Claims to have good taste in music

>claims to have good taste in music
>doesn't even listen to classical
what's your (worthless) excuse?

Attached: Classical_montage.jpg (640x640, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=1950s&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=classical music&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&include_archival=t&include_live=t&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
youtube.com/watch?v=D0RrT6hMOgI
youtube.com/watch?v=F734PyD3NAw
youtube.com/watch?v=J4EEeu-7Hkk
youtube.com/watch?v=lQabCdxJ6DM
youtube.com/watch?v=jFgYfOOECFM
youtube.com/watch?v=HT2FXqUJLls
youtu.be/9TjEZ-xpk9o
youtu.be/06O5TWFMmPs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What do you mean? I love the beatles

oh my god you fucking moron

The Russian composers are the shit. Like how can anyone even compete with Tchaikovsky or Rachmaninoff.

I guess for me it's arduous because there's no definitive recordings of classical works, just a bunch different compositions by different orchestral groups of the same pieces. I really dislike that for some reason.

Attached: 1414442892292.jpg (1179x1269, 492K)

the pleb

intro to classical?

Beethoven’s 14th quartet is probably the greatest artistic achievement in must desu

3 hours classical music playlist for studying and concentrating youtube video

imagine being this low IQ Google is your friend. There are thousands of guides out there. You can do it. I believe in you.

Mr big brain genius over here emotionally reacting to obvious bait LMAO wtf

i dont care that much but if an user really cared enough to try and force a music style that ive never tried to get into id feel the obligation to at least try

>me
>falling for bait
I'm unbaitable

Not interested in researching all of the hundred of different recordings of some of these songs, figuring out who they're being played by, comparing a bunch of different recordings of the same songs, let alone tracking down the best ones since some of them are much more rare than others. It's just a pain in the ass when modern musicians mostly have only a few issues of any given song so atleast when you talk to someone about it you know you're actually talking about the same thing without having to go into stupidly meticulous detail. I just don't have time for this shit, music already takes up all of my time if I try to keep up with new releases from artists i already listen to.

Check out the classical section from this chart then Let us know what you enjoy so far.

>Not interested in researching all of the hundred of different recordings of some of these songs
You don't have to. Any will do, especially if you are new to classical.

I only listen to Vivaldi's Four Seasons, it sounds great on my Beats by Dre

Pretty sad because music history often weeds out a lot of bullshit and leaves the best for us to enjoy. There were probably many good artists who got left behind but can you imagine what it would be like if we had no Mozart’s to listen to? There was a lot of garbage in his day

and Scriabin

Attached: mr big dick.jpg (275x300, 22K)

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=1950s&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=classical music&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&include_archival=t&include_live=t&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
???
profit

there's no such thing as good taste in music and your farts smell worse than you think

I do, it's actually what I listen to the most nowadays. That said I mostly listen to French works nowadays.

Mozart's operas

By having taste

Going through your Russian phase is comfy. But you ultimately realize the Germans and Austrians were truly master race.

Vivaldi's 4 Seasons
Mozart's Overtures
Beethoven's 5th Symphony and 5th Piano Concerto
Chopin's Nocturnes and Preludes
Tchaikovsky's String Quartet no. 1
Rachmaninov's Prelude in C sharp minor
Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto no. 2 in C minor
Debussy's most popular youtube videos you can find
Mahler Symphony no. 1 "Titan"
Stravinsky Rite of Spring

These are noob-core in chronological order. Take your time. Spread them out over several weeks. If you don't like it, move to the next, try again later. And don't worry too much about which orchestra is playing it. You'll develop preferences of that over time later.

tfw every period has classics

When was it that you realized the Modern and Baroque periods were the golden ages for western art music

is it as good as igor?

I'm from a working class white family so I would be larping as someone from a higher class If I were to listen to classical, which has been the music of the elite. I do play and listen traditional western folk music, as that has been something from my actual heritage.

it's difficult to find certain recording from certain conductor, orchestra, or even label

fucking dead

it was actually renaissance and classical

Baroque >> Renaissance > Classical > Modernism >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Romantic

Based Scriabro.

Attached: lanad8npozgy.jpg (475x473, 88K)

>there's no definitive recordings of classical works
There are tho

ok this is an opinion I can get behind

My excuse for what?

not listening to classical

are you retarded?

>in 300 years the Beatles will be their classical

Attached: 04811388-1DC2-4F1B-B066-12FB43BE490C.gif (200x200, 1.89M)

because its 2019

Current year argument or the argument of progress/evolution won't suffice because classical music is timeless.

I listen to classical, but it's not automatically better than modern music.

Please, the master race is the French.

I'm trying to get into it. Currently listening to Chopin. What do I move onto next?

>Chopin
youtube.com/watch?v=D0RrT6hMOgI

>Ashkenazy
uhmmm

>what's your (worthless) excuse?
I don't like it

What’s some good walking around not blinking bravado like beethovens 9th

thanks boys i’ll check it out keep this thread alive

see youtube.com/watch?v=F734PyD3NAw
youtube.com/watch?v=J4EEeu-7Hkk
youtube.com/watch?v=lQabCdxJ6DM
youtube.com/watch?v=jFgYfOOECFM