Thoughts on this album?

thoughts on this album?

Attached: LOW.jpg (319x319, 23K)

Ashes to ashes
Funk to funky
We know Major Tom's a junkie

pretty good album, one of my favorites by bowie.

I like side A much better, the rock + electronic flair was genius 10/10
Side B is a bit underwhelming, not a surprise considering how good side A is, a bit airy but still very good 8/10
Overall 9/10

overrated, barely makes bowie’s top 5

Literally not on this album

Attached: 1556229694494.jpg (1935x1497, 457K)

>dude but its like so brave
Its shit, fuck this album

His second best album.

His best album, however, is Station to Station.

never relly got the appeal of this album, Sound and Vision still a top 5 Bowie track though

oh fuck you're right that's on scary monsters. well still this album has some great tracks. the speed of sound is a fantastic opener and subterranneans, while a fairly unpopular track was an interesting foray into ambient production for the time. obviously thanks to brian eno. but it always reminded me of oneohtrix point never or james ferraro who obviously take huge influence from earlier producers and composers like steve reich, phil glass, brian eno, andrew poppy, etc. Low is a stand out record in his discography, and while all of his albums are certainly vastly different, there is absolutely nothing that even comes close to sounding like Low in the rest of his discography.

Sound and vision is catchy as hell

Good. Arguably his best, and i think it's because he sings so little on it. The real stars aren't the songs (Bowie was never particularly great at songwriting). The real stars are Bowie's instrumentation and Brian Eno's synths and production that make this a standout record.

>station to station

thank you based user

9/10

"Heroes" is a straight upgrade, but I do like it nonetheless.

One of his best, no doubt about it.

Attached: 4215.jpg (1300x780, 177K)

while i think low is a much better album its fair to say heroes is similar

One of two Bowie albums worth listening to at some point, though not incredible. Both made listenable by Brian Eno.

s2s and low are one of bowie's worst

>makes bowie's top five
>overrated
think again, buddy

10/10

I was born in Warszawa.
Yes it is that sad.

I don't listen to it anymore.

Scary monsters is better

Attached: 1504072125299.jpg (887x768, 70K)

Very good album,but I prefer Heroes.

Bowie's best album, though Heroes and Station to Station are close runners up. Love the sequencing of the album, and how the first side is like a sonic painting of West Germany and the second side is a sonic painting of East Germany.
>both made listenable by Brian Eno
When will this meme die? Yes, Eno certainly involved himself in the songwriting process (Low far more so than Heroes, by virtue of Bowie fighting legal battles with his ex-manager), but much of the greatness of the album comes from Bowie. Subterraneans - arguably one of Bowie's finest tracks - was originally written for The Man Who Fell To Earth without any of Eno's involvement, and Side A has very little Eno outside of some synth treatments - the amalgam of American blues with European electronic music is all Bowie.

Also worth adding that The Idiot explores many of the same musical ideas that he would go on to utilise on Low and Heroes, without any involvement from Eno.