youtube.com/watch?v=5a_XVM7LGnk
youtube.com/watch?v=FyQ_5uLyFMo
youtube.com/watch?v=5ZKpAPpHm2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=nTSBR7eHL_I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

can
bump

hes a good boy

Attached: fd470135a46de83d638834f143e41333.jpg (522x768, 63K)

Danny Carey

Attached: images (3).jpg (259x194, 11K)

>is Ringo the best drummer the Beatles have ever had?
>RINGO ISN'T EVEN THE BEST DRUMMER IN THE BEATLES

isnt that not the joke? There is no punchline there.
its
>is ringo the best drummer of all time?
>ringo isnt even the best drummer in the beatles

He's trying his best and that's what matters

You're right I misquoted. But still, Pete Best should have been the Beatles drummer. Most songs with a tambourine in it had Ringo playing it, not drums. They'd either hire studio drummers or have one of the other band members play intricate parts. Aside from She Said, She Said and Tomorrow Never Knows Ringo has done nothing impressive. Not to say he wasn't a good fit, just not worthy of praise for being skilled.

Attached: images.jpg (254x199, 9K)

>Pete Best should have been the Beatles drummer

There is a reason why he wasn't and it's because he was rubbish and didn't bother to improve his playing.

>Pete Best should have been the Beatles drummer
I think that the fact that they replaced him with Ringo may have been a clue to how good of a drummer Pete Best was. Besides, that quote was a reference to Paul's ability on the drums. Paul plays on The Ballad of John and Yoko.

Ya know what I did some digging and you're both right Best wasn't the best, but I still feel he could outplay Ringo. Ringo just fit the image a lot better.

can someone give me a quick rundown on beatles drumming. Almost all i have heard is not incredibly interesting.
can someone explain this? So ringo doesnt play that much in their discography? Ballad of john and yoko is ok, is that really considered a better performance than anything ringo has done?

The guy from Rush

Pete Best was their original drummer. They sacked him for Ringo. Ringo played on everything after that with a few explanations. As far as I know, The Ballad of John and Yoko was the only Beatles song that Paul played drums on, and that was just because only him and John were in the studio at the time and the song was quickly released as a sort of protest single. The quote is from John and was probably a case of a truth being told in jest, but there it is.

oh look a thread about drummers and its all about ringo

youtube.com/watch?v=l3TPStb8CoE

youtube.com/watch?v=5a_XVM7LGnk

youtube.com/watch?v=FyQ_5uLyFMo

youtube.com/watch?v=5ZKpAPpHm2Q

Fuck that altin gun link was meant to be this
youtube.com/watch?v=nTSBR7eHL_I

Attached: 4594797427_1dcfba32cf_b.jpg (1024x680, 162K)

10/10 drummers?

Hal Blaine
Dennis St. John
Nigel Olsson
Ringo Starr

Attached: halblaine1.jpg (600x440, 44K)

danse manatee era

Attached: pb.jpg (600x400, 75K)

Literally the best of all time, no contest.

Attached: tonywilliams840uuper.jpg (840x565, 113K)

Attached: gingerbakerratemydrumPA-1.jpg (900x600, 136K)

Jaki Liebezeit

>Aside from She Said, She Said and Tomorrow Never Knows Ringo has done nothing impressive.

True story: I heard a Ringo radio interview where he was asked, "When John or Paul would bring a new song to the studio, did they tell you what to play or did they say, 'Ringo, give us what you got'?" He answered, "They ALWAYS told me what to play. They NEVER asked me to improvise." I don't know if he overstated things, or if his memory was a little off, but objectively, Ringo was in a pop-rock band. The songs Lennon & McCartney came up with largely DID NOT REQUIRE COMPLEX, SHOWY DRUM WORK. In fact, to play "showy" drums, like a Buddy Rich or a Keith Moon, simply would not work with Beatle songs. But on those songs that Ringo pushed the envelope (particularly from 1965 through 1967), he showed that he had it in him. He showed that if called upon, he could hang with anybody. It wasn't his fault that the songs he was playing on were so basic, from a drumming aspect.

CHEZ HATH SPOKEN! Love this guy

Criminal that he hasn't been brought up yet

Attached: BrufordGS6.jpg (450x305, 38K)

Pete Best should have never been the Beatles drummer. He is lucky he got to play with them for as long as he did. Pete Best was fucking an awful drummer. They only got him to do shows in Hamburg, He had to play without a bass pedal with them because his lack of coordination. Ringo was already in one of the best bands, Rory storm and the hurricanes when they snatched him out.

He says he wants to pick drumming back up for their next album and live performances, hype

John Bonham.

Attached: fd14863fd8fe144dd3d4105ffe027864_400x400.jpg (400x400, 31K)

Elvin Jones > Art Blakey > Max Roach

Joe Chambers > Rashied Ali > Tony Williams >>>> The Rest

Has somehow become underrated, which is unthinkable given how great he was. It might have something to do with him being by all accounts a horrific human being.

i'd prefer elvin over rashied, fren. i like his polyrhytmic approach. didn't listen to chamber's work in a detailed way. can you rec the album you like the most?

>can you rec the album you like the most?
Sam Rivers - Contours
Andrew Hill - Compulsion
Bobby Hutcherson - Dialogue

contours is one of my fave jazz albums, user. i didn't know he was on the drums. i'll take a listen to them again, thnx.

Ronnie Tutt

not even the best Chambers

post your ranking, user.

Dennis > Joe

buy my merch
(just kidding I don't have merch)
>yet

Attached: 1556905431196.png (446x477, 239K)

i like caravan

Attached: 46450890_189082168686885_4087829196636684288_n.jpg (750x724, 64K)

bill bruford, neil peart, and zach hill are prolly my favorites