Who is the superior songwriter Yea Forums? Kurt or Dave?

Who is the superior songwriter Yea Forums? Kurt or Dave?

Attached: dave-grohl-cant-listen-to-nirvana-920x584.jpg (920x584, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discogs.com/Late-Pocketwatch/release/1542262
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Billy Corgan.

Probably kurt desu.

not a huge fan of Kurt but fuck you for even asking

Kurt by far

Objectively probably Dave. Dave knows how to write for the unwashed masses.

Kurt was always sticking to his artistic vision whether his fans liked it or not.

But personally, I prefer Kurt’s writing. Has more grit, authenticity and real emotion. Dave’s stuff for the most part comes off as plastic dad rock crap to me.

its like picking your favorite son. i cant choose

Kurt’s songwriting kinda fell off these past few decades, so probably Dave

Kurt would have hated Grohls stuff

>WHITEHOUSE DEATH IN JUNE
>JIM JONES PAINTING IN A BLUE BATHROOM

Attached: dgc93.jpg (1200x998, 115K)

Considering how I only like Monkey Wrench and Everlong from Dave and Kurt's entire discography I'd say Kurt.

I was in DC when Dave broke his leg or whatever and someone asked if I'd want to wear a leg brace and send message to Dave for his shoe that week. I said sure and when the camera rolled I was in front of the Whitehouse and just said "Hey Dave, I like a couple Foo Fighters songs but love Nirvana, get well soon. I wonder if I made it in the compilation.

so fucking what. its not kurts writing, its daves. two distinctly different writers with two distinctly different styles

He hasn’t said wether he likes it or not

maybe dave's new stuff, he was pretty seattle grunge until 2007 though

Did Kurt even like Hole or was he just interested in Courtney's hole?

Kurt, no question.

> someone asked if I'd want to wear a leg brace and send message to Dave for his shoe that week

Did you have a transient ischemic attack, user? What in the fuck does that even mean?

>lol powerchords and distortion
Vs
>catchy pop rock

Wow so hard.

probably gonna hate this comparison as I don't mean in terms of skill but in terms of talent.
Reminds of the debates of Mccartney vs Lennon.
Beauty vs Truth.

so dave being a sellout corporate puppet makes him better? you just embarrassed yourself defending creed 2.0

lol both are corporate puppets you idiot

Both were shit.
This guy is correct.

Krist

>Dave knows how to write for the unwashed masses.
I'm pretty sure Nirvana is more popular than Foo Fighters

I’m pretty sure you’re wrong. I think more plebs and boomers and normies know more foo fighters songs (monkey wrench, my hero, everlong, the best, those other shitty ones) versus like smells like teen spirit, come as you are, and heart shaped box, nirvanas most mainstream commercially successful songs

lol nirvana is WAAAYYY more popular you idiot. and both bands are corporate pop shit for normies

>people buying and wearing nirvana merch and claiming to be nirvana fans =! Knowing more nirvana songs than foo fighter songs

Most people, even at nirvanas height didn’t know most of their discog. Again most normies Hopped on with them because they had a style and those 3 mainstream songs. Foo fighters has lasted just as long and has had more mainstream success than nirvana

I promise if you ask random people to name 5 nirvana songs versus 5 foo fighters songs, foo fighters win every time

dude normies do not know foo fighters. Nirvana is absolutely more well known than foo fighters, its not even close

In terms of branding, nirvana is also more aggressively marketed. Kurt's face is in every fucking middle american grocery store on magazines nearly thirty years after his pathetic life finally ended. Nirvana branded clothing is still sold at basically every price point you can buy clothes at in america. Kurt was a fag but he was a bigger fag than FF

Honestly they're both so bad I'm willing to say this

Linkin Park is a hugely better musician than either

Attached: Linkin-Park-1600-1200.jpg (1600x1200, 459K)

Kurt and it's not close

>you just embarrassed yourself defending creed 2.0
Hey, Creed are better than the Foo Fighters

Nirvana is more of a brand, just like KISS anymore, everyone knows the name and image, but Foo Fighters were regularly on MTV and radio with smash pop rock hits, but I think they were so boring everyone knows the songs but doesn't know who played them

bruh i should slap you for even asking

Attached: bro-you-just-5cb6d5.png (648x603, 325K)

you gotta be deaf if you think grohl can write for shit. kurt didn't even like his sorry ass

Attached: 1556311778962s.jpg (115x125, 3K)

>Krist is really dumb and ugly and always was

Ftfy

Kurt>Dave

However Dave has written a good number of very good songs

Excellent
>Everlong
>My Hero
>Stacked Actors
>I Should Have Known
>The Color & The Shape
>I'll Stick Around
>Winnebago

Great
>Low
>Come Back
>Aurora
>Best of You
>The Pretender
>Marigold

Good
>Learn To Fly
>Big Me
>Generator

Meanwhile for Kurt

Excellent
>Nevermind album
>Most of In Utero
>Even some of Incesticide is excellent in my opinion like Dive and Sliver and Aneurysm
>Unreleased material like Sappy and You Know You're Right are some of my favorite Nirvana songs so they go here too

Decent/OK
>Bleach

nirvana spotify listeners A 90'S NON ACTIVE BAND - 12 million
food fighters much like nirvana, a shitty pop rock band CURRENTLY active - 9 million

Dan Peters

Attached: LUL.png (135x144, 20K)

Dude you are deluded. I dont know what it is in your brain telling you that foo fighters is a bigger band, but you're just straight up wrong

Easily Dave Grohl.
Probably only because Cobain had his life cut short, though.

Marigold is Kurt's song. It just never made it on their 3 albums.

Incorrect, Marigold first appears on Dave's cassette only release Late! under the name Pocketwatch. It's a collection of recordings from 1990-92 released in 1992 semi-secretly. It sounds like the first Foo Fighters album and it's better than it in some ways. Marigold was 100% written by Dave sometime between 1990-92 and Kurt heard the cassette and liked Marigold so much he wanted to do a Nirvana version for the In Utero sessions. Why would Kurt have Dave sing a song he wrote? Sure Dave sings backing vocals on Nevermind (In Bloom, Drain You, On A Plain) but never lead vocals on a song by Kurt.

With the Lights Out version wasn't first?

Regardless it's the best take of the song

>With The Lights Out version
It was a B-side of the Heart Shaped Box single, sorry I was a mega fan as a teenager so i just know endless shit about Nirvana.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 11.22.59 PM.png (597x523, 914K)

also
discogs.com/Late-Pocketwatch/release/1542262

The original title was "Color Pictures of A Marigold"

lmao at the fucking idiots trying to defend ff

>Dave writes catchy but unmemorable middle of the road buttrock with easily interpretable lyrics
>Kurt wrote bad pseudo-punk with retarded chord progressions and didn't give a fuck about lyrics so he just came up with gibberish
Foo Fighters suck but the Nirvana/Kurt meme has to end

Attached: b97.gif (250x183, 966K)

It's pretty impossible to defend Foo Fighters. Couple great hits but the albums as a whole are usually poop.

Kurt without a doubt.