How do I casually bring up my taste in music on a conversation without sounding like Patrick Bateman?

How do I casually bring up my taste in music on a conversation without sounding like Patrick Bateman?

Attached: CDC91A19-1EF6-4DDB-AEF7-8A5ABE324539.jpg (600x315, 18K)

why would you not want to sound like Patrick Bateman?

check em

Attached: amer.jpg (300x221, 17K)

Nothing wrong with sounding like Patrick Bateman as long as you don't kill people.

dont ever do this. if someone starts talking about music then just try to match their level of enthusiasm. dont get overexcited and list your top 10 albums or whatever

everybody acts like him now don't worry about it

you sound autistic

ask them if they like the beatles. best conversation starter ever.

>click on this expecting a gif
>its not
fuck you also check em

Attached: 1522865900751.jpg (1200x797, 99K)

Wear a band t-shirt sometimes. One cute waitress talked to me about the Violent Femmes for about 10 seconds once because of my Hallowed Ground shirt.

>No.

Oh okay.

Do you like Kanye West? I've been a big fan of him ever since the release of his 2007 album, Graduation. Before that, I really didn't understand any of his work. Too artsy, too intellectual. It was on Graduation where, uh, Kanye' presence became more apparent. I think Flashing Lights was his undisputed masterpiece. It's an epic meditation on intangibility. At the same time, it deepens and enriches the meaning of the preceding three albums. Christy, take off your robe. Listen to the brilliant ensemble playing of Kanye and Dwele. You can practically hear every nuance of every instrument. Sabrina, remove your dress. In terms of lyrical craftsmanship, the sheer songwriting, this album hits a new peak of professionalism. Sabrina, why don't you, uh, dance a little. Take the lyrics to Can't Tell Me Nothing. In this song, Kanye West addresses the problems of abusive political authority. Stronger is the most moving pop song of the 2000s, about monogamy and commitment. The song is extremely uplifting. Their lyrics are as positive and affirmative as, uh, anything I've heard in rock. Christy, get down on your knees so Sabrina can see your ass. New Kanye West' career seems to be more commercial and therefore more satisfying, in a narrower way. Especially songs like All Of the Lights and, uh, Hold my Liquor. Sabrina, don't just stare at it, eat it. But I also think Kanye West works best within the confines of the group, than as a solo artist, and I stress the word artist. This is Lost in the World, a great, great song, a personal favorite.

Attached: 1386627439435.gif (381x298, 482K)

Don't unless music is the topic of discussion

he's autistic and doesn't know how basic conversation works

you mean a chad who has his life under control, controls pussy with a remote, and is respected and honored by his peers.

where can i buy that face mask?

The first step would probably be checking these dubs

Find what they like and expand on that. If they seem lost or uncomfortable, you’ve gone too far. Never discuss your favorite albums unless explicitly asked far into the conversation. Never start with them. I’ve never mentioned my favorite albums to anyone.

he's right

He's not respected by his peers at all and is incredibly lonely.
He lives a very shallow and vapid life

You don't, unless it's a friend or something. If it's not a friend, especially if it's a date or a random girl, YOU DON'T TALK TO HER ABOUT MUSIC or she will call you autistic. Women don't like music, or rather they do but not for the same reasons as men. And no, I'm not saying this as an incel typology, it's not true for all women of course and it's a general guideline. There are very autistic women out there, who enjoy music like men do, but they're rare. Men don't talk to each other about music either unless they're already friends, because he'll beat you to the brink of death if you don't like what he likes or if you like something he doesn't like.

>get speaker
>yo man what kind of music do you like
i know it's very difficult but im sure you can do it

Attached: DB0C5F3E-B5D7-43A3-9EA4-EC550236517F.jpg (892x794, 58K)

Lel. The movie as well as the novel were garbage but at least they trolled idiots into thinking Bateman was a cool guy.

Bateman doesn't actually enjoy the music he listens to, he just has canned enthusiastic sounding speeches so that he sounds knowledgeable about something that people might not have all the info on but still have an interest in.

I used to ask just about everyone I met what they listened to and who their favorites were after like 10 mins. A lot of people seemed kind of affronted and most people say a genre or two in general and have trouble naming a favorite. "All kinds of stuff", "Everything but country"..

Like two people ever have asked me what I like. I try not to sperg on people anymore. It's just fun to guess in your head what they listen to and then see if you're right plus it can tell a lot about a person, what they listen to. I hate that it's spergy to ask people about themselves like that.

No, YOU sound autistic. Spilling your beans over music over enthusiastically looks socially awkward and spastic. I know because I myself am an autist and try to be consciously aware of acting like that in public social circles.

again, you sound autistic

>trying this hard to be self aware
Have you tried just being yourself?

you sound like a bitch
>durr how do i talk about music with people?
faggot

being myself means being socially awkward and absurdly autistic. so yes i have. it doesn't bode well. all i am saying is when someone brings up something i get excited to talk about i have to hold back my enthusiasm heavily and try not to beat people over the head with discussion about it

just be yourself, dude. not everyone's gonna like you. that's life.

But he was also saying not over enthusiastically. He literally said to "match" their enthusiasm.

I wish I could meet someone like you irl. I get so tired of playing small talk games when people are really just itching to get to know each other.
Like we really give a fuck about where each other came from or what uni we went to or what year we graduated. I'd rather hear what people do for fun and what their tastes are.

Have sex.

Save hex.

put on migos. she suck

this doesnt really fit at all lol

"I like music!" shout.