Am i being memed here?

am i being memed here?

it's not very good

Attached: 220px-SwansFilth.jpg (220x220, 6K)

you are

Do you like noise rock?

i thought i did, but oof

it is not a good album and swans are unbearably pretentious. at least sonic youth had some songs to actually reinforce their attitude

BE STRONG
BE HARD
RESIST TEMPTATION

Attached: 1551071445534.jpg (327x239, 10K)

pleb

I enjoy but it's definitely for different people. You either really like it or you don't and that's not a bad thing.

It's one of the least talked-about snaws these days, nobody really calls filth outstanding anyway. Just go to their later works if you don't enjoy it.

You're not very good

Attached: uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.png (226x219, 96K)

That’s because this is industrial more than anything, just look at a live gig from their early days.

If you like nu-Swans but not a fan of Filth, pic related should be your cup of tea

Attached: image.php_id_218_size_1024_g_profile_virtuallabel.audiosalad_grande.jpg (600x600, 59K)

It just means that you're not hard.

>swans bad
>sonic youth good

do you have two brain cells to rub together, user?

agree with this. in my opinion gira is possibly one of the least pretentious artists out there that i legitimately enjoy, he doesn't make shit because he thinks he's better than other people, he does it for himself. dude does have serious mental health issues though and it's obvious through his music and his conduct irl

if you want to hear some of his stuff that's not full of screaming, try angels of light. it's the project he started up after he stopped feeling passionate for swans (before starting it up again later). if you don't like the music there either then that's fine and you do you but i reserve the right to think you're a faggot

Sonic Youth's no wave influence was barely even there by the time they started writing "real songs" too.

Filth is great but its like a pop version of the other no wave acts at the time.

But I’m Insane is the best song they ever made

>pop version of what other no wave acts were doing
Wasn't that just the B-52's? You'd never hear Snaws on the radio.

Well I was mostly comparing them to the stuff form No New York since Swans actually possessed a melody to their songs.

it's their worst album, if you want good early swans go listen to cop or holy money

>Swans actually possessed a melody to their songs
>implying contortions and DNA didn't
teenage jesus and mars just didn't have melodies in the same way was because lydia lunch was a hack who couldn't actually play guitar and just picked random patterns that looked cool.

cop > filth

Is there a better album to represent masculine rage?

Rage is not very masculine.

DNA was very cubist, and unlike some of Filth's headbanging songs like power for power, DNA's compilation is completely morbid, and janky.

THE POWER THE MONEY THE SEX FOR THE POWER FOR POWER FOR MONEY FOR SEX WOOOOAAAAAAAA

I never thought I'd hear The B-52s and no-wave in the same discussion yet here we are

Attached: 6e9.png (600x1000, 633K)

holy pleb. Swans was way more extreme than anything on No New York

They both derive from the same sort of New York sound

suck my dick

This is actually their best album

no, they were harsher in their sound, but they weren't as experimental.

listen to it again while strength training

FLEEEEX YOUR MUSCLEEEEEEES
FLEEEEEEEEEEX YOURRRR MUSCLESSSSSSSS

I’m sorry you don’t get it op

OP hasn't flexed their muscles enough

smartest career choice they ever made. if you seriously think their early shit is better than the stuff they released on SST then i feel sorry for you

Don't be so quick to shoot down Swans, OP. If Filth isn't for you, go listen to some of their other stuff, like Soundtracks for the Blind or The Great Annihilator or To Be Kind. Filth isn't regarded as one of their best albums and they've experimented with lots of different sounds. I'd also recommend Gira's other projects, like Angels of Light or The Body Lovers/The Body Haters.

Even read one of Gira's books, The Consumer or The Egg. That's how I got into his music.

Please OP, it matters to me personally what you think of my favourite artists. Please learn to love them.

>SST

So the early shit? I'm talking about Daydream Nation and onwards. Evol and Sister were transitional albums, they were still sorting that songwriting shit out even if they did pen stuff like Star Power and Schizophrenia at the time. Also, I'm pretty partial to Confusion is Sex.

listen to it again on meth and LSD in a basement dungeon apartment surrounded by construction

You're just a pleb, I don't even listen to noise or industrial and I think Filth is a great album.

zoomers are dogshit thread #394859328450928

its amazing, first get familiar with some more noise, and industrial(no not NIN.)

I meant the self-titled EP and Confusion is Sex on which they are still very much tied to no-wave. I am not a fan of no-wave but I still appreciate a few songs on each of those records. Bad Moon Rising is their transitional record. EVOL and Sister captured everything that was initially cool about the band and also demonstrated their songwriting ability. Daydream Nation was the beginning of their downfall as far as I see it. It has some of their best material for sure but at the end of the day it's a big bloated double album and very uneven. But thanks to all the critical praise that one received they absolutely disappeared up their own asses afterward and never came back.

>tl;dr sst sonic youth is best sonic youth and it's not even close