youtube.com/watch?v=K1BksZtf_N8
youtube.com/watch?v=5BgrGhzD7qI
youtube.com/watch?v=3X31FWlCyr4
youtube.com/watch?v=vY3os_7pxtY
youtu.be/nt_IVOSMAA4
youtu.be/cK5G8fPmWeA
youtu.be/BT5j9OQ7Sh0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There has been a drop in Bealtes interest/streams and now the paid shills are out in force

Attached: 140.jpg (342x487, 98K)

That's not
Death GripsKing Crimson,AnCO,Slint or GY!BE

>implying the best selling and most critically acclaimed artist of all times needs shilling

John's glasses looks like onion

You’re right it’s not

Looking through a glass onion

The fact that

Every Little Thing is their best pre-Rubber Soul song. Prove me wrong Yea Forums prove me wrong

You’re Gonna Lose That Girl came out before Rubber Soul

'Yes It Is'

Damn...

I love the Beatles

Paul >>>> John >>>> George >>>> Ringo

Can we please have a regular Beatles general? They're my favorite band and I could talk about them all day.

what's everyone's favourite song on Sgt. Pepper?

Attached: sgt. peppers tracklist.png (580x640, 54K)

>implying persistent strategic marketing didn't make them become the best selling and most critically acclaimed artist of all times in the first place

Attached: 115.jpg (652x654, 117K)

I've noticed a lot more Beatle posting in the paste month I think my propaganda may be working

The only album where the Ringo song is the best song

yea because their genius songwriting had nothing to do with it

Little cliche, but definitly a day in the life

holy shit

>genius songwriting
maybe for part of their career, but their success began years before they showed signs of sophisticated craft informed by emotion rather than just dubious experimentation; the chord progressions and lyrics in their pieces could be great but it was a rare occasion for them to border on genius. even still when they did flaunt more mature and engaging work a great deal of the quality of the arrangement is the result of George Martin's contributions.

I don't get it

I Want To Hold Your Hand, I Saw Her Standing There, All My Loving are all genius pop songwriting. If you think only their post-Rubber Soul albums are good you are a moron.

I know what Brian Wilson's is.

Attached: IMG_9190.jpg (750x546, 78K)

John > Paul > George >>>>>>>>>> Ringo

>past few months
Pretty much since the 2018 white album remix came out

so many books

this

Ever since that John Lennon meme took off they've been more well received.

As Paul’s first band I think they were really good, it’s a shame he had to let the other band members make songs I feel it would be a lot better without their filler songs but as a whole musician Paul is absolutely fantastic

Attached: C345E464-8850-49DE-ABED-4B9F58D938D7.jpg (1200x1140, 1022K)

lol

She's Leaving Home

With the new 2017 mix, I’d say that Good Morning, Good Morning is one that I felt I never really gave a chance to, the song sounds so heavy for the time, it’s absolutely awesome

This but Ringo did make a great drummer

I don’t even know the other members name

t. Hasn't listened to garbage like Back to the Egg or London Town

Boy band phase or studio phase?

>Boy band
When will this meme stop?

both good to decent albums

Not really

youtube.com/watch?v=pvb2hLItFpE

John was too fucking BASED
youtube.com/watch?v=u7h8N7bZZGo

Based grandma

Undoubtedly the best Beatle, holy shit.

I mean before Rubber Soul that's basically what they were.

...oh yeah...

She's not a girl who misses much...

THEY WERE NEVER REAL
youtube.com/watch?v=16Ak5AwCits

Anyone else into collecting bootlegs?

Attached: 1528484919311.png (284x284, 10K)

Why do people hate ob la di ob la da?

>that's basically what they were.
No, not really.

John's piano playing is the only good thing about it.

Its a fun stupid song
Beats the hell out of Wild Honey Pie and most of their early output

beatles is just an overrated boy band that everyone is afraid to say it sucks

Physical or digital files?

youtube.com/watch?v=VUZWSCGjkQQ

>Saturn, Moon, Earth
youtube.com/watch?v=N_cFYBYFj7U

Digital's all I have.

Paul Cold
youtube.com/watch?v=K1BksZtf_N8

John would be constantly shitposting on Yea Forums today if he was alive

So you are not into collecting then

beatles like a music beat get it

Nah

Attached: 1499457563106.gif (557x402, 3.03M)

kek

ur wrong doe

How so?

got the ‘17 mix. My review: eh, it was okay. Drums are still only on the left ear for opening Sgt pepper, wtf. Some fx are pushed a little too hard and have a digi sound. I’m sure the mono mix is better overall, but LSD, she’s leaving home, mr kite, within without you, and good morning good morning sound fantastic

Attached: 96946A70-F1DC-4083-A3F1-34E33B26509F.jpg (1300x1000, 390K)

>Drums are still only on the left ear for opening Sgt pepper, wtf
Both rhythm guitars and the drums were all on one track, so they had no choice.
>some fx are pushed a little too hard and have a digi sound.
What do you mean?

Interesting.
I’d have to give it another listen to be specific. I just remember there being some parts where I was like, hm that instrument is a lot louder in the mix than I ever remember, and like 2 or 3 of those instances sounded like they pushed those files a little too hard. Not anything terrible, just not absolutely perfect imo.
Also, no obnoxious(ly awesome) loop at the end. Was there a reason for that?

>I’d have to give it another listen to be specific.
Curious what you mean about digi sound
>Also, no obnoxious(ly awesome) loop at the end. Was there a reason for that?
It should be there.

>doesn't realise Wild Honey Pie is the greatest song The Beatles ever wrote
Pleb filtered

Why?

just fucking with you

What are you favorite Beatlegs?

>...are all genius pop songwriting
pop songwriting had much lower standards in the time of these cited songs, and even with that context in the peripheral they are mediocre in their execution
>if you think only their post-Rubber Soul albums are good...
I do think that there are well-crafted pieces on Rubber Soul but nothing special, and as a collective work it's rather plain and uninspired; the melodies and harmonies are the most engaging qualities of otherwise and vapid pop songs
>you are a moron if you disagree
do you think this remark embroiders your lack of substantial argument?

>even still when they did flaunt more mature and engaging work a great deal of the quality of the arrangement is the result of George Martin's contributions.
Examples?

you get back to your 100th listen to ella guru

Attached: 1542531042145.jpg (640x626, 316K)

Ya know, it’s like when you’re watching a Blu-ray of a movie shot on film and it looks like they applied a digital noise filter. I’m not a sound technican so I’m explaining it as best as I can.
Yeah. It’s not on my vinyl copy.

The greatest band is The Beatles. Discuss them? It's all in the music. The music states their case better than I can in a Yea Forums post.

Attached: beatlesheyjude.jpg (1500x1500, 1.27M)

fuck upppp katelynn

>I’m not a sound technican
Then you should probably stop main claims you don't know shit about
>Yeah. It’s not on my vinyl copy.
The two second hidden track is not there?

look buddy, I know what overproduced sounds like. And the producer is no Jeff Lynne and didn’t do a perfect job. It don’t take a wizard to hear that.
And did you run out of tampons, buddy? Chillax.

>I know what overproduced sounds like
Then explain it

I’m trying man, but I literally can’t hear the music over the sound of your alligator tears

>alligator tears
You might have chosen the wrong turn of phrase

>he’s actually is this mad
whoops, I thought you were trolling

What?

jej
Martin was responsible for the cello and trumpet arrangements on Strawberry Fields Forever and many other critical instrumental contributions in '67 and he was the primary inspiration for the band to seek textures and styles that not many other bands adapted to their formulae; and even their lush and pompous baroque era fell flat in comparison to, say, Pink Floyd, who were expanding the realm of much more radical and direct rock music.

astronomy domine ain't shit

>Martin was responsible for the cello and trumpet arrangements on Strawberry Fields Forever
Well, that was actually John's idea, requested by him. Also, what about the rest of the adornments of the song, The Beatles arranged and performed? Is this cherrypicking?
>he was the primary inspiration for the band to seek textures and styles that not many other bands adapted to their formulae
Citation for this? They were listening to pet Soudns at the time, so it's more likely they were just simply interested in exploring sounds and timbre. It was just convenience they had Martin to aid their quest.
>Pink Floyd, who were expanding the realm of much more radical and direct rock music.
How so?

A lot of the Beatles' string arrangements John and Paul just hummed to Martin and got him to put it on paper

woah

good one, you just listed the producers job

i find that pink floyd was much more to the point and didn't depend so much on lavish and drawn out arrangements, even as impressive as those could be, and they were more visceral and less oblique in their approach. you say that the beatles did perform and arrange on some of their most ambitious and inventive tracks—and they absolutely did—but the end product is mystified so much. they had impeccable production on their side but weren't as revolutionary in terms of outright creative expression. i made a generalization about martin being their sole inspiration for looking to uncharted routes in music, and it's good that you pointed that out, but their creative substance remained somewhat minor on the whole even as they experimented some.

>i find that pink floyd was much more to the point and didn't depend so much on lavish and drawn out arrangements
That's fine, but that doens't make them better or the beatles worse. Both were good at their own thing.
>and they were more visceral and less oblique in their approach
The Beatles didn't intend to be, so this is irrelevant
>but the end product is mystified so much
The same can be said about Pink Floyd, especially Syd Barrett
>weren't as revolutionary in terms of outright creative expression.
Other actual artists seemed to disagree with you.
>but their creative substance remained somewhat minor on the whole even as they experimented some.\
Song-writing wise, I'd have to disagree with you. There's more to music than just making feedback for twenty minutes and calling it a song.

Damn...........

"making feedback for twenty minutes and calling it a song" has more authenticity than attempting at restrained and contained pop progressions to me, but it's always to each his own. The Beatles did make attempts at being visceral and raw and even achieved it in some ways, but they were too scattered in their styles to set on one and conceptualize it to its fullest potential, at least to me. pink floyd's material has a mystique around it, sure, but beyond their image there was more exploration to be found, while The Beatles seemed to have more to their image—they did make rock more of a cultural phenomenon than it ever had been—than they had to their music. i'm glad to have disagreed in a civil manner regardless, since too much of this debate often gets consumed by arrogance

>has more authenticity
How so? How do you measure "authenticity" objectively?
>restrained and contained pop progressions to me
How was something like Tomorrow Never Knows restrained? If anything, they had a higher harmonic language than the average 60s Rock band

Tomorrow Never Knows was no doubt experimental but it seemed, like a lot of their more radical compositions, to be radical for its own sake, and they exchanged rock's most immediate and intense emotional value for their experiments in sound. I don't think there's an objective measure for any of the observations i'm making, though; it all is a matter of opinion

Fair enough. I feel Pink Floyd sacrificed actual harmonic complexity for experiments for experiment's sake-- which is extremely inauthentic. In contrast, The Beatles found the balance between the two.

I have listened to both, and every solo McCartney song and album following including Return To Pepperland, none of the other members even come close

Based
If John was even half as good of a musician he wouldn’t have gone and quit making music back in 1980

Shut up Yoko

Based fellow friends. John Lennon is complete garbage; Paul is the greatest musician that ever lived.

Attached: 04951C36-504C-40CA-B889-96208B5863CA-1696-00000217F11F9268.png (1400x917, 608K)

Thanks for the daily reminder that Paulfags are redditors.

I'M ONLY SLEEEEEPING

Paul might be a better musician but John was the better artist.

Venus and Mars is underrated. I almost like it more than Band On The Run.

fuck the beatles

God Paul is a absolute genius on bass

Listen to more music

Fellow fan
youtube.com/watch?v=5BgrGhzD7qI

ATMP and POB are better though

woah, I guess we truly do live in a society

dude

great fucking tune. the scene in Hard Day's Night where they play that song in the dark studio, with Ringo smoking a cigarette as he's drumming. pure kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=3X31FWlCyr4

having trouble finding the scene. that's all I can get from the tube

youtube.com/watch?v=vY3os_7pxtY

youtu.be/nt_IVOSMAA4
youtu.be/cK5G8fPmWeA
youtu.be/cK5G8fPmWeA

youtu.be/BT5j9OQ7Sh0
Meant this one too

Learn to play bass