"Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy gurdy" he sang >"Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy...

>"Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy gurdy" he sang >"Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy gurdy" he sang >"Hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy, hurdy gurdy gurdy" he sang
What did he mean by this?

Attached: 6e23695112c0f77e5c57c001fb716dc8.jpg (512x768, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7sqAhF6i9H4
youtube.com/watch?v=jhzqyoRtSBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=DKTpKG5jQIo
youtube.com/watch?v=76yWZcsgwF8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Dunno, but if someone starts playing "Atlantis" in an Italian bar, hit the exits...

Attached: LATER, at the club.jpg (1600x1155, 220K)

Donovan>Dylan

Watch the documentary Don't Look Back. The parts with Donovan are fucking cringe, dude's a hack. Same with Joan.

Has anyone ever actually smoked a banana peel?

WEAAAAAAR YOUR LOVE LIKE HEAVUHN

it’s like a mantra, over some SIIIICK tunes. Donovan is so undderratedly based

He's really cute desu

Man, why does he gotta be so cute?

He was hated by critics rather unfairly, and his image wasn't helped by the fact that the only songs of his that got airplay in the US were the more floofy, dopey ones like Mellow Yellow.

I remember some black and white doc where Donovan is leeching off Dylan, somebody gets him an acoustic and he plays a shitty pop tune, then Dylan picks it up and plays an amazing song and Donovan looks completely obliterated and butthurt

what actually happened was everyone was having fun and then dylan played a 5 minute long dirge and made everyone uncomfortable.

No, what happened was everyone were expecting Zimmerman to play that "dirge" because they all worshipped the ground he walked on and nobody even liked Donovan or knew why he was there

>everyone were expecting Zimmerman to play that "dirge"
obviously not, since you can see how surprised and uncomfortable they were in the footage.
>nobody even liked Donovan or knew why he was there
he was one of the most popular folk artists of the time, second only to dylan.

>youtube.com/watch?v=7sqAhF6i9H4
>Hey Bob I can do a great 63' Dylan impression, let me show you, see how I make my voice all nasal?

>song is about a hurdy gurdy man
>doesn't feature a hurdy gurdy
HACK
A
C
K

>shags your daughter

Attached: 212124a.jpg (823x1227, 126K)

look at the forehead on that one

That's a good song though

it's just two people playing songs. dylan looks just as enthused with donovan's song as donovan does with dylan's.

What do you gain from pretending to believe that?

Donovan looks uncomfortable when Dylan is playing. Anyway, Donovan's a good songwriter and guitar player but Dylan is infinitely superior. It's like comparing Hans Zimmer to Bach

'scoomin oop

I'm not pretending. I get people calling me dumb and saying I have shit taste, so it would be a lot easier for me to pretend I like Dylan more.

the other ryder brother was fucking his other daughter

Why are Dylanfags so insecure? They think you aren't allowed to ever listen to another songwriter just because they aren't Dylan.

>Cohen? he sucks because Dylan exists
>Neil Young? sucks because Dylan exists
>Nick Drake? Sucks because Dylan exists

such a cringeworthy fanbase.

Marc Bolan did the hippy dippy better because you knew he knew it was 1 dimensional BS, but it was good sounding BS

youtube.com/watch?v=jhzqyoRtSBQ

not enough people know about pre-electric warrior bolan

Donovan is very underrated desu

To be fair, some retard immediately derailed the thread by posting Donovan > Dylan

It's my opinion and I'm entitled to share it.

The Steve Hillage version is better.
youtube.com/watch?v=DKTpKG5jQIo

Attached: zodiac.jpg (640x426, 71K)

The Butthole Surfers cover up that song is great
youtube.com/watch?v=76yWZcsgwF8

hurdy gurdy man playing at the end credits of zodiac made it a much better movie

Well, he'd met one of George Harrison's friends I think, who was an oriental gentleman. Donovan is trying to tap into mysticism and curry.

>I get people calling me dumb and saying I have shit taste
i.e attention