What are your thoughts on Daydream Nation?

What are your favorite and least favorite tracks? Where do you rank it among other Sonic Youth albums, and how does it compare to other similar music?

Attached: MI0003755583.jpg (500x500, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FaYlumKMZm4
youtube.com/watch?v=ot6V5Gje5_0
youtube.com/watch?v=gWm7sZcWbJE
youtube.com/watch?v=reSOp1domrU
youtube.com/watch?v=8JGBNkLM9_8
youtube.com/watch?v=7FlzryueF08
youtube.com/watch?v=6SP7FtW2qpY
youtube.com/watch?v=6MSJ8qWcmQY
youtube.com/watch?v=t4Inf3F5xQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Teenage Riot
>The Sprawl
>Cross the Breeze
>Total Trash
>Candle

The only truly great songs on here imo but I was never much of a Lee fan. I vastly prefer their Bad Moon Rising through Sister era.

Trilogy is honestly pretty underrated.

how can you not like lee?
how can you not like HEY JONI?

Teenage Riot is the only song I can remember... I ain't listened to this album since I was 13... I'm 28 now

I listened to this 2 years ago and Teenage Riot is all I can remember. I think it's an album remembered more for its general atmosphere and tone than for containing a lot of good songs

how is that even possible?

why would you go your whole 20s with no sonic youth?

is that what zoomers do?

I think Lee's tracks are criminally underrated, I like Eric's Trip and Rain King a ton. The only one of his that is generally well liked is Hey Joni.
I agree that its praised largely for the general atmosphere, and that's got to do with the sprawling nature of the songs. However I've got to disagree, I think it's their best album as far as songwriting is concerned.
You don't like Silver Rocket or Hey Joni even. Also you listed like half of the songs on the album, so I'd say that's pretty solid.

shit

I need to go listen to rain king again

been awhile.

gonna look up their full day dream performances . . .

Disc 1: 10/10. Literally, all tracks are killers, no second is wasted, masterpiece

Disc 2: 8/10. I never liked songs like Kissability or Rain King that much. Hyperstation and Candle, fantastic songs

Really a masterpiece of alt rock, in conclusion

youtube.com/watch?v=FaYlumKMZm4

any videos of the full album performance?

I cant find any...

For me it's Washing-Machine, especially the 2 last songs that are meant to be listen together :
Skip Tracer and The Diamond Sea.

youtube.com/watch?v=ot6V5Gje5_0
youtube.com/watch?v=gWm7sZcWbJE

Attached: sonic_youth_-_1995_washing_machine.jpg (1425x1406, 1.72M)

I fucking love skip tracer.

i dreamed i dream is best sonic youth song nothing compares to it

anyone else skip all the Kim tracks? I can't tolerate her "singing" on any album

Holy shit, another I Dreamed I Dream fan.

Do you even like Sonic Youth?

>anyone else skip all the Kim tracks?
Here is the pleb filter....

youtube.com/watch?v=reSOp1domrU
youtube.com/watch?v=8JGBNkLM9_8
youtube.com/watch?v=7FlzryueF08

The strangest, noisiest and Sonic Youth at it best :
youtube.com/watch?v=6SP7FtW2qpY

Attached: 1554663592573.jpg (500x375, 33K)

Really like it, favourite song is across the breeze. I like bad moon rising more

I FUCKING LOVE DAYDREAM NATION! It's been one of my favorite albums for many years now. The guitars are very meticulously arranged, especially with all the alternate tunings, there's just so much to listen to. I hear something new every time.

I feel like this album does everything prog rock was trying to do, but only succeeded once or twice (Close to the Edge, Crimson King, etc.) where you have a rock album that feels like a neoclassical symphony. In this case, exactly the kind of symphony that urban America needed, one that accurately reflects the confusion and claustrophobia of dirty East coast cities like New York and Baltimore. This was everything Branca dreamed of and more, punk taken to it's breaking point, a masterpiece in pre music- that is, music made for no other purpose than to capture the geographic area that bore it.

The logical conclusion of the New York punk scene.

sonic bump

Literally my favourite album of all time, it’s what really got me into music

Best tracks imo are
Teenage riot
Cross the breeze
Rain king
Trilogy

Sonic Youth is simply the greatest rock band of all-time

Agreed for sure

youtube.com/watch?v=6MSJ8qWcmQY

fucking youth

youtube.com/watch?v=t4Inf3F5xQQ