Look how compressed KSG is, my god

Look how compressed KSG is, my god.

Attached: Screenshot_20190519-172022_Gallery.jpg (1898x1080, 2.12M)

This is what modern music looks like

obligatory

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 33K)

brickwalled to hell and back and zero dynamics WEEEEE

you wouldn't want to listen to the one on the right. you'd wonder why they didn't record it louder. you're not stupid for not getting this, you just dont know about making music

left*
shitfuckcuntbitchballsack

it’s okay user, I picked up what you were throwing down

bro ive made music and i get that compression is necessary. but when is a waveform ever supposed to look like a like an (almost) perfect rectangle?

what does MBDTF look like? not very good im assuming.

>bruh look how compressed this album is! I'm a producer myself so I know haha
>every song but Fire visibly has a plenty of dynamic range
you don't know what you're talking about, shut up

That's baby shit, watch this

Attached: Screenshot_20190519-175030_Gallery.jpg (1895x1007, 1.21M)

>he compresses the mix and not individual tracks
>he uses limiting at all

Attached: D4UhK7DWwAYaOwu.jpg (850x1024, 81K)

>fantano considers this shit a 10

Lmao

i feel like he was just in a really good mood that day

>implying there is ANYTHING wrong with that
absolute retard opinion

why do you people exist

Attached: 1550231867713.gif (330x166, 2.24M)

Just looking at a graph of compression doesn't prove anything about sound quality or production talent

i don't get it

>lets cut out all of the dynamic range of the audio in order to make it loud as fuck
Please kill yourself.

Wave forms aren't supposed to peak the entire time and look like rectangles.

where are you getting these and are there more of them

Says who

Who cares how it sounds, how it LOOKS is whats important!

great thread OP really high IQ thread

holy shit an actual brainlet

if people like you were alive in the 50s youd be like "you cant distort guitars! you cant hear all the notes!" its just sound it can be loud if you want it to

any album with a high dynamic range sounds like shit

good job man raising those IQ points all day long eh

Someone on r/kanye is making these for fun.

I don't know, I think it sounds great. I can get on board with MBDTF being a little too compressed, but KSG doesn't sound like that to me

They're compressed like that so that they sound good on cheap apple earbuds and coming from shitty loud car stereos, it sounds like garbage if you actually listen to music at home to enjoy it as a form of art.

If you could stop shitposting like the retarded casuals you are you could skim a wikipedia article on compression, limiting and dynamic range and prevent yourself further embarassment

>Reddit spacing

Post ur mixes LOL

I have it on vinyl with great speakers and it still sounds really crisp

compression is good
loud is good
if you share "declipped" music without tagging it as such or music with metadata that messes with the volume on slsk i fucking hate you

>graph of compression
jesus christ can you zoomers just stop talking you clearly have minus fucking points in music knowledge. why am I still on this board

it's called the loudness war welcome to like 1940

there is plenty of dynamic range in most of these you are just retarted. KSG sounds nothing like say Death Magnetic because people figured out how to do Digital right over time. Why do you dumbasses think you know better than literally all engineers today. your a clown

the only one embarrassing themselves here is you with your boomer concepts of what makes something "real art"

have sex

>mfw reading these posts as a recording engineer

Attached: 11256.gif (498x372, 465K)

It's threads like these that make me simultaneously want to quit browsing Yea Forums and continue using it.

well im gonna go listen to music instead of looking at it like a retard

i had sex with your mom and made her so horny and excited she died. her vagina was delicious. i will miss her

bruh the compression graph clearly shows the uh..the compression waveform is like...uh so compressed

You mean properly mixed/mastered? These fucking engineerlets need to stop posting when they don't know what they're on about.

No you're not.

"recording engineer"

they literally read one article or watched one youtube video about the loudness war and overcompression and thinks it applies everywhere and that they know better than all the best engineers. It's fucking embarassing