Their best album.

Attached: MMT.jpg (886x886, 1.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ugZwAJIKXAQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not really their best, but yeah it's up there

white

gotta disagree with ya there m8 as you were LG x

Attached: abd6206c3d038a8189dea9d03127920f.jpg (733x1024, 176K)

>includes 24 page full color picture book
imagine thinking this is anything other than a soulless cash in.

What album by a popular artist isn't a cash in? Is it still a cash in if the album is quality? Wasn't Sgt Pepper a bit of an attempt to cash in on psychedelia of the time?

>Wasn't Sgt Pepper a bit of an attempt to cash in on psychedelia of the time
i'm glad you're a virgin that will not spread their genes.

>Wasn't Sgt Pepper a bit of an attempt to cash in on psychedelia of the time?
How do you cash in on something that you largely invented? Don't be a fucking moron.
>soulless cash in.
The opposite, really. The Beatles had a principle of delivering superior quality for price. They knew that a double EP would be prohibitively expensive in the US due to import prices, so they licensed other non-album singles (that were going to be expensive as imports) as a compilation album release. Both the double EP in the UK and the album in the US contained the 24 page full color book, which only added to the high quality for low price given by the record.

The original EP came with the same booklet, retard.

It's not because the EP would be expensive, it's because there was no market for EPs in the US at the time.

The Beatles invented psychedelic music now? You mean popularized. I think my point is valid. Saying Magical Mystery Tour is a soulless cash is a bit hyperbolic and that logic could really be extended to most any popular album.

LETS ALL GET UP AND DANCE TO A SONG THAT WAS A HIT BEFORE YOUR MOTHER WAS BORN

whos the faggot holding that work of art

Paul ruins this album imo

Alright, who invented psychedelic music then? Inventing it in a vacuum doesn't count. Psychedelic music was largely based on novelty songs from the early 60s, it became codified once you had multiple releases in the style in 1966. 1965 shows the Beatles first foray into what could be called psychedelic music.

The Kinks. Listen to See My Friends.

>not Revolver

Cringe

Based

>See My Friends.
July 30th, 1965.
>Ticket to Ride
April 9th, 1965. Recorded February of 1965.
>Mr. Tambourine Man (Byrds cover)
April 12th, 1965. Recorded Jan. 20th 1965.

You didn't even pick a reasonable case for your argument.

>ticket to Ride
How is this psychedelic music?
>Byrds
Fair enough. Not the Beatles.

Do you even know what psychedelic music sounds like you nonce? Read something for once in a while.

>can't explain how ticket to ride is psych music
Based clueless retard.

>influenced by Lennon and George Harrison's first encounter with LSD
>Author Simon Philo calls the song "avant-garde masquerading as pop"
> a melody that author Ian MacDonald terms "raga-like"
>The sustained A chord over the verses creates an implied drone common in Indian music
> John Harris said that "Ticket to Ride" was "the sound of a four-piece group hurtling way beyond the beat-pop being churned out by their peers" but also showed the band developing the same sound that the Byrds adopted on their "pivotal" debut single, "Mr. Tambourine Man".
>MacDonald also comments that, while the Kinks' "See My Friends" has been identified as the inspiration for the Beatles' use of Indian instrumentation later in 1965, the subtle drone in "Ticket to Ride" could equally have influenced the Kinks when they recorded "See My Friends".
>MacDonald describes it as "psychologically deeper than anything the Beatles had recorded before ... extraordinary for its time – massive with chiming electric guitars, weighty rhythm, and rumbling floor tom-toms", and he views the production as a signal of the band's next major change of musical direction, with "Tomorrow Never Knows" in April 1966.

I hate you.

It was just a movie soundtrack but they turned it into something even better. based

Baby youre a rich man is sorely underrated jam
youtube.com/watch?v=ugZwAJIKXAQ

>>influenced by Lennon and George Harrison's first encounter with LSD
Influenced by drugs =/= psychedelic music.
>Simon calls the sobre avant garde masquerading as pop
How is this related to 'psychedelic music' kek
>melody Raga-like
>drone common in Indian music
Indian music isn't psychedelic music you dummy.
>John Harris said...
How is this related to psychedelic music kek
>influence in See My Friends
Yes, ticket to ride was an influence in REAL psychedelic music.
>psychologically deeper...
How is this related to psychedelic music kek

All of those things are historically linked to psychedelic music and have been written about to death. I have nothing else to impart to you on this because you're just willfully ignorant of the history of pop music. Sorry.

this. No one is addressing the real issue here. WHY is MMT a cash grab but Sgt Pepper totally isn't? Both were back to back capitalizations on psychedelic music trends, which the Beatles DID NOT invent. They helped popularize it.

Rubber Soul is better but still a great record.

holy shit you're so stupid

The Yardbirds exist, dumbass

>Indian music isn't psychedelic music
but see my friend is? quiet down peasant and get rid of that beatles agenda, it stinks

Yes. See my friends is psych music.

but first psychedelic song over yardbirds, ticket to ride and byrds? fucking clueless

>ticket to ride
lmao

>I've seen you in these threads before with the same posting style
What was the discussion?
>so why not ticket to ride? they're not that different
Clueless.

Deleted that post because I realized I've been arguing with the same person for a few years. I'm leaving this place .

Do it. Go back to plebbit, autist.

Sorry, what post did you reply to? I can't see it.

Yup, the autist I've replied to deletes the post kek, can you believe it?

Sorry, I still can't see it.

Yea, it's a permanent delete.

I just went to check the mail and made breakfast and I still can't see it. Help me.

Me neither oWo'

>DAY AFTER DAY ALONE ON A HILL

Attached: 64930D6B-C871-4D32-8A95-7DEB505DD31F.gif (354x286, 60K)