened to the greatest music around and been trained classically to play three instruments. I keep track of both classical and contemporary music, listening to a variety of genres including Jazz, hip-hop and dream-pop. Therefore I have more authority than you in saying that metal is complete garbage and is NOT good music by any stretch of the imagination. I also have experience of the low IQ dullards that tend to congregate in metal circles and I can assure you that these subhuman degenerates are on the border of mental retardation and wouldn't be capable of identifying a good melody if their life depended on it. I suggest you read what I've written here and think carefully about your taste in music and whether you want to continue spending your life listening to this mindless rubbish.

Attached: 1556661586172.jpg (803x688, 141K)

Embarrassing lack of an argument. Rethink your approach trend whore

>trend whore
I am anything but. This will be my last post to you since I am tired of dealing with low IQ. As a final request I suggest you turn to Bach to find out what good music actually sounds like. The aesthetics of metal are severely limited and is neither harmonically nor melodically impressive.

Yeah this is why metal isn't even close to considered Yea Forumscore.

Wow a FTMposter, you're pretty based

It was an extremely mainstream genre, most people with an interest in alt metal have a lot of well known stuff to start out with.

Attached: topsters2 (2).png (1923x1183, 2.1M)

>this dude thinks I've never listened to Bach
At this point I'm glad you're fucking off with you retarded preconceived notions and baseless superiority complex.
>neither harmonically nor melodically impressive
Nice subjective opinion there. Dont forget your fedora on the way out

3/10 cringe
5/10 cringe
4/10 cringe
9/10 cringe
10/10 cringe

women cringe at physically repulsive metal-listeners

thanks for the upvote user

and i give a fuck why? my girlfriend knows i listen to metal lol

your girlfriend is hideously ugly.

you spent a lot of time on theese shitty comebacks, however you could have done something as simple as this youtu.be/PcTzbr-9oMU

sounds like shit cunt

>ITT : based anti-metards

Start with SoaD and Tool, maybe Korn if you're feeling too happy. Their whole discographies should be fine.

Also if you're feeling like listening to more industrial (yet alternative) and lesser known stuff, check out Death Is A Businessman

thats a great song belive it or not

Attached: 1557609644985.png (1948x2496, 263K)

shit song.

Reminder that Sludge Metal is NOT garbage

Yikes

to what

Fucking soi cuck grow some balls and get some riffs faggot youtube.com/watch?v=PLYSGMIdIJ8

Bathory

I listened to jazz and a variety of genres.
I learned many intsruments.
I still can appreciate metal.
What's your excuse frog?

Attached: 70oBE45.jpg (1620x1080, 198K)

I don't listen to much metal at all anymore but Karnivool will forever be amazing.