Does anyone listen to punk rock anymore or go to shows? i wanna do an album but are there still fans?

does anyone listen to punk rock anymore or go to shows? i wanna do an album but are there still fans?

Attached: 1544836807195.jpg (307x356, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thehardtimes.net/music/punk-dead-stance-enters-fourth-decade/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

youre supposed to make us want to watch you play dummy

isnt actually having songs to play come first tho?

yeah man, i'd enjoy some punk

house shows are still a thing yes

what happened to playing what you want and having the fans follow? if youre making punk music and youre worried about what people think, then youre not punk

goodpoint

that was 40 years ago

straight facts, fuck money

Don't just rehash Joy Division and Siouxsie. Good punk is still alive. If you can make good shit then go ahead.

Just go out with an instrument be as contrarian as possible and piss people off until they try to fight you

>if youre making punk music and youre worried about what people think, then youre not punk
that's what killed punk in the first place.
this is literally how pop punk got started
corporate socially engineered punk

100% this

This bruh is woke like the druid from Warcraft 3

>punk
>contrarian

every "punk" today is as pc as they can be and no, the alt-right is not counter culture.

living in a town with a pretty big punk community, they're there, but if you don't already know them, you're not somewhere where that statement is true.

But even normies listen to Coneheads, so if your punk doesn't suck and is ripping, scenes (and lack there-of) can be transcended by sheer force of quality.

beep boop

what i'm saying is, punk is absolutely dead for real

>wanting to make a punk album, but worried whether or not you'll have fans

this is the most not-punk thing i've ever heard.

ive been listening to Green Day Dookie and Insomniac and holy shit this is fucking good i miss this kind of music. Short and powerful punk songs that are catchy. Love it

It's cool to be progressive now. Not saying it's cool to be an SJW who gets offended a lot, but that's what's cool now.

punk was never about being cool

thehardtimes.net/music/punk-dead-stance-enters-fourth-decade/

Punk had a resurgence in the late 90s/00s, people got into pop punk and many of them got into older or more harsh punk as a result.

Same thing was going on with heavy metal at the time, but ultimately heavy metal won, the most visible mainstream "punk" thing for a time was so called post hardcore and metalcore, which became more and more just like metal, playing to metal crowds, opening for metal bands, etc etc. Punk became metal's little bitch in terms of any significantly visible means. There are local real punk bands all over the place but none have any success really.

yeah with that attitude

the progressives are gonna have to man the fuck up and learn to say nigga together and stop being such language paranoid faggots

It was. Sex Pistols were cool because they pissed off old people who were scared of Nazis. Joy Division were cool because of their weird live shows. Dead Kennedys were cool because they pissed off both left and right. Cool means not giving a shit what anyone thinks. And a some bands have some of that spirit now. Savages and Iceage are two examples. Iceage also used fascist symbols when starting off, but it's clear they're left wing, as they criticised Trump and their own government in an interview. Savages write songs about women that like rough sex, which still pisses of some people and their live shows are intimate and crazy. These things can be considered punk. But most of all, it's about the sound. Both of these bands have a pretty noisy sound which scares away normies.

>six million?

>it's clear they're left wing, as they criticised Trump

imagine thinking things are this black and white

you can be an actual neo nazi and think trump is a moron

That's why I included the example of their own Danish government.

>assuming anyone's going to read a wall of text

This is the extract from the interview;
>Like much of Europe, Denmark has seen the rise of nationalism and far-right political parties and an anti-immigration sentiment. “We’ve got a disgusting government these days and suggestions for laws that comes across as so baffling [you wonder] how any politician can even vocalize such things without getting impeached,” Tvilling Pless says.

“Oh, so it’s just like America,” I reply.

“Oh yeah,” Bender Ronnenfelt replies.

“Sometimes even more so,” Surrballe Wieth adds.

Probably. You might find it difficult though.

What genres other than rap are now promising?

Insomniac is based, first album I ever bought

What if I told you the Ramones and Sex Pistols were Pop Punk?

that's a race to the bottom whereas cultivating an image might actually help you stand out

people listen to and praise the band idles so it's safe to say your scene is 30 years gone and buried deep face-down

Actually no.

Play covers.

Shut the fuck up.

obviously you dont
so why bother.
its evidently not your scene
try-hard

Get dabbed on ANTIFAggot.

i say nigga all the time & i'm not black. who cares?

A good cover takes a song's basic structure and makes something else out of it. It takes away all unnecessary elements and stamps a personal mark. And it's probably the best way of learning how to write songs.

hahahaha.
no clue.
real punks dont cry like that

niggas!

white girls care immensely

just make punk rap and get yo bread up crumb boy

You can make a album and upload it bandcamp but the chance of you gaining traction based on a online presance alone is absurdly small. If you wanna get at least some attention then you should move to a big city, get involved in the local scene and cut a demo.

Thanks grampa

My father was a punk. And a redditor.

Cool argument

Pretending to be cool and successfully pulling it off isn't as easy as you think. Being counterculture, contrarian and against authority is fundamentally cool and people will respect you for doing it.

yeah, still listen to it.

>and people will respect you for doing it.
That means you're not really doing it, retard.