Thoughts on Deerhunter?

Attached: 71MeZ9hZ6jL._SX355_.jpg (355x323, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_au/article/9k4pjv/rank-your-records-deerhunter-bradford-cox
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Great band, what is your favorite album by them?

OP pic followed by Fading Frontier, desire lines is by far my favorite track

>2011 and beyond
I am forgotten...
good album though

Microcastle always. They have yet to top Nothing Ever Happened (RIP Josh). Not a bad record in their discog tho. Will be considered classics once B.Cox is no longer with us.

pretentious

i kinda like them though

i like them, that album you posted give me some good memories

pretentious how?

maybe not the band as a whole, but i read an article where the lead singer was talking about MBDTF being critically acclaimed and going "uuugggghhhhh but that's not reeeeaalll genius music like meeeeeeee"

like just randomly bringing up kanye when asked about the music landscape or his success relative to it, and turning mbdtf into this generic bogeyman album like some boomer

I like Deerhoof and The Dear Hunter better imo

google.com/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_au/article/9k4pjv/rank-your-records-deerhunter-bradford-cox
This is what you're talking about, probably. Personally I don't get it either but I'm pretentious so who knows.

I love pic related. Love Revival and He Would Have Laughed. Oh, and sailing. Overall a really nice album to listen to in its entirety. It takes a couple of listens to get to enjoy it though.

>Monomania is the greatest album I’ve ever made and anybody that doesn’t like it has no idea what I’m about or what I’m doing. They’re simply avid fans of what’s called indie rock and think we’re a notable indie rock band. I hate indie rock and never liked the term. I don’t consider myself a participant in indie rock. I think it’s a ghetto.

Okay so he is pretty pretentious.

Like Animal Collective and a lot of others in that they aren't disciplined enough to push a song to it's ultimate form.
They settle for "pretty good" or "good enough" instead.
And that's why they'll never hit Beach Boys/Beatles/Pink Floyd/Earth, Wind and Fire/whoever tier.
Certainly have potential, but it kills me that it's never realized.

yeah, i remember being annoyed by more than just the kanye part

I’m friends with these guys. Really weird to think of us all getting older. Like in my head it’s just a couple years after they got big but in reality it’s been a decade. Everything is way different now. A band like this wouldn’t be noticed at all in 2019.

Why Hasn't Everything Disappeared was pretty good

also
>That’s why my generation is so pitiful.
>I coughed real blood on the bass drum because I had bronchitis. It was a fantastic moment in modern music history. And nobody even fucking cares. But at the same time, I’d rather it be that way.

:(

they sound cool
earthquake > earfquake
fight me

>I saw the show you did at MoMa PS1 where you played “Monomania” for 45 minutes straight.
>That was pure art. I was in character.
He then says if people wants to call it pretentious to scream to a rat it's okay because it is.

Also,
>Anybody who doesn’t like this album, I don’t think that they have the capacity to move beyond their fucking childhood and their little closed-in concept of what I’m supposed to be making.

He is talking about fans who dislike that album but yeah, still kind of shitty to say that.

Either way, it seems he is pretty different to the rest of the band since they asked him to go away when recording Desire Lines for being too annoying to the producer lol.

>I saw the show you did at MoMa PS1 where you played “Monomania” for 45 minutes straight.
>That was pure art. I was in character.
He then says if people wants to call it pretentious to scream to a rat it's okay because it is.

Also,
>Anybody who doesn’t like this album, I don’t think that they have the capacity to move beyond their fucking childhood and their little closed-in concept of what I’m supposed to be making.

He is talking about fans who dislike that album but yeah, still kind of shitty to say that.

Either way, it seems he is pretty different to the rest of the band since they asked him to go away when recording Desire Lines for being too annoying to the producer. Lol.