Paul writes revolutionary songs like For No One, Eleanor Rigby and Tomorrow Never Knows

>Paul writes revolutionary songs like For No One, Eleanor Rigby and Tomorrow Never Knows
>Faggot John writes generic pop garbage like She Said She Said, Doctor Robert and Yellow Submarine
Why do you guys praise John again?

Attached: F722CB19-A4D7-4DDD-B182-43F605B80142-195-000000ABC7224280.jpg (384x384, 44K)

John wrote Tomorrow Never Knows.

Paul made the most important contribution to the song, though, so it's his song.

>thinking She Said She Said is generic
Shit taste. Also, Yellow Submarine is mostly Paul.

Yellow Submarine probably has as many overdubs as Tomorrow Never Knows

I'm not a big fan of John either, but he did some cool stuff like Nowhere Man, I am the walrus or Happiness is a warm gun

why can't we agree that they're both good

a ploy to stir controversy so the based beatles thread gets bumped and scaruffi kills himself

lol

>Paul wrote TNK
>She Said She Said is pop garbage
Obvious bait is obvious

she said is the best song on the album

came here to post this

*of all time
FTFY

Based

taxman is the best song though

Paul is superior in nearly every way, this is true. But John did have his moments. Dear Prudence and Julia are brief flashes of true genius.

>In a joint interview in March 1967, McCartney and Lennon recalled that the song's melody was created by combining two different songs they had been working on separately. Lennon noted that McCartney brought in the chorus ("the submarine... the chorus bit") which Lennon suggested combining with a melody for the verses that he'd already written.[5] McCartney also noted: "It's a happy place, that's all. You know, it was just ... We were trying to write a children's song. That was the basic idea. And there's nothing more to be read into it than there is in the lyrics of any children's song."[6][7]

>In 1980, Lennon talked further about the song: "'Yellow Submarine' is Paul's baby. Donovan helped with the lyrics. I helped with the lyrics too. We virtually made the track come alive in the studio, but based on Paul's inspiration. Paul's idea. Paul's title ... written for Ringo."[6] Donovan added the words, "Sky of blue and sea of green".[8]

>In 1994, McCartney discussed his inspiration for the song's concept:[9] "I was laying in bed in the Ashers' garret ... I was thinking of it as a song for Ringo, which it eventually turned out to be, so I wrote it as not too rangey in the vocal, then started making a story, sort of an ancient mariner, telling the young kids where he'd lived. It was pretty much my song as I recall ... I think John helped out. The lyrics got more and more obscure as it goes on, but the chorus, melody and verses are mine."[6] The song began as being about different coloured submarines, but evolved to include only a yellow one.[10]

Tell me again how Yellow Submarine is a John song?

I generally agree with this but John's best moments are better than Paul's imo. Paul just had more best moments.

That's basically what I was trying to say. Paul was way more consistent. John wrote a lot of shit, but his good songs are 10/10 masterpieces. How he shit out Strawberry Fields I'll never know. Dude must have made a deal with the devil.

Paul wrote better melodies. John wrote more interesting lyrics. George Martin brought their ideas to fruition and made it all sound great.

>SHE SAAAAAAAAAAAAID
>I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE DEAD

In My Life has the greatest melody of all time, though.

Paul was responsible for Yellow Submarine.