Both these musicians have had world-class careers and are household names...

Both these musicians have had world-class careers and are household names. Both have recently come out in support of far-right politicians and parties. I wonder why the public's reaction to Morrissey was so different to their reaction towards Kanye?

Surely it couldn't have anything to do with the fact that Morrissey is white? That would be ridiculous.

Attached: who-said-it-quiz-kanye-moz-split.jpg (900x600, 472K)

kanye didn’t say he hates muslims you retard

Neither did Morrissey.

Kanye got A LOT of shit as well, he literally met with president trump and said that he supported him. But if moz just doesn’t apologize he will be fine, people forget. The whole “omg moz is alt right!” will last a couple weeks before normies and soibois find another thing to be outraged over

kanye got a lot of shit too wtf are you talking about retard
fuck kanye's uncle tom ass

Kanye never wore anti-muslim symbols. You have no response to my post, please leave.

Kanye is an uncle tom sellout who appease the white man. He always sort of was trying to kiss up to white culture even from day 1 with the hanging out with Ralph Lauren and saying things like "I might make my kid Republican so everyone knows he loves white people" in songs. Kanye is such a cop out "i'm not racist, I LOVE hip hop, I LOVE Kanye".

I've followed the guy's career for a long time now and this has been a persistent thing the media latches onto. He's just been more vocal about it as of late (probably in retaliation to the left being more vocal as well). I don't know that it will really just go away.

Trump isn’t far right

kanye made it entirely about trump, and pretty much ignored policy. plus kanye has a history of doing ridiculous shit that gets him publicity. kanye also lost a lot of fans, and faced backlash for this (lower streaming numbers and worse reviews)
morissey is endorsing the far-right, not a single personality from it. he’s not saying, “i love jordan peterson!” or something, he’s saying that he holds the same views as people like jordan peterson. and he’s sometimes espousing those views

uncle tom is the hero, and is based on an american hero former slave, oh the irony

are you saying kanye didn't get shit for what he did? lmfao, also he didn't hate on other races and religions

deflect u racist, white lives matter

t. black kid with suburban bandwith

white lives unironically dont matter

Kanye West has super autistic mega fans who basically suck anything Kanye says.
Morrissey fans are to a far lesser degree. So they could think rationally and understand how stupid Morrissey is.

what did i deflect? that’s literally the exact situation

If it continues it will just be a few people who hold out against morrissey. Most people don't have a strong enough political stance to boycott morrissey for the rest of their life. He will be fine. I want to clear up that unlike others in this thread I am a fan of both of them and I personally agree with their politics.

I STILL LOVE MOZZZERS.

LIBS HATE BOTH , WE STILL LOVE MOZZERS WE STILL LOVE YUE

Because Kanye doesn't support the policies Trump supports, he just likes the ego and celebrity persona and sees a kindred spirit in that regard. He also saw an opportunity to speak with Trump and get his voice heard from the president that he didn't get from Obama (who called Kanye a jackass and didn't like him).

Kanye wore a MAGA hat at damn near every public appearance on his press run leading up to and after the release of Ye. Trump has had no problem saying that Muslims should be kept out of the country, and his policies generally align with those of For Britain.

Kanye wearing a MAGA hat is roughly equivalent to Morrissey wearing a For Britain pin and I'm truly sorry that you're in denial about this. Neither musician has publicly stated that they hate Muslim people, they just have espoused support for anti-Muslim politicians.

>Morrissey is an Irishman who lives in America who despite hating the Monarchy is a British nationalist

you know for a fact it doesnt matter what any white celeb does if he goes angainst the liberal norm of media he will be crucified, no matter what he will branded for much time and have to go on damage control as if under siege

You cannot choose to support Trump solely for his personality and be blind to his politics. If any white person did this they would be dragged.

Compare the positive media reaction to Ye against the fact that not a single review of California Son manages to talk about the music and not just Morrissey's politics. Kanye got some raised eyebrows from the media but not any legitimate reaction in the way Morrissey is.

Both Kanye and Morrissey are seen as the village idiots. They're not helping themselves. I agree with Kanye and Morrissey, but how the fuck is Kanye saying shit like "I Am A God" and "Slavery is a choice" or Morrissey saying that all meat-eaters need to die a wise decision to make when you constantly get hounded by liberal media? It will make your case look invalidated by your own stupidity and egotism, and Kanye and Morrissey still don't seem to understand this basic fact. While both are great musicians, they let the ego get to their head too often and they are often seen as stupid because of it by the overwhelming majority. Not because of their political stance (although the lib media would like it to be about that).

He shared a wine glass of warm Jew piss with Trump in the oval office

OP here, I want to clarify that I do not support either For Britain or Trump. I just feel that the differences in reaction to these two celebrities doing pretty analogous things is a very good example of a double standard that I think is probably based on race, and that if you hate Morrissey for his politics you should probably also hate Kanye for his.

kanye is also going to be received more positively because he makes better music. and, once again, he did face backlash. pitchfork went from sucking his dick with every album of his, some of which were a good deal worse than ye, to giving ye a 7. kanye’s endorsement of trump did hurt his marketing. not the extent of morissey, but morissey went on rants about policy. kanye went on a rant about slavery being a choice, which is ridiculous and not a view really held by anyone, then apologized

hot

Kanye got a lot of backlash for that and lost fans. The same people who'd stop listening to Morrissey's music over this would be the type of people to stop listening to Kanye. Their diehard fans mostly defend them still.

Kanye sees Trump the same way Trump sees everyone he works with, he's just asking himself "what can you do for me?"
>If any white person did this they would be dragged.
Yeah its so fucking hard to be a white republican in America because some 70 IQ nigger on Twitter will say something racist and not lose her foodstamps.

kanye has also deflected real arguments against him by implying his support of trump is giving black people a choice. he’s implying that other people are saying that he, as a black person, must vote democrat. and most media is afraid to argue against that out of fear of stepping over the line, of saying something they could be “cancelled” for
race does play a factor, but morissey has made it much more political than kanye did, which is a mistake

brother, all i care about is that once minorities as a whole take over and see the bullshit ploy of forced diversity is for blacks only, the blacks will find a new more vicious enemy and i dont want to be here for the fireworks, im moving to a ethnically homogenous nation, that doesnt deal with this shit

1. kanye is legit mentally ill and people kept that in mind, morrissey is of a sound mind
2. if a white man supported trump it'd look worse because it could be potentially spun as an endorsement of white nationalism, which isn't really a possibility with kanye obviously
3. morrissey has a history of racist remarks and flirting with the far right

there are some god damn weird views on this site

>Trump
>far-right

Attached: 1549120377283.jpg (732x959, 56K)

Pff, when YE came out, every review was bashing Kanye and the album because of politics more than the music. Kanye recieved a fuckton of backlash. Everyone in the media was saying how he was crazy and racist, shitting on him, exaggerating everything he did and said just because they disliked that he supported trump. I don't like or follow kanye and even I found out, that's how much backlash he recieved.

Not a single person I know stopped listening to Kanye after he went on his MAGA tear.

> but morissey went on rants about policy.
This never happened. He said he supports Brexit but that's as far as he went. He has never publicly stated dislike for Muslim people, just that he supports Anne Marie Waters.

And I honestly don't know anyone who stopped listening to The Smiths either after all this. It might be a bigger deal in the UK/.

> kanye is legit mentally ill and people kept that in mind, morrissey is of a sound mind
Did you miss the part where he said he was not actually bipolar and was just sleep deprived? Not to mention that there is clearly something wrong with Morrissey, his name is almost synonymous with depression.

> if a white man supported trump it'd look worse because it could be potentially spun as an endorsement of white nationalism, which isn't really a possibility with kanye obviously
Okay, I'll buy this

> morrissey has a history of racist remarks and flirting with the far right
Generally in relation to animal rights (e.g. the comment about the Chinese or the comment about halal food), but he has also had a history of speaking out against the far right. He got in a bunch of trouble recently for saying he'd kill Trump if he got the chance.

morrissey is an odd character with many contradictions, but he did get criticized for similar reasons around the viva hate era for waving english flags on stage, having skinheads in his artwork, and making songs like national front disco or bengali in platforms

kanye never supported the alt right. he supports trump and neoliberalism-- which is essentially every normie in the world... all capitalist hold fucked up view imo so kanye is hardly worse than obama supporters etc...

Kanye, Varg, Morrisey, bunch of timid white boys who can't fuck with me

So boring. So bored.

>supports trump and neoliberalism
this is even worse

its true dud

hahahahahahhaahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahaha

The zoomers never liked Morrissey anyway, so they can jump on this bandwagon extra hard.

Anyone notice how Yea Forums mods have been deleting political threads that do involve artists like Kanye and Morrisey? I'm afraid the moderation might reach Yea Forums levels of shit.

fuck off retard all political threads should be on /pol/ and deleted from here, i dont care if they're about a musician when politics are the main point of the thread
fuck off you /pol/ weasels

>Anyone notice how Yea Forums mods have been deleting political threads that do involve artists like Kanye and Morrisey?

what?

The National Front Disco is an anti-racist song. The lyrics are about losing someone you love to supremacist beliefs. It's actually incredibly poignant in relation to Morrissey himself now.

Bengali in Platforms has one line that didn't come off very well but I don't think it's supposed to be racist.

SEETHING

>Anyone notice how Yea Forums mods have been deleting political threads that do involve artists like Kanye and Morrisey?
The opposite of this has been happening

i know about national front disco, but i'm saying the press like NME spun it around as being a pro national front song back then.

There was a thread a few days ago about a Kanye headline about how he said that Liberals bully Trump supporters like him which got nuked by mods.

See That was the maybe one instance of me seeing this happen. There might have been another but I don't remember.

the alt right is literally just a form of neoliberalism... so its not really worse

> anyone notice how this thing keeps happening?
> actually it only happened once, and i have only anecdotal evidence to support my claim that it happened at all
This board is even stupider than I remember

as they should

But all meat eaters *do* need to die

>Both these musicians are household names
no, kanye is 10000x more popular in that sense compared to moz right now. it's not comparable and this is a reason. kanye has a much larger cultural present and it's therefore harder to "cancel" him.