He listens to music while reading

>He listens to music while reading

Attached: 1494826001431.jpg (433x419, 31K)

>it's not instrumental

Attached: 2b528f5b8b1cad7fbe5476d68b5f96d6.jpg (420x420, 20K)

I haven't read a book in at least two years. You guys read anything good lately?
I never got why people do this, the music always distracts me from the text, even ambient.

Attached: plankton in fedora crying.jpg (145x194, 25K)

>he listens to music while playing video games.

>he listens to music while reading Yea Forums

Attached: sqQlid7.jpg (900x810, 55K)

In the same kind of boat until recently. Just finished The Bell Jar and was not impressed. I'm now reading Demons by Dostoevsky and it's really quite great.

Attached: 9780375411229.jpg (271x450, 46K)

>he doesnt listen to music while playing video games

Attached: 1452206755181.png (500x338, 44K)

I'm reading Dante's Comedy and it's a lot of fun

If you haven't read The Road already I would highly recommend it. Do keep in mind McCarthy doesn't use commas or quotation marks so it takes a second to understand what's going on.

being able to listen to music as background music is the first sign of a pleb. passive consumption of music you "like" means you aren't really into music

>reading

Attached: evolution.gif (500x280, 2.59M)

Fuck off

I only listen to music while sucking cock

>he listens to music

What the fuck did I do

I think of it as the opposite, if I put something on and it manages to capture my attention that means it's certifiably great, and not muzak tier.

i can't read a novel without music

I love zoning out to some ambient while shitposting on Yea Forums

this is now a Yea Forums thread

thoughts on Stoner?

Attached: Stoner_grande.jpg (375x600, 25K)

How do I get into literature?
I really want to start reading more but there's so much to it and I have no clue where to start.

nigga just read lmaooooooooooo

I read for a living and music makes it much more enjoyable. Usually ambient, but sometimes other rhythmic music, either without lyrics (e.g. electronic or jazz), or with simple lyrics that don't demand attention (e.g. blues, some reggae).

START WITH THE GREEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First you gotta know at least 3 languages
Then you start with the Greeks
Then the Bible
Then the Divine Comedy
Then Shakespeare
Then you have to find your own road but ignore the Russians

Read whatever you want. Whatever interests you. Read the plots(most good ones don't have a single plot) of the most famous novels ever, decide which one interests you the most and read it.

literally just read anything. and go from there depending on what you like or at least something that seems worth the time. don't just read Hamlet because it's Hamlet.

>he listens to music while fapping

Attached: 1540410483144.jpg (230x230, 13K)

Stoner

Actually Hamlet is the one exception that everyone should read because it's a pleb filter

Thank you.

This is unironically weirder than listening while reading.

Remembrance of Earth's Past trilogy.

>he never masturbated while listening to Avenue D

I only jack off to PMVs

I can only listen to Autechre while I program, anything else and I can't focus

>The Bible
Why would I waste my time?

I listen to music only while taking a fat ogre shit. And it's always Ligeti.

read camus, sartre and dostoyevsky
done

>he reads music
>while listening to audiobooks

Attached: 1A342BAD-3C24-4BB5-B648-5FBCC68B00AC.jpg (903x1019, 143K)

Idk man, selected ambient works while reading is p comfy

If you're not listening to music while posting on Yea Forums you're an absolute pleb

read labyrinths recently. definitely some good stories but how may times can you write about metaphorical labyrinths before it gets old

I don't usually listen to music while reading but when I'm browsing Yea Forums or doing random shit on PC I usually put something that doesn't demand a lot of attention (currently listening to Boris' Flood) like some more laid back pop or ambient, or anything I've listened to so many times that it feels natural to me to have as background music like Pink Floyd or Sigur Rós.

never. that book is gold

That's one of the worst thing you can do

Because it influenced pretty much every other work of literature that came after?

This. The bible is just some harry potter shit a bunch of lunatics made a gang around

>1975 Reading festival
OI, I REMEMBA THAT

Attached: 1542074541701.jpg (634x533, 46K)

Attached: 1526565012226.png (644x800, 15K)

>reading
You fucking loser

Attached: 1520105187002.png (364x322, 14K)

Edit: Wasn't expecting my comment to blow up like this, thanks for all the kind words and support good gentlesirs and gentleladies! *tips hat*

Edit 2: Thanks for the gold kind stranger!

Edit 3: Thank you kind strangers for all the platinum, silver, and gold, AND 50k+ upboats! Can't wait to tell my wife and her boyfriend about this.

start with this

Attached: 1550691766582.jpg (800x1280, 224K)

Yeah I'm not into music, I've just been listening to it for about 30 years for shits and giggles.