Find a flaw

Find a flaw

Attached: 71H9ZR6EGFL._SY355_.jpg (355x355, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hykdH43PpX8
youtube.com/watch?v=xDvgduEeyGk
youtube.com/watch?v=Ayn322UFMsQ&frags=pl,wn
youtube.com/watch?v=sQCv80Ac3ls
youtube.com/watch?v=18RN-frh7O0
youtube.com/watch?v=Jie32X1JVLg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's Guns N Roses

Attached: 411px-Scout_taunt_laugh.png (411x599, 259K)

Literally listening to this right now wtf
youtube.com/watch?v=hykdH43PpX8

I fucking hate the song Anything Goes. Other than that, it's pretty much perfect as a down and dirty sleazy hard rock album. Paints a perfect picture of the grittier side of what the LA scene was, not as airbrushed and fluffy as Poison type stuff and not as cartoonishly "badass" as Motley Crue type stuff.

Can't. Best 1980s Sunset Strip album by a long shot.

When I was a little kid I couldn't believe that was Axl's voice so I thought it was Slash singing the verse parts

aerosmith did it better a decade earlier

Aerosmith is nothing like them, how can you even compare? There is some Aerosmith in GnR, but there's no GnR in Aerosmith. None of the punky attitude or street level rage.

If Axel Rose died in like '94 he'd be universally herald as one of the greatest rock icons to ever exist. Instead he just kind of faded away and became fat, and by the time Chinese Democracy came out nobody gave a shit anymore.

made by white people

I bet you couldn't afford GnR tickets though, they're still a megaband, and he fucking became the lead singer of AC/DC not long ago....who can say that other than Brian Johnson.

Attached: axlangus.jpg (780x439, 70K)

This picture is so sad, they were young and cool now they're old and cringe.

Get over it, everyone ages. At least rock stars are allowed to. That's why rap is a literal trap, you have an expiration date and are literally disposable not only to the labels but to your audience.

Attached: axl-rose.jpg (790x551, 98K)

I won't argue that. Other than pop acts, older bands sell the best because boomers still actually buy tickets. I'm just saying if he died instead of Kurt Cobain, you'd be seeing constant threads of the former instead of the latter around here.

Attached: slashthehuman.jpg (320x320, 20K)

And also it's final gasp, which makes it weirdly timeless. It's like Guns hit it big and everyone said wow that's great, let's all go do something else now. Bands like Jane's Addiction and others already knew this scene was done when this came out.

Don't know why you're bringing up rap as if I don't think it is going to be cringe to watch literal granddads rapping about how good they are at rapping and how many people they have killed.

Because I think it's a shame how retarded rap fans are, as one myself despite being more invested in rock music. Dudes who should be legends in rap are now nobodies because of zoomer fucktards and the way rap has been marketed as "only what's new this week matters", at least rockers get to be old men and still be appreciated because in general, the mindset among rock fans is that you have more credibility the more you know about the history, not less, which is how rap fans think.

Not really, there was stuff that hit after Gn'R.

Attached: Skidrow-st.jpg (300x300, 27K)

>Skid Row
You, Bill Burr, and teenage burnouts maybe but not actual aspiring LA musicians. Glam was over, except in the absolute mainstream, and grunge and the alternative nation was well on its way. I'm just saying the writing was on the wall even though Guns were huge.

>but not actual aspiring LA musicians

So Skid Row weren't actual musicians? Because in my opinion they had way more talent than James Affliction. Also, they were from the East Coast not LA, so that just goes to show further that it was still happening all over and not just isolated to some withering scene in LA as you make it seem.

And yes, things were changing, you had a whole lot of different and new shit going on in the late 80's, thrash metal, weird stuff like White Zombie and Faith No More, etc, but in terms of hard rock and heavy metal the "glam" sound was still happening. I mean people probably think Warrant's "Cherry Pie" came out in like 1983 or something, but it didn't, it came out in 1990 and was a huge hit lol, literally one year before Nirvana broke.

Attached: sebastianrachel.jpg (357x500, 35K)

His and the band's peak was 2006 though?

Attached: 1540348233599.png (400x384, 206K)

>His and the band's peak was 2006 though?

Attached: axlsgrin.jpg (500x364, 26K)

That's why I said LA. I like Skid Row. I just meant in terms of LA being the center of glam and it then spilling out from there nationwide. Everyone looked to the Strip and no one in LA who wanted to make it big started a band like say Cinderella or Poison after Guns because there was just no fucking point. You might have already been in a band like that but there wasn't any good new ones starting because Guns were just too fucking good at it AND also because they showed how ridiculous it was, all the trappings and makeup and hairspray and all that. There just wasn't a need for that look anymore or the gloss of that sound, if that makes sense. That whole radio-friendly pop metal sound disappeared in NEW bands almost immediately.

Chinese Democracy is unironically their best album. And the lineup of Tommy Stinson, Robin Finck, Buckethead was kino. Better is the best song he's ever written.

youtube.com/watch?v=xDvgduEeyGk

Attached: 1554178089868.jpg (640x343, 26K)

Ah, yeah that's a fair enough point I suppose, any of the "new" glam metal bands popping up at the very end of the 80s and start of the 90s were already doing their thing for a while or in other bands that were as well so while they may have been new to MTV/radio/the world, they weren't actually "new" in actuality.

Attached: sebtumblr_mhcvngC3zS1qfcw9no1_500.gif (500x309, 980K)

I don't hate Chinese Democracy and actually enjoy it for what it is but just nah, it's Axl's attempt to apply any modern shit to the GnR sound and came out way too late which makes it sound way more dated than any of their previous stuff, it's an 80's band trying to sound 90's in the 00's.

Sex noises on Rocket Queen.

Yeah it's pretty cringey especially when you know someone got cucked in the process

/thread.

Is their a version that gets rid of them? I remember buying a copy of Appetite from a record store and it said "clean version" but it still had the swearing and the sex moaning.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ayn322UFMsQ&frags=pl,wn

Attached: 1510964898265.png (645x729, 186K)

Yeah...I know the album, it's nothing like Gn'R, it's standard 70's hard rock. It goes next to Led Zeppelin, KISS, Nazareth, Thin Lizzy, AC/DC etc on the shelf, not Guns N' Roses and Motley Crue and LA Guns, if you catch my drift. I don't really see what point you're trying to make...other than the fact that you apparently know Aerosmith music but never actually listened to Guns N' Roses, because Gn'R doesn't sound anything like them other than the obvious influence in the mix with all their other influences.

Who thinks this other than Axl at the time

Zoomer here
GNR shit on Aerosmith
I only like Sweet Emotion and Dream On from them
AfD front to back is 10/10

youtube.com/watch?v=sQCv80Ac3ls

I love Aerosmith but never cared for this track

Cool track

This was a good Aerosmith cover
youtube.com/watch?v=18RN-frh7O0

based
fpbp
/thread
underrated

uyi 1 was better

lol yeah ok

back in my day before record players people used to whistle their own music, if you had a good whistle then you were set for life

Like Axl on that song Patience

The only flaw is that every album ever doesn't end with 'Rocket Queen'.

Based

too easy -
Chinese Democracy

That doesn’t make sense

Everyone was at their best at 2009-2010 but no one cared.

Why did Axl sound so good on this tour? Why can't he do that for GNR anymore?

youtube.com/watch?v=Jie32X1JVLg

Axl is so based