What is making rock music less popular?

What is making rock music less popular?

Attached: Indie rock show.jpg (615x814, 171K)

Zoomers

It peaked in the 60’s and had a steady decline to now. Also, there’s other shit to listen to but rock. It’s just a simple fact.

The Beatles split

The increasing racial diversity of America

lack of promotion and mediocre bands getting the little promotion

>very expensive to start making compared to other genres
>needs multiple people with the same creative direction and intentions
>more expensive to record
>entering a dying genre that peaked decades prior so your work will always be compared to older acts
>older people like it, even the "cool rebellious" genres, which means they'll more than likely encourage it just inherently promoting kids to go in another direction

Bring back the 90s when we had good bands like the Nirvana, the Guns and Roses, the U2, the Pixies. Now that's real music not this gay hippity hoop blip bloop monkey stuff.

Off-topic discussion in 1...2...3...

;p

lack of anyone good making it

>older people like it
>even the "cool rebellious" genres
This right here. There are 40 year old men who listened to fucking grindcore and black metal and goth rock in their teen years. The 90s were 20 years ago. Rock can't be edgy anymore.

the eternal eternal grandfather boomer

>>older people like it, even the "cool rebellious" genres, which means they'll more than likely encourage it just inherently promoting kids to go in another direction

this
it's corny old people music, even punk and metal and numetal and industrial and whatever was considered edgy in the 90s. your mom and dad listened to that.
my mom saw nine inch nails, flaming lips, and sonic youth live in the 90s for fuck sake and now she listens to the dixie chicks and drives a minivan

Formerly white majority countries becoming less white.

I see that is less popular but it's still influential

>It peaked in the 60’s
Thats not the late 70s lmao

Tell us what you say would be edgy by modern standards. What offends parents today?

Rap

nothing really, but even soundcloud mumble rap where they just say "ay pop the pussy nigga" will still piss off some older parents. boomers on the other hand will say about a rock band "hey man this kicks ass, reminds me of zep or acdc or whatever"

Fuck edginess, experience and enjoy music genuinely

lol

Hip-hop is 40 years old, dude. Why would you think your parents didn't possibly listen to Beastie Boys or House of Pain back then?

Rock music isn't less popular it just isn't played on the radio as much or as heavily advertised by streaming services. There's plenty of bands that could be considered "Rock" ranging from metal to buttrock to indie to punk etc that still draw huge crowds at fests and are constantly touring, that DO get tons of play on the radio on stations oriented towards them, etc. In the underground as well there is still plenty of demand for various forms of rock. Go watch videos on hate5six's YouTube of this is hardcore, it draws enormous crowds each year even for bands nobody has ever heard of in a genre that until extremely recently was very niche. Pop punk had a huge comeback from like 2009-2014 or so and many of those bands are still playing just in slightly different styles. Buttrock remains extremely popular. Indie rock bands are still gaining huge crowds at pitchfork fest.

The whole "Rock is dead" thing is extremely pleb desu because it depends on the person saying it accepting that radioplay is still the biggest measure of popularity in an era where the radio itself has lost MASSIVE amounts of popularity.

>guns and roses

Attached: patrick.jpg (259x194, 9K)

Imagine thinking you'll look more cool and rebellious and forward thinking because you listen to music. Yes, you are so against the grain because you take part in the most universally liked thing next to sex. Fucking faggot.

Guns N’ Roses is great you dumb fag

Rock is dead
And no one cares
If there is a hell
I'll see you there

Attached: tront.jpg (1200x900, 173K)

Because Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill, House of Pain type shit was way cleaner. It wasn't the same style as today. Wasn't as explicit and a lot of that 80s-90s pop rap had a comedic element to it. Biz Markie and shit was popular rap back then.
Gangsta rap of course was huge but that was a different crowd and not listened to as much by the rock audience as Beastie Boys, Cypress Hill type crossover rap.

The only reason you think rock is dead is because you still rely on rely on people to tell you what to listen to. Go out and look for the music you want instead of waiting for some fag to put it on the radio or twitter.

no I mean like, strong producer focused/soundcloud/beats/ independant fake image persona etc.But Rock is no longer and is harder to innovate from this 2019 drag and drop an orchestral lofi on your garage studio macbook

lil peep and tyler the creator aren't that different except they say fuck more and have different production styles
other than the production and increased cursing hip hop is basically the same as it's always been. sure there's less will smith lil bow wow style cheese rap that gets big like the 90s but it's not like people didnt know who dr dre, snoop dogg, etc were this stuff isnt that shocking or different

Niggers and Jews

they're way different because of the culture, the internet has changed everything and hip hop is going in all sorts of new directions now with things opening up that werent possible before

rock doesnt have the same kind of power over social media and is more difficult to produce since it cant just be produced with a computer. hip hop is more suited for the internet age

Dude you couldn't sound more like a fucking boomer if you tried
Although this guy is a fucking turd as well

black created rock jews are white next

this is obviously a joke post
>the U2
>the nirvana
come on

Hey everybody. We have to start marking sarcasm with /s because of Johnny Comelately over here.

Niggers didn't create shit Jews always fuck shit up next

blacks created rock jews are white next

You want me to pick up more Monster at Costco dad?

Sneed

prove me wrong thank you next :)

:ate millenials/zoomers raised on ear candy so0unds of games/electronica/hip-hop find rock tones of bass/drum/vox/guitar boooooring

Dude I'm going to murder your family

>>It peaked in the 60’s
>Thats not the late 70s lmao
That's not the late 80s lmao

prove me wrong thank you next :)

that's not the early 90s rofl

The media/industry finds it easier to push solo artists.
Also let's not pretend pop hasn't been twice as mainstream as rock since the 70s. Abba was way bigger than any of those prog bands you like. The synthesizer probably killed rock the most by making the line between pop and rock bigger.

Great albums being made in way less accessible subgenres

lack of good artists

lack of artists with appreciation for good music in general

If you’re a retarded boomer sure

Butt Rock.

>and hip hop is going in all sorts of new directions now

>1992
"Grrr, I'm 10x more gangsta than you."
>1999
>2005
>2010
>2019

my band

kek

lel this, what a low iq genre

MatPat’s wife Stephanie will spearhead the next big movement in rock music. You heard it here first.

Attached: 622EC534-CE9C-426C-AE69-A9E55697E060.png (716x716, 759K)

Anyone who thinks hip-hop has anywhere close to the same expressive or emotional range as rock, or is a viable live genre is a smoothbrain.

lack of good experimental releases, oversaturation.

South Americans are the only people who still care about rock

And Europe and Japan. It's only North America where since 2009 or so the only bands that get on the radio or play arenas are hipster dreampop bands for geldings.

The best Pixies albums were in the 80s, though.

When they split honest raw rock died with them. God I want to go back

Attached: 58184cc415eb9a5317a4ad090eee60ee.jpg (1126x1094, 225K)

how the fuck would experimental releases make it more popular, dingus? Experimental music has the opposite effect.

Christian Rock led to artists and producers coming up with bullshit like "Post-Folkgaze Marital Dark Industrial Indie Rock" to avoid being associated with Creed and co.

Attached: 44e3a5c17876a71ac8fbc5769352fe0e.png (265x349, 138K)

based chad

cringe faggots

there's a difference between experimental, and good experimental. people actually listen to music that is good.

there's only so long that rock musicians can keep making music that sounds the same until people stop listening.

Rock was basically peaking until 2011 though. Then Eminem dropped "No Love"

This thread brought to you by Russian intelligence

>same expressive or emotional range as rock
It can, it's just that everyone chimps out for some reason if it deviates from the norm

love that band

Would say it but its always a full /pol/ invitation

because hip-hop and electronica is currently more innovative and therefore has more of an appeal among youth culture, which is what faggots like you consider "popular" despite the number of listeners for every broad genre being relatively the same

The one thing rock still has over hip-hop/electronic is live draw imo. Not to say they are boring, but going to DJ sets or rap shows or whatever doesn't really compare to seeing a proper rock show.

Rock is cool. slap my ass at a rock show near you, all you cute girls. bye ;)

Not dead, pic related

Attached: a20e581ebab901921090201c0772941b.jpg (480x581, 54K)

this, rocks not dangerous anymore and rap offends older people

how can rock even be taken forward in 2019 its can't its all been done

faggot boomer lol

he's in witness protection and is a pedofile snitch
pedosnitch gaaaaang

It's very boring sonically compared to electronic music.

it really can't unless it fuses with other styles or somebody comes up with rock that sounds good produced in fl studio

unlike rock, rap is allowed to evolve where as any rock band gets compared to older acts

then why do they outsell rock shows in terms of sales lol