Does Yea Forums actually like this? What's the appeal?

Does Yea Forums actually like this? What's the appeal?

Attached: 220px-Trout_Mask_Replica.png (220x220, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oDJIqAJavmQ&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=-FhhB9teHqU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Listen to it more times. also listen to Safe as Milk

Put it on repeat and your brain decays.

second best rock album after Twin Infinitives

youtube.com/watch?v=oDJIqAJavmQ&feature=youtu.be
I like this music I use it in my own
but this is a little funky

keep listening until you succumb to its madness. it will happen eventually. it’s inebriated.

youtube.com/watch?v=-FhhB9teHqU

FAST AND BULBOUS XDDDDD
SO QUIRKY... LMAO...
*holds up spork*

It's shit. Yea Forums is into coprophagia

I love this album, but i don't understand people that praise it as high art. It's just fun, absurd rock music. You either enjoy it or you don't, don't try to force it.

it appeals because it's anti-music

That's the thing, it is extremely dense, full of musical ideas but also silly, fun bullshit.

It appeals to kids that like quirky shit and it appeals to adults who can understand the skill involved. Who it doesn't appeal to is kids trying to act like adults who can't stand anything out of the ordinary. Tweens and small minded adults who are too eager to fit in.

I think if you dislike this album you're either retarded or not musically literate enough. Either way I won't respect your opinion.

im not educated at all in theory or whatnot so i enjoy it because its silly and cartoonish

Its just a parody of popular music , it worked at the time it was released
its the same thing that frank zappa did in all of his albums basically

its good

im sorry you cant appreciate fun

Why isnt this album on spotify?

this, the billie/k-pop/fotm-spammimg tweens that make up 90% of Yea Forums hate anything that exposes them as the basic brainlet faggots they are

Attached: 1557404174582.gif (229x174, 174K)

It's quite literally one of the best sounding rock albums ever made.

The problem with a lot of rock music is that it isn't really creative or audacious/often captures the limitation of the artist's identity and perspective.
TMR basically took instrumentation to a new extreme that showed really the full capability of expression and form in rock music.
The music is absolutely free. There is so much amazing complementary phrasing and tonality that it basically ascends a new height of rock musicianship.
All of the instrument work is absolutely lovely, and Don's voice is just so raw and diverse that I almost can't imagine rock progressing any further.

It's also really fuckin fun.

It's a meme you dip

TMR is the best, most innovative and influential album of all time, but only my second favourite! I prefer the debut album by The Stone Roses it's just more to my taste & doesn't have "China Pig" on it!
TMR is a much better album than Safe as Milk in my opinion & I feel that generally the songs are much stronger & just as experimental e.g. "Hair Pie" - a song way ahead of it's time. In fact it's only quite recently that anything's ever sounded like it e.g "How Does It Feel Like" by The Chemical Brothers.

I prefer the first velvets album

the songs are legitimately good, they just take time to settle. My human gets me blues is currently my favorite but it always shifts, may like ant man bee more

I think its because it was released on Zappa's label and since he completely fucked up his kids inheritances its too much work to settle it every time a new streaming platform comes out.

The album has a lot of technical aspects that people like to talk about, but it sounds absolutely ridiculous most of the time. some people (Me included) like how it sounds, other people hate it. Your own enjoyment is subjective, you either like or you don't.

Attached: 1555448526636.jpg (2048x1536, 575K)

It's fucking awesome

It’s for hipsters. Dw, there is no “getting it”. It’s unique yes, and an interesting listen, but that’s it. Same for the shaggs album. Just hipsters trying to look cool.

no, its a failed and dumb experiment

It's either a joke album that's intrinsically musical in its delivery of the humor, or a musical album that's intrinsically humorous in the way the songs are performed.

i love it, but it takes a bit to understand it, and it’s not the “so-bad-it’s-good” release it’s made out to be
in order to really get into it i would recommend listening to some music that’s technical and theory-heavy (bands such as ruins, sajjanu, the flying luttenbachers, etc. come to mind) and coming back to tmr

why? it's completely different

I like it :)

this but unironically

only scaruffi drones pretend to like this album

FACT: If you actually like this then you are absolutely a pleb

Like these guys

I LOVE YA BIG DUMMY
HAHAHA

Literally clicked for me yesterday. The album is filled with great ideas. I have no idea how you sit down and make something like this. Even today it sounds crazy innovative