/Beatles/ General: Solo edition

What’s the best solo album/songs?

Attached: 292D87F9-2F62-463A-8E72-9104BCC437A6.jpg (715x707, 178K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nt_IVOSMAA4
youtu.be/vH6v9JS26xc
youtube.com/watch?v=wsksIr3nut4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Plastic Ono Band is the best, followed by Band on The Run.

basically all of paul/wings

hello rebbit

How so?

You posted it, bub

Attached: R-778278-1470823751-1317.jpeg.jpg (600x601, 123K)

McCartney II (with the extra songs) is peak post-beatles

Plastic Ono Band, by far. Paul made some good stuff. George made 1/2 good album.

Here's the definitive top solo Beatles chart.

Attached: Topsters3.jpg (1600x806, 929K)

having All Things Must Pass and Plastic Ono Band in second tier is dumb

Is Paul really untouchable with his mastery of melodies? He’s a genius
youtu.be/nt_IVOSMAA4
youtu.be/vH6v9JS26xc

>who is Brian Wilson
>who is John Lennon
>who is Ray Davies

Brain wilson is 50/50 could be complete genius or horseshit
Lennon is alright most of the time, he’s more of a mood and lyric musician, not really right songwriting
Redpill me on Ray Davies

Tight*

I think peak Wilson and peak Lennon are better than peak McCartney. God Only Knows and In My Life are perfect pop songs imo.
>Ray Davies
Listen to DescriçãoThe Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society. It's the closest the Kinks ever came to a perfect pop album. Some really great melodies in there.

ATMP is too long. And the fact that it was a triple album -- the third disc barely listenable, overproduced instrumental jams -- that MUST be held against the overall score of the album. Basically, had he kept it to one typical LP at the time -- say, the best 42 minutes of ATMP, I'd rank it much higher than I did. But thanks for asking.

As to Plastic Ono Band, its a good album, but its charm (its rawness) is also its handicap. Rawness causes the listener to say, "Damn, he's pouring it out! He's bearing his soul! He's keepin' it REAL!!" But that same rawness causes the listener to say, "Okay. Enough of that. Let's put on something I can sing along to." POB is NOT a happy album. It's a downer. You gotta be in the right mood to play that one.

I like my picks the way they are.

>Listen to The Kinks Are the Village Green Preservation Society*
Fixed

>Redpill me on Ray Davies
Everything between 'Something Else' and 'Preservation Act 2' is solid gold

whats best is the way he (and dave davies) weaved together multiple albums in the same way one would weave together the songs that make up a concept album

This is a bizarre list, aside from Venus and Mars, Ram, and Imagine none of the others in the top tier should be there. There’s no way Mind Games is better than Plastic Ono Band.

>There’s no way Mind Games is better than Plastic Ono Band.

Mind Games is FAR more accessible than POB.

>accessible = good
What are you doing?

fuck the beatles

Attached: 71p6KxRrXsL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 181K)

Paul is still making great stuff:

youtube.com/watch?v=wsksIr3nut4

>Best album
All Things Must Pass
>Best song
>Junk

Most criminally underrated solo Beatles albums:
>John
Mind Games
Walls and Bridges
>Paul
Back to the Egg
Flaming Pie
>George
Living in the Material World
Gone Troppo
>Ringo
Vertical Man

All these albums are great, and you should listen to them. I specifically listed the underrated ones, as everyone already knows Band on the Run and All Things Must Pass are good

This is correct

Any good ringo tracks I should check out? Never heard a solo song from him

this

Rockshow is the best thing to come out of the Beatles solo.

Attached: Mccartney76.jpg (750x750, 92K)

Listen to his self-titled album from 1973. It’s actually the closest thing to a Beatles reunion, as all four members write songs and play on it (but there are no tracks with all four of them together). Photograph and It Don’t Come Easy are generally considered his best, and both are written by George
Outside of Ringo, you should also listen to Goodnight Vienna

Fantastic fikin album

Attached: wing.jpg (220x219, 12K)

POB is shit

I don't know but Isolation is the best beatles solo song

based

John's Plastic Ono (specifically Mother, Hold On, and God) are excellent, God is one of my favorite John songs ever including Beatles. Imagine is his best record as a full listen.

Paul's McCartney I, Ram, Band On the Run, Tug of War, and Memory Almost Full are my favorites and are leagues better than the rest of his solo output unfortunately but you can ignore that and just enjoy those albums.
Too much of Plastic Ono is just rock N roll shit to consider it the best, but yes Band On the Run is fab
Too much of Wings is shite for me, Wildlife is shite, Red Rose Speedway is total shite, Venus and Mars has one or two songs that I like, Wings At the Speed of Sound has Let Them In and Silly Love Songs but the rest is surprisingly shite some of the worst Paul shite of all time actually.

I love the Beatles

>How in the world you gonna see
>Laughin' at fools like me
>Who in the hell d'you think you are
>A super star
>Well, right you are

Attached: Instant_Karma!_1970_Top_of_the_Pops.jpg (320x192, 36K)

working class hero

i just finished to listen George´s All Thing Must Pass.
i don´t get it. some tracks are excellent, truly fantastic, but other songs pretend to be epic but are strong meh to suffering tracks to listen
geez, i felt LP3 as a total mess, jams are not bad but they don´t add fucking nothing.
it was like a 6/10 to me

tracks i loved:
>I´d have you anytime
>my sweet lord
>What is life
>Let it roll
>Let it Down
>Art of Dying

tracks meh to boring
>Isn´t it a Pity v2 (why??)
>Apple Scruffs
>Awaiting on you all
>Hear me Lord
>I Dig Love (worthless track)
>most of LP3

Attached: 81+9HpwbcoL._SX355_.jpg (355x324, 22K)

The best solo album? Bill Evans Alone? Or that other one ...