At what age did you realize Bleach was by far the best Nirvana album?

at what age did you realize Bleach was by far the best Nirvana album?

Attached: bleach.jpg (460x463, 59K)

BASED

How is it?

Only serious answers please.

OP here im not even joking
it's their heaviest and most fun album, it shows the Melvins and Pixies influence more than any other Nirvana album

IS THERE

>have great songs like Blew, School, Negative Creep and Scoff
>people don't know them

When I cut my wrists and banged my head against the wall to Negative Creep on repeat.

School and Blew are easily 2 of the best songs Nirvana ever released

>Pixies influence
On which songs?

because just listen to Paper Cuts, it's true noise rock not pop-punk shit

I guess the lyrics

i mean, Scoff literally sounds like if you mixed a pixies song with a melvins song.
but you mainly just hear elements from Surfer Rosa and Doolittle (although much less eclectic) throughout the whole album

Meh i can't hear any Pixies influence in Scoff (or any Bleach song either). Almost all the album was composed between 87-88 and i highly doubt he was much influenced by Come on Pilgrim/Surfer Rosa era Pixies at the time, he didn't digested and incorporated them in his songwriting then. I hear a shitload of Scratch Acid and My War era Black Flag tho.

15, it's always been my favourite Nirvana album, my gf is a pleb In Utero fan

Bleach > Incesticide > Nevermind > In Utero

Good fucking taste
What do you guys think of Incesticide?

Aneurysm is GOAT then it's a good compilation.

I grew up playing with a drummer that was into Nirvana pretty heavy, and this was the first cd he let me borrow. Hearing the contrast between Floyd the Barber and the "nirvana" sound I was used to hearing on the radio blew me away. I listened to every album and all the demo bullshit and it still doesn't even come close to the rush I had listening to Bleach. Bleach was dirty and violent and less about living up to expectations. Expectations are what made Kurt suck later on down the road.

>this album is good cuz its fun!!!

Attached: (you).png (621x702, 56K)

It was folk music for a modern era of retards that felt like their stardom was attainable. Nirvana is responsible for multiple idiots buying instruments and thinking the success they had was easily attainable by just learning how to do a power chord on guitar and literally nothing else.

>Nirvana is responsible for multiple idiots buying instruments and thinking the success they had was easily attainable by just learning how to do a power chord on guitar and literally nothing else.
Wouldn't that be AC/DC?

No no no no
In Utero is good, wake up

OP here
you're right but In Utero is betterthan Nevermind

>this album is enjoyable to listen to so it's bad
dude you're so smart

Attached: airhead.jpg (710x675, 64K)

absolutely agree Nevermind is a masterpiece but Bleach slaps so hard and i knew it the second i heard it

Is it just me or does About a Girl sound like a post-punk song when the drums come in?

For those unfamiliar with "Bleach", I think it's worth noting that Dave Grohl is not on this album. Instead, you have Chad Channing and Melvin's drummer Dale Crover (on 3 tracks) ... so the overall sound is a lot heavier and closer to sludge/noise rock.

>Dale Crover on 3 tracks
oh shit i didnt actually know that, makes sense though you can really hear the melvins influence

*Melvins'

Yeah. Dale plays on "Floyd the Barber", "Paper Cuts", and "Downer".

He recorded their first demo with them, which was actually ten tracks. Those three, plus 5 songs on Incesticide as well (Aero Zeppelin, Mexican Seafood, Hairspray Queen, etc)

Also, Jason Everman (the guy credited as 2nd guitar who also appears on the cover) did not actually play on any of the recordings.

>Dale plays on "Floyd the Barber"
that makes so much fucking sense

>it's their heaviest
=/= better
>most fun album
So, for children?
>Pixies influence
They recorded this album before they gave a shit about The Pixies you dummy
But the better would would have the perfect mix of both (see In Utero)

Fun fact: They only got Everman to join the band so he could pay for the making of the album.

Then they fired him.

Damn.

Last I heard he was a School Janitor.

>>it's their heaviest
>=/= better
turn off the computer and put the dick back in your mouth

Attached: big-sipp.jpg (720x678, 50K)

Also, he was in Soundgarden after being fired from Nirvana.

He was also fired from Soundgarden as well.
Found the child.

>Expectations are what made Kurt suck later on down the road.
his music literally got better and better until he died, despite him losing all interest in it.

All 3 of their albums are fantastic in different ways.

It's a fantastic album, but a bit inconsistent as far as songwriting quality goes. Also, it really only showcases Kurt's more heavy influences while keeping the rest of them at bay, with only occasional sprinkles (About a Girl).
It sounds like Nirvana already, but in a early, slightly undercooked phase. I think Incesticide is better due to the sheer variety (plus it has some of their best songs).

>no love for Downer

great little song. check it out guys. :^)

>that guitar solo on school
holy shit kurt

Attached: 1454634493341.png (424x501, 251K)

A lot of the cuts on it were a tad rough, the songs were fun but at some point for me they all meshed together. I'm gonna keep it real with you chief and tell you that I think "In Utero" is better

at what age did you realize Pablo Honey was by far the best Radiohead album?

how can radiohead even have a best album they all suck

Its definitely solid, but In Utero is their best.

being contrarian is a meme not a personality

the best songs on bleach are better than the best songs on in utero but in utero was more consistently great. bleach had a few flops

nevermind was trash

Worst album cover.

>For those unfamiliar with "Bleach", I think it's worth noting that Dave Grohl is not on this album. Instead, you have Chad Channing
>Chad Channing
kek
I wish Dave had never joined, he's so awful.

>at what age did you realize Pablo Honey was by far the best Radiohead album?
The Bends is the best Radiohead album

Are you retarded? Is drumming is great

ANOTHER

Same age I grew out of Nirvana, 16.

>It's one of those "Yea Forums doesn't understand an album being enjoyable" episodes

Attached: 1551750015611.jpg (953x783, 304K)

Yeah, but he's an awful person

based

10. It was my first Nirvana album