Bye bye bye / finally alone are great tracks

bye bye bye / finally alone are great tracks.

for the rest, I'm not sure if I love this new mac as much as I did the RaRNC / Salad Days / 2 Mac. Mac's just a sad crusty cigarette now.

discuss.

Attached: MacDemarco_HereComesTheCowboy.jpg (320x320, 14K)

Nobody, Finally Alone, Little Dogs March, Preoccupied and K are all top tier Mac songs
Heart to Heart, All of Our Yesterdays and Baby Bye Bye are just below that
It's a good album anons just accept it

It’s just a low energy attempt by Mac

I mean, you can see what he’s going for, and a couple of the songs are alright, but the album as a whole is pretty forgettable.
Shoulda just put out a couple of singles desu

Solid 4

Hey fantano

Attached: 43043.png (981x608, 467K)

Pretty much this. Except for me All Of Our Yesterdays is top tier too.
Otherwise yes, it is a good album and I like it.

i think you confuse low effort with minimalist. i think this album has one of the best b-sides of his entire discography. i would argue that it is better than dog days. the singles on it are great and it has one of the best outro tracks i've heard in a long while that fits so well with the theme. fantano's opinion shouldn't be public opinion. it's honestly a great album

Except for 2 songs, the album is solid, idk how fantano gave it 3/10. thats beyond failure. a 5/10 is a bad album so 3/10 is like kidz bopz tier or some shit.

Attached: Alex.jpg (1200x795, 221K)

Choo choo

I like it, but some tracks are just WAY too repetitive (title track and Choo Choo) others are good but how simple/repetitive they are brings them down (Skyless Moon, On the Square and Nobody) but in some ways it still shows Mac maturing as an artist. Still, I can't view it as better than any of his other releases, ToD is the best and 2 and Salad Days are just too classic at this point for me to put this above them. Not sure if I'd put it abve RaRNC or Another One, but if I do it's really only because this is a full album and those are EPs/mini albums.

Choo choo

K is a very cute song. I wish I was a girl and my bf sang that to me.

I think it's mostly a victim of people having false expectations. It definitely feels weaker than previous albums.

Choo choo

people shit on this album, but another one is a lot worse than this. hell, if you really pay attention to salad days you can hear the exact same drums and guitar tone in all the tracks with chamber of reflection breaking the monotony. it's mind numbing.

It really doesn't do anything This Old Dog didn't do. It feels like a side-step rather than a step forward.

I was never a fan of mac and haven't even fully listened to most of his albums but I really liked 'nobody' so I gave the album a chance and it's actually great

Mediocre, I miss Salad Days Mac

i like all of our yesterdays and heart to heart, nice and comfy. this is the only mac album i've listened to, should i bother with the others?

2, Salad Days and Another One are worth full listens. This Old Dog pick and choose what tracks you like. Cowboy is lofi hip-hop youtube stream tier.

another one is average at best. the only real good thing about it is the short length.

I think the album is great, I just hate how Choo Choo is right after Preoccupied. You let yourself get taken away by the mellow and quiet jazzy thing just to get woken the fuck up by a loud CHOO CHOOOOOOOO. After that it's back to being quiet with K.

This Old Dog is his best album desu

They're all hang out and bbq music anyway. Literally every song. Which is fine.

Love how the album contrasts itself with a happy song, then a sad song, then a happy song again

Just finished my first listen.

Finally Alone, Preoccupied, All of Our Yesterdays, On the Square are great.

K, Heart to Heart are good.

I like the instrumentation of Hey Cowgirl but the lyrics are too scant and repetive to acutally be a likeable track.

Here Comes the Cowboy is a boring waste of time, only needed to be a minute long. Choo choo unironically destroys the pacing of the album. Preoccupied and onwards is the strongest section of the album imo and this stupid joke track sticks out like a sore thumb. Baby Bye Bye would be much better if it followed his usual verse/chorus/verse/lengthened chorus pattern. It gets old by the 3 minute mark. The yeehaw ending section is cool tho.

>Fantano posted a HCtC review
>Thread criticising HCtC
Kys OP
This album is a 3/5

Album is good even with occasional detours like choo choo but it is a bit light lyrics wise. Mac seems to give up trying to say something with certain tracks and just repeats the chorus

Hated it at first but a few songs have grown on me. Nobody, K, Preoccupied and All Of Our Yesterdays I would say are just your standard quality Mac songs, but there's nothing on this new album that stands out like it's a positive step forward. On This Old Dog there was Still Beating and Moonlight on the River which are probably my two favourite Mac songs, but on HCTC the best songs are just your average quality Mac tunes. Then to make matters worse there are some actively detestable songs like the title track, Choo Choo and Baby Bye Bye. The outro of the album is the most unpleasant and obnoxious thing I've heard, and Mac's retarded screaming just spits in the face of the mellow chilled out vibe that this album just about hangs onto without being a complete borefest.

If this was another EP with this tracklist:

>Here Comes The Cowboy (but only a minute long)
>Nobody
>Preoccupied
>K
>Heart To Heart
>On The Square
>All Of Our Yesterdays

Would probably be one of my preferred releases from him and would be perfect to just stick on to relax and mellow out to.