How overrated is Nirvana to you?

Just curious to others opinions on the band and how much it deserves its popularity

Attached: ONEUSEONLYkurt-cobain15.jpg (968x681, 75K)

They're really overrated, but they're still good

fpbp

This
Unlike bands such as Radiohead that are overrated and bad

imagine actually thinking radiohead is worse than nirvana

I think they were very influential and their discography still holds up today as some of the better 90's grunge out there

>nevermind is the album of the decade
haha try again kiddo

It is.
Pretentious garbage, bad songwriting

There's no imagination to it, it's reality.

imagine being right

Attached: 1558149662910.jpg (750x724, 86K)

>its popular and well liked so therefore it is bad
you guys are pathetic

In Utero was better than Nevermind IMO

a good 99.99 out of a 100

So are Nirvana

I have one thing to say to the "Unlike bands such as Radiohead that are overrated and bad" ...
What the fuck?

How is it pretentious?

nirvana gets sucked off because kurt died, if thom yorke died after kid a he would be a fucking legend

this is true

Attached: 1558134180269.jpg (528x960, 63K)

Attached: 1558002432864.jpg (299x300, 11K)

>Radiohead bad

Attached: NPC.jpg (408x431, 12K)

The Bends is better than In Utero and Nevermind.

radioheadroasties SEETHING

Attached: LTC.png (717x781, 745K)

>Lets switch the topic to Radiohead in under 2 replies

Attached: Nirvana-SNL-1993.jpg (388x258, 17K)

disgusting kpop poster

Jesus, Dave is looking next level ugly in this photo.

Nope, peak nirvana was way bigger then peak radiohead

in america maybe. but then you realize that america isn't the whole world

Oh yes definitely. Way more people know "Smells Like Teen Spirit" than "Creep"

this means nothing, everybody knows twinkle twinkle little star. dosent make jane taylor the biggest artist of all time? autism logic

>I’ll piss on fucking Radiohead, because of all this pomposity. This value system that says Jonny Greenwood is more valuable than Ritchie Blackmore. Not in the world I grew up in, buddy. Not in the world I grew up in.

Attached: bcgp.jpg (900x900, 91K)

glad you agree. And nirvana has multiple hitsongs on top of that that everyone at least recognizes

Source?

Considering were talking about radiohead and nirvana and not a common nursery rhyme I think its fair game.

I return to them more than any other of the major grunge bands.

It's true, though
Radiohead is shit.
>muh experimental noises
Besides their lyrics pale in comparison to Nirvana's

At least Kurt killed himself
Btw, Radiohead wouldn't exist without Nirvana

Unironically Google

MUSIC BAD IS GOOD BECAUSE IT'S BAD
Yea Forums and "true" Radiohead fans in a nutshell

Attached: pajeet.png (294x415, 147K)

Dude the fact that some obscure harsh noise artist I listen to is less popular than a band that uses actual melodies and hooks means that the latter is overrated

you are still making the argument that more popular or well known = better. which is profoundly stupid

Dude, I bet that noise artist is more popular than the obscure field recording artist I listen to so that means the noise artist is overrated

its you who changed the goalposts from popularity to good, boyo

Imagine thinking a band that managed to dilute idm even further by ripping off aphex twin is actually good LMAO

i made the first post, which wasnt about popularity or quality and you retards went off on some spastic tangent about how nirvana was bigger. thats not even the point i was making from the beginning, i will not be replying to you anymore as you are dull

It's okay if you like Nirvana more than Radiohead. I love Nirvana too. But saying Radiohead is bad is stupid. Maybe it's not for you.

I mean there is some truth to that. Take a look at a band like the white stripes. They're not the greatest musicians and they're music is pretty simple. But the imperfections and rawness in their sound is what gives their music so much personality a.k.a. it's good because it's not good

we where replying to a post saying Thom would be a legend too if he kyssed himself

I never said they were better in the first place. I was originally agreeing with someone that Nirvana's peak was way higher than Radioheads

they definitely deserve their praise. I don't think they are overrated at all.

>best grunge band vs most overrated britpop band
hmmmmmmmmmm

I like them and I have a really weird synchronicity thing because Kurt was found dead the day I was born and everyone calls me bean. Not left-handed at least so I know it's just a weird coincidence. Good tunes, great for people that feel like outcasts.

Very overrated