Why does Yea Forums tell me I’m not supposed to like this?

Why does Yea Forums tell me I’m not supposed to like this?

Attached: 8AF26AF0-3883-4C82-9C39-5130A7F28979.jpg (500x500, 81K)

it's decent but its not davis, coltrane, mingus...

you can like it. It just can't be your favorite, nor can it be the only jazz album you listen to. Build up a background of the classics, and you'll realize that one isn't that good.

It's just not that much of a credit to your powers of discernment that's all

Yea Forums-fags only care about how "le experimental" and "hard to get into" albums that literally no one knows about.
It's a great album.

Literally nobody gives a shit whether you like it or not. But if you go around acting like it’s some kind of exceptional masterpiece then people are probably going to assume you haven’t heard much jazz because it’s really quite mediocre and not really exceptional in any way except for being Japanese.

And in turn those artists are awful compared to Cardiacs, Gentle Giant and Magma.

>letting a board full of hipsters and retards decide your music taste for you

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (250x250, 10K)

It's fine, it's just annoying that it gets viral marketed a ton on youtube and shit.

Only weebs from YouTube who got recced this from some lo fi chill beats for gaming stream think this is high quality jazz

How is it mediocre?

>arguing for an album's merits by citing its efficacy in spiting people you don't like on an anonymous image board

you can go back to jazz band now, Cramer

This honestly seems to be one of the go-to arguments on this board these days for arguing the merits of an album.

This

No one that plays at a certain level would make these mistakes or confuse their playing with something that would be considered good. If any group of musicians put together a cover band session it would be picked apart in the moment. That same coverband shit goes hidden for 40 years and people mistake it like finding buried treasure.

What? How isn’t it mediocre? The burden of proof is on you to explain how it’s exceptional in any way.

When you listen to something new your default expectation going in should be that it’s “mediocre” and then depending on the music’s qualities or lack thereof you can determine whether it’s below average.

But just to humour you, if you’re looking for criticism of Scenery. The rhythm sections playing is very very basic and repetitive with no real creativity in phrasing or structure and Ryo Fukui’s playing is also repetitive and lick-based.

I've only heard this and kind of blues by Davis. What else should I

You should probably listen to

How long has this album really been youtube-core? I've had it on my harddrive since 2013 from a Yea Forums sharethread, and I've remember listening to Letter From Slowboat about that time. And I'm pretty sure it's been on the Yea Forums-core jazz chart back then too.
It's only been since maybe 2016-17 that everybody has been recommended on youtube as far as I remember, am I wrong?

this

Bill Evans
Herbie Hancock
Mingus
Duke Ellington
Coltrane
Chet Baker
Louis Armstrong.
Charlie Parker

Yeah someone from here or blogs or wherever probably started paying Youtube to get their uploads overexposed or something

>reads jazzthreadguy once
fuck off and stop pretending to know what you’re talking about lmao

hot take
scenery > kind of blue

only a weeb would say this

like whatever you want to, this is ok
there are way better piano players IMO. Corea, Tyner etc...
You, my friend, should try some Sonny Rollins

I agree just because I think kind of blue is overrated trash

Lol I’ve only seen that review because it gets posted here so often but anybody who listens to jazz should know what I said just by listening to it. Jtg just says it in a long-winded way.

lol