What was the best concert you ever saw?

What was the best concert you ever saw?

Attached: 1511208448623.jpg (680x383, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eTx9XhLlQ58
youtube.com/watch?v=sCIT3TMntaw&t=1s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Steps

Aphex Twin

Kishi Bashi on 4 hits of acid

Grips

in terms of musicianship? Rush or Thundercat

experience? the Deaf Grapes

probably Sufjan Stevens

Tie between Elvis Costello and Hiromi Uehara

David Gilmour at the Royal Albert Hall, got VIP tickets with my dad and everything.

Or Jon Hopkins in Manchester last November, I was off my tits with my mates and he smashed it out the park. Amazing visuals and emotional throbbing beats.

Attached: jon-hopkins.jpg (960x640, 63K)

D
E
A
T
H

deerhunter

swans

unironically it was a bts concert

Boris at 930 club for the Pink anniversary tour.

Honorable mention goes to Deerhunter on Fading Frontier tour

I saw Fleetwood Mac not too long ago, they were fucking awesome

NMH in 2014

Attached: Jeff_Mangum_2014.jpg (2140x2140, 424K)

It's been ages since I've been to 9:30. I think the last show I saw there was Carbon Leaf back when Kegs and Eggs was still a thing.

Best recent concert: I saw DADDY LONG LEGS a few nights ago and they fucking killed it. Best current live band imho.

Best concert ever: The Cure when I saw them four years ago. They played for three hours and had 4 encores.

Clearly no one itt has been to an autechre show
sunn O))) also an acceptable response

Gonna have to go with Meshuggah. Protest the Hero claiming number 2

Kanye

Attached: CABCC8B6-F2DA-4E5D-9DE5-64014EB03CE1.gif (360x270, 2.27M)

None that i remember

Belle and Sebastian, twice

WEEN

sincerely and unironically lamb of god

Either Devo Hardcore or Jeff Lynne’s ELO

Homeboy Sandman and Aesop Rock

Sonic youth on the eternal tour before they broke up. I was right next to Lee Ronaldo’s amp. Blew my ears out and was absolutely fucking amazing

The Bad Plus.

nigga I don't leave my house

Attached: 220px-Symphony_X_album.jpg (220x224, 18K)

Machine Girl last December. Seeing them again next month.

Neutral Milk Hotel in 2013 or Sun Kil Moon in 2015

What tour did you see Autechre on? I saw them last year, I was hoping for more of their beat driven stuff, instead all their set was very very sparse ambient with plinky plonk sounds randomly spatter throughout. It was interesting, and the experience of seeing a live act completely in darkness was unique, but I'm still not sure if I actually enjoyed it or not

Fucking nice

Saw him on that tour
He was great but Circulatory System impressed me more, honestly

Perturbator open for John Carpenter

Attached: 1557934074787.png (299x319, 191K)

Tame Impala is up there for sure, although Of Montreal, King Gizz, and Spiritualized have really impressed me as well.

Attached: 20190505_212319.jpg (3264x1836, 1.74M)

Bach

Linkin Park on the Minutes to Midnight tour in 2007, I was 13 and I haven't felt the sense of wonder and community I felt on that day ever since. I know it's because I was young and dumb, but I miss the purity of being able to entirely completely enjoy a Linkin Park song/album/concert

>hasn't been to a Mozart concert

Pleb

What a different era

youtu.be/eTx9XhLlQ58

I was about to shit on Linkin Park but it sounds like it was actually a great time

Unironically Death Grips. The energy was insane and they put on an amazing show. That or King Gizzard and The Lizard Wizard, that show had a surprisingly fun mosh pit for the entire set.

This. Either Bend 2017 or N2 of Edgefield last year for best Ween shows Ive seen.
Honorable mentions to
Swans on TBK tour
Sun Kil Moon touring Benji
Man Man w/ Rebecca Black
Godspeed You! Black Emperor @ Mountain Oasis Fest

David Byrne. Whole show was choreographed that complimented the music. He was so upbeat the whole time, and it was cute how he introduced all the literally who stage musicians.

Excellent show. Happy Colored Marbles is incredible live.

They were great. Saw them in a really small venue, and they were very sociable before and after the show. Robb Sonic was also there IIRC.

Attached: 1557935684080.png (500x522, 116K)

Oneohtrix Point Never playing pretty much all of GoD in Houston off a tab and a half. I cried my fucking eyes out to I bite through it

Close Contenders:
Daughters (first show after YWGWYW was released) in RVA on halloween
Ryoji Ikeda
Zeal and Ardor
Show Me The Body in someone's living room

fag lol
saw Dan Deacon and AnCo there on the live album date, was sick as fuck

I've been going to metal and hardcore shows since I was like maybe 15 and Death Grips live a few months ago was by and large the most unsafe I have ever felt at a show, I 100% felt like I was gonna suffocate or get trampled. great show tho

ajj for the people who can eat people anniversary tour with just the two guys
xiu xiu
swirlies
kkb

Yo I saw that tour, it was fucking tight

But my fav is a toss-up between Fleet Foxes within days of helplessness blues dropping, Tricot last year at a festival in Tokyo, or the first time I saw the guitarist Joseph Allred play live

i blew out an ear drum at a Dinosaur Jr. concert back in like 09

it was pretty decent

Dinosaur Jr in 2013 probably contributed to my mild tinnitus now, loudest band I've seen along with Boris when they did their Flood tour in the same year

Godspeed was an amazing experience

i saw him when he was opening for guster once. no acid but a hell of a show from them both

Death Grips, my ear plugs fell off half way throughout the concert and I couldn't tell the difference between big house and steroids 3, I had tinnitus ever since. Best concert ever

Godspeed in 02 in Cologne. I was 17.

Twenty One Pilots

Playboi Carti

You must be 18 or older to post on Yea Forums

Arcade Fire or Swans or Mount Eerie

I know a dude in his 30s who loves 21p and spent over 500 dollars on floor tix to see them. Great guy introduced me to a lot of crazy music.

King Krule at the Black Cat
Frank Ocean at Panorama Fest, NYC
Dinosaur Jr. at 9:30 Club

Radiohead in 2016 at the Shrine, front row. It was amazing

Xiu Xiu doing twin peaks was pretty cool. Fourtet was really good at this festival but i missed a lot of him because I had to organise an auto-locksmith :^(. I also saw an dj drop Breathe just after Keith Flint died and it was fucking awesome.

deff grapez. Got my nose broken during System Blower, amazing time.

Kanye West on the College Dropout tour.

grimes was the squeakiest concert ive ever seen.

what do you mean? like in pitch?

Porter Robinson Worlds

David Byrne

Neutral Milk Hotel, god it was magical, to hear a band live which I had obsessed over in my teens which I had never thought would get back together after reading all the rumours about Jeff and how he had a breakdown and was living in a cave in New Zealand. I feel sorry for people who never got the chance to see them during their reunion tour

>like in pitch?

yeah. she also shrieked as well as squeaking. ive seen her twice and had a good time both sets.

Drive Like Jehu played an absurdly small venue as part of a small number of "warm up" shows for their reunion at Coachella (they got paid ~$400,000 to do it.) I saw it and felt like the top half of my head had been sheared off. I could barely stop smiling the next day- or hear anything. Fucking incredible.

Ramones last concert in argentina

its death gripz !!!!!!!!!!!

Deerhunter at a tiny theater in a tiny French town last year. Their show was note-for-note flawless and the venue was so intimate.

Runners up are Ty Segall's pitchfork set, Fleet Foxes while stoned out of my gourd at the Chicago Theatre, M83 on their "hurry up were dreaming" tour

I've seen only three shows in my life, MBV, Americ AnFootball and Mew

MBV was good, it was more of an experience more than anything, AF was so so and Mew just absolutely blew the doors of anything I've ever witnessed in my life, music or otherwise. They played Frengers in full and the venue was so intimate and the crow was filled with some very nice people. Just an amazing night overall and as a band they've really nailed everything. Impeccable musicianship, energy and stage presence. Watching Silas and Johan lock in on Repeaterbeater was the coolest thing I've seen in my life because it finally taught me what a rhythm section is supposed to do, more than two years of music undergrad

Attached: IMG_20181012_231352.jpg (3264x2448, 3.17M)

Dire Straits, 1983, Love Over Gold tour, West Germany.

embarrassing, I know it.

My grandmother saw Rachmaninoff when he toured the US in the early '30s. She was just little and her parents took her.

Saw The Swedish Radio Symphonic Orchestra do a walkthrough of the life and career of Strauss one new year's eve. Was very enjoyable.

Dude I was there too. Sup MI bro.

i saw mew a few years ago in a small venue too. they played a lot of new songs though. i wish they played more from older albums but it was still a great night.

>My grandmother saw Rachmaninoff when he toured the US

im actually a clone of Rachmaninoff. the only viable embryo to survive the cloning process.

Had the immense honour of seeing This Is Not This Heat (reformed This Heat with additional members and Thurston fucking Moore) at the Barbican, that was an incredible experience.

It's either that or Boris, who were mind-bendingly loud. Also watta a qt

sounds comfy. i would have thought swedes would call you racist for playing classical european music without throwing in some african drums or something.

I am so fucking jealous. Did they play Makeshift Swahili?

Hell yeah dude. Unfortunately Charles Hayward couldn't really pull off the crazy screaming on that track, but it was still great. They closed with Health and Efficiency, probably the highlight of the night

Ian Anderson in 2014, but not because the concert was good. Every time something shitty happened something so much better happened immediately afterwards that completely justified it.
>Ian starts the show playing god awful solo album
>the rest of the set is Jethro Tull covers and starts with Living in the Past which he barely played on that tour
>Ian’s voice sounds like shit most of the show
>his flute chops, backing band and second vocalist completely makes up for it
>plays Boureé, fucks up, has to restart
>the crowd starts clapping along and extends the song
>plays Locomotive Breath to close the set
>a bald excited boomer gets up out of his seat and starts running up and down the aisle shouting and yelping, staff does not give a shit since it’s the end of the show
>they extend the intro until he sits back down
>plays the rest of the song, gets to the outro
>he gets up and does the exact same thing, the band fucking extends the ending for two more minutes until he sits down
>end of show
Nice I just got tickets to that.

>This Is Not This Heat
This is also my answer. I saw them in Krems in Austria in 2017 and it was really the best concert I've ever attended.

They also closed with that song when I saw them.

>a bald excited boomer gets up out of his seat and starts running up and down the aisle shouting and yelping

that reminded me of something. when i was a teenager my friends mother got us tickets to see KISS even though neither of us liked them. we still went and sitting behind us was a group of bald boomers who somehow managed to smuggle a box of beer cans into the stadium and were getting progressively smashed throughout the night, starting to do stupid dances. i dont remember much else about the show except that it was so loud it was literally painful and there was some pyrotechnics.

ive only seen TMBG, Yes, katy perry, and marianas trench so far, out of those four id say Yes, probably

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's a really good question. Every show was a little different, I don't know if I can pick one. I'll narrow it down to two.

>Parkway Drive/August Burns Red/Architects
First gig I ever went to, was probably 17 or 16 at the time. All of them put on a great show. First and last time I ever crowd surfed, also the first time I ever pitted and moshed.

>Deftones/Karnivool
Enough said really.

Attached: YES.jpg (712x534, 206K)

>Deftones

ive seen Deftones a couple of times. they were awesome but the crowd kicked my ass.

OMD was the best show I have been to so far.

Weird, I saw him twice in the years around 2014 and he was great. The tour where he did Thick as a Brick in its entirety was particularly great.

Modest mouse

Swans w/ Xiu Xiu @ Trees. Anybody who went to the TBK tour knows what I'm talking about

Attached: 1389144062327.jpg (421x427, 46K)

It really was a great show. I can't wait to see them again. There's just something about their riffs, so heavy but melodic at the same time. Honestly one of the few bands which I truly believe are getting better and better with each new release. Shit, the only band.

Based

i saw them too, terrible mixing and stupid NO VIDEOS OR PHOTOS banners

get over yourselves u faggots

Rhys Chatham - A Crimson Grail for 200 guitars

I have never been to a concert. Only ever watch clips of random concerts on YouTube. Something about watching those videos gives me a sense of being lost, and makes me sad mostly. Maybe because I like listening to music alone in my room and I know that I will never experience the supposed joy of having fun at concerts, it's a shame.

Saw Boris a few years ago in Atlanta. Fucking amazing show. Great sound quality for such a loud band.

Attached: 1.jpg (1200x899, 150K)

Spiritualized (multiple times) and Lift to Experience

Why can't you go to concerts? I mean, I have bad social anxiety, but I still make myself go to one every few years.

Badbadnotgood, jazz mosh pits are a blast

Black Midi
youtube.com/watch?v=sCIT3TMntaw&t=1s

North Mississippi Allstars at Bonnaroo, 2004.

Featuring Jim Dickinson, RL Burnside, Chris Robinson, Jojo Herman, the Rising Star Fife and Drum Band and many others.

Nice

Stone Roses in Manchester 2012. Their first official performance in the UK since they split. Magical night.

Daft Punk Alive 2007 Tour @ Los Angeles

Was a fucking magical night

>Meshuggah show
>They finish out Pravus and walk off stage
>They haven't played Bleed
>They come back with Break those Bones...
>They leave, lights stay black
>Five minutes goes by
>Bleed comes on
And five hundred beer cups go FLYING through the goddamn room as the entire fucking stadium goes from "casually watching Meshuggah play metal" to "The Bar Scene from Trainspotting". The Mosh pit disappears and the entire building becomes a mosh pit for the entire runtime of the song.

Attached: 1482165039145.png (500x388, 278K)

fucking yummy

Jacob Collier, he was duper sope

NIN at the Lights in the Sky Tour and Roger Waters in Mexico City, with the Desert Trip show.

I've seen most of my favorite bands live several times by now, but these two blew everyone out of the fucking water.

Avey Tare, but it mainly was due to the circumstances. I was in a completely different country that I've always wanted to go to, and the show was on a graveyard so that added to the vibe and a lot of what the music was about. I also met the guy alongside Panda so that was pretty dope too.

Attached: YuOzZRB.jpg (500x333, 30K)

Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra performing Kalevi Aho's Sieidi, which is his Percussion Concerto and also kind of a tone poem. Absolutely fantastic, extremely vivid too.

panda and avey playing sung tongs

NO!!!!!
will they ever tour again

Musically: Anna Von Hausswolff
Experience: Daughters

Queensof The Stone Age in 2017.
I was joking the whole time how I Think I Lost My Headache would be on the setlist but the bastards actually played it. Cried like a baby the whole song and it was amazing.

Saw those guys last year, close second when it comes to the best concert ever. They have an amazing stage presence and the atmosphere was really great. Such a bummer that I missed out on tickets for their current tour.

Attached: 61019880_608654612964179_982935688397717504_n.jpg (4032x3024, 800K)

probably justice last year, i was high on molly and the visuals were amazing

LCD soundsystem

saw tame impala in 2015 at shaky knees right before currents came out and they ruined their setlist for good

Did you enjoy seeing their tired ass faces only showing the feeling of disgust upon their fans?

Aquabats

Tool in Louisville a few weeks ago.
they're getting really trippy in their old age and they were TIGHT. You can definitely tell the level of maturity and experience those guys have playing together.