What record player do you use

What record player do you use

Attached: lp-max.jpg (1440x1398, 458K)

an Audio-Technica
I'm not a tech person, I don't know if it's any good

Goldring GL75

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 16.53.35.png (592x442, 391K)

project debut carbon
It’s ok, but not great.
A lot of people have them and a lot of people will give you shit for having it

Kinda cool. How old is that thing user?

1960's-70's. Idler drive (a rubber wheel which connects a conical spindle on the motor to the platter underside), which also means it goes from 16 up to 78 RPM.

Parts can all be found on Ebay as well.

foobar2000

at-lp3

Rega RP1
It’s pretty good for the price

>project debut carbon
It's ok, but not great.
rega planar 1 is cheaper and better all around

for newbies:
the more components are put together into the same piece of equipment, the shittier it is.
>record player + preamp
entry level, it is acceptable but higher quality turntables will not have built in preamp
>record player + preamp + amplifier
if you are going down this path, pick an old player, they are usually very big and often also have radio and cassette player, they are sturdy as fuck and not as bad as modern ones
>record player + preamp + amplifier + speakers (like the one in OP ) do not buy shit like this, absolutely worthless piece of shit, horrible sound (even with external speakers), plasticky and will greatly accelerate the aging of your vinyl discs.

about vintage turntables, they are a double edged sword. They are usually much cheaper, sturdy and good quality (depending on the brand, of course) but they can die at any moment and finding components, specially original ones, are starting to be very hard, if not impossible, so try to get a vintage one that has been looked by a professional and preferably with warranty.

the absolute minimal requirements on a turntable is counterweight on the tonear and standard half inch space between the nails on the headshell to be able to change the cartridge (like in picrel)

Attached: turn-table-wallpaper-10.jpg (3840x2400, 1.91M)

Old Pioneer I took from my dad. It was entry level in its time, but works quite well. The only gripe is this auto-return system for the tone arm, which uses a Rube Goldberg contraption to reset itself after a side is done. It only works correctly like half the time so I'd prefer if it was disabled. Also missing a dust cover, replacing it would likely cost more than the entire thing's worth.

technics sl 20
kinda wished i had held off on this and bought something that wasnt so boring like an sl 5 or a vertical one

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 989K)

I didnt ask

Rega planar 3 with a Nagaoka mp110.

used to have a similar turntable.
I didnt like the P mount cartridge as it limited my aftermarket options.

I eventually picked up an SL-B2 with a original Stanton 681 EEE cartridge from the 70s for 20 bucks, and it sounds amazing. The sound separation on it is better than I've heard on any other cartridge and the dynamics are perfect.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 92K)

these are solid tables though. I have a B200 in the basement and then a stack of D2,BD25 etc that people gave me in the 90s

Rega RP1 with a GoldRing 2100 cart
Also have a Realistic Rd-8100 with a shure m44 cart (temporary, original cart is damaged)

Attached: 20180909_145005.jpg (2160x2160, 1.43M)

This ugly thing, picked it up at a second hand shop because I'm dirt poor and it was the cheapest there

Attached: $_35.jpg (300x300, 10K)

Wtf is that

Basic and cheap but has everything I need

Attached: 8734569_ra.jpg (500x344, 25K)