"some girls are bigger than other girl's mothers"

>"some girls are bigger than other girl's mothers"
what did he mean by this?

Attached: 2015TheSmiths_TheQueenIsDead_Press_030815.jpg (600x600, 96K)

it's just a stupid song about fat girls, don't look too much into it.

yeah
truthfully morrissey isn't a very deep songwriter

This. Morrissey is just acknowledging people are fat. Pretty boring song. Same with Girlfriend In A Coma. Just songs about acknowledging fat or almost dead people and just being eh about it.

>Asleep, song about just wanting to fuckin die already
>This Charming Man, song about hot dudes just being hot
>Shoplifters of the World, steal shit I guess
>Meat is Murder, don't eat meat.

I love the Smiths but the lyrics are absolutely terrible. But Morrissey is still a catchy singer.

agree
and "ask" is just morrissey pandering to his lonely teenage male fanbase. it's a simple song about being shy.

the closest he ever got to a deep or emotional song is "how soon is now". again he knew his fanbase and was pandering.

HOWEVER, I still enjoy the simplicity of the Smiths.

same here but it is fun to pick apart one of my top 3 bands sometimes
like picking apart the smashing pumpkins (mellon collie's production versus siamese dream for example)

it's out of love

that's not what the lyrics say tho

This. It's some girl's MOTHERS are bigger than other girl's mothers. It's about vaginas.

>vaginas
it's not. it's about fat girls. people like to read more into his lyrics because they can't take the fact that his songs are pretty basic and about one simple topic.

I mean, the Smiths are amazing, but I love laughing at them sometimes. That fucking music video where everyone's throwing roses at Morrissey and he rips open his shirt is gold.

girlfriend in a coma is supposed to be a bit of a dumb pop song though
i think it's the closest thing the smiths made to just a "pop" song, like, you can hear it on the radio once and get it, the melody is right there and it's one of their shortest songs

its about the boys talking about titties and asses but morrissey is disatisfied with the same ol convo about titty and ass

lol yeah
i remember a girl on some forum was trying to convince me that "hand in glove" is about arse fisting

It's so obnoxiously bland. I skip it every time it comes on. Of that's the intention then great. But God I love the Smiths

The song is not about fat girls

First album has the best lyrics. Suffer Little Children and The Hand That Rocks The Cradle are amazing. Just learned that in fact the latter was the first Morrisey/Marr composition.

I like the simplicity of them though.
>I know I'm unloveable, you don't have to tell me. I don't have much in my life, but take it - it's yours

Thought Cemetery Gates was the poppiest one? Maybe just the jangliest

No it's about vaginas, written by someone with limited experience with them, if any. Otherwise why say, "I have just discovered" besides it rhyming? The songs may be basic but Morrissey's was way too literate and full of himself to pass that off as being about just discovering fat people, which makes no sense, or else making such a lazy rhyme to begin with just because it fit.

Hand That Rocks the Cradle is about diddling children friendo

this

The fucking group just brings out the gay in me. Them flapping bass strings, twinkling guitar strings, hip swinging drums and Morrissey just beckoning me to be sexually abused.

I love the Smiths

Girl Afraid is deep.

I Know It's Over is their best work in terms of lyrics.

I fucked a fat chick who was really in to the smiths before.

"every smiths song is about gay buttfucking" is just morrissey's version of the old "every song is about heroin" trope

i remember thinking that song felt real at 18
then i listened again at 23 and i now i think i actually understand
years later i'll probably think this was nothing too...

Why is almost every album cover just a random person?

i don't know but i tried doing this for a music project and nearly got sued by the original owner of the photo

get permissions first for copywritten photos for your album covers kiddos

morrissey's has some obsession with the ordinary

morrissey likes movies and a lot of the covers are stills from movies. the guys on it are usually handsome (pic related is alain delon who's on the cover) and morrissey probably wants to blow them as well. that, or it's a famous picture that he really liked

Attached: The-Rake-Alain-Delon-01-1200x800.jpg (1200x800, 116K)

Ezra Koenig please go

hand in glove is about growing up in poverty

>cherrypicking

Dude all the great lyricists have some duds. Handsome Devil, Accept Yourself, I Know It's Over and many others have fantastic lyrics.

Not much I wouldn't have thought.