This is just mumble rap made for teenage girls

This is just mumble rap made for teenage girls.

Change my mind.

Attached: when_we_fall_asleep_where_do_we_go.png (595x558, 299K)

wow user you snapped i cant believe you went that hard on her like damn that is the tea sister

go back to plebbit

Attached: 1438385537386.gif (400x300, 2.01M)

Nah.

I like it and I'm not a teenage girl

You're just a retard

mumble rap is already for teenage girls so

Not white ones.

It's a good album, again you fucking closet faggots hate this because of the fans.

>shit vocals, poor vocal range, bad enunciation
>corny lyrics which attempt at being deep and woke but aren't
>production borders on decent to meh
>whole album feels like it's cashing in on already popular music trends
Nah.

>She was homeschooled her whole life,
She has to be autistic, right?

It's worse than Ariana Grande

>Still posting shillcore
When will this meme end?

kill yourself nigger

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm a female on the autism spectrum (pretty mild; I pass as neurotypical in most situations except for a few quirks and "zoning out") and some of Shillie's mannerisms remind me of my own.

agree with all of this except
>bad enunciation
that's not a negative (or a positive), just a style

It's what makes mumble rap so unbearable. Shillie is just a white girl mumbler who uses less autotune.

>'billie is already falling off guize she's flavor of th month"
>bad guy just hit no. 4 on billboard

Fucking lel.

Actually that furthers the idea she's just a trend, not a game-changer. All the success she's gaining now will be impossible for her to replicate on her second album.

i wonder how the financials of this project are looking

a lot of the songs charted but most of them are falling except for "bad guy", does interscope consider that a success? obviously they might not be looking to recoup all their marketing investment on the first album+tour, but it still has to do. some of her songs were getting put on spotify "new song" playlists back in september when they were already a year old (like ocean eyes) so the payola going into it to get these songs on the charts has gotta be pretty high, otherwise we would see every major label doing it with new acts

Stupid fucking idiot

I think Ocean Eyes is still lingering at the bottom of the Top 100. Imagine releasing a song in early 2016 and having it finally chart a few months before your album is released. There was a huge PR/payola backing for this girl very early after she was signed.

I think she's going back into the studio right after her tour is over. No way Interscope is going to let her die when her flame is still hot.

It's a success if they can get one huge hit.

yeah but she doesn't have much versatility as an artist especially with such a limited vocal range. and, her brother writes/produces everything, meaning she isn't even a good enough songwriter.

With all the shilling?

She'll be back.

It's for some of the white ones too.

>With all the shilling?
>She'll be back.
But for how long? Her fame is primarily the product of 1. the SoundCloud wave, 2. social media clout, 3. payola. Once the first one dies how will the other two hold?

No one's famous forever. But I doubt it will go away after one album cycle.

But what will her second album have to stand on, given that her "scene" (SoundCloud cRap) is almost dead as it is? Musically she's a one-trick pony.

Social media clout will last for a good 2 years at least

It didn't for Lil Pump. He has 18 million IG followers yet his follow-up album tanked.

Denzel will give her more features which will keep her clout machine in hip hop running.

Gotta be a man and provide for wifey somehow.

Goddamn retard

'Sup Soÿtano?

not bad for an album written and produced by 2 people. compared to a lot of other garbage in pop circles, it's at least pretty damn authentic

Holy shit, hi Anthony

I just came to this thread to say listen to Injury Reserve

Attached: ir.png (1600x1600, 2.01M)

There is nothing authentic about this girl.

>This is just mumble rap

How?

She's 17. Name an artist around this age that's "authentic"

what's authentic mean to you? does it not mean making music that you like? or to you does it mean when someone makes music that YOU like?

Billie doesn't really sing on most of the songs, she just whispers which in practice sounds no different than mumbling. Listen to Baby Goth (another industry plant) and tell me she doesn't sound identical to Billie.

Beats mostly sound like ripoffs of south Florida SoundCloud shit. Why do Bad Guy, Xanny, and Listen Before I Go *need* a distorted bass if not to sound more like that musical trend?

It's not rap though?

It means not doing what the label marketing department tells you to
She's just a product

It fits perfectly within that wave.

Besides, Billie is now considered a "part of hip hop" by many rap fans. Same types of beats, same shitty vocals, she just uses less autotune.

what evidence do you have for this

I get what you're trying to say, I agree it's garbage, but mumble rap is already for teenage girls.

It sells better when the product is a teenage white girl from Hollywood, rather than a face-tatted black kid from south Florida with a lean cup in his hand.

Most SoundCloud rappers make tunes in their bedrooms too, with beats they buy from local producers at under $100, but they aren't seen as "musical prodigies" the way Shillie is.

You know this girl personally?

no i don't, and i assume neither do you.

Lucid Dreams wasn't "rap" either.

>you must be 18 or older to post here

Attached: 1527353647413.jpg (373x498, 48K)

We need to counter-shill this brat. That's why we respond.

But she doesn't rap so how is she a mumbler rapper?

The only people who unironically enjoyed this album were underage and female so yes.

Her "I'm so suicidal waaaa" shtick has everything to do with Interscope trying to cash in on X's death.