Most of you aren't even partying hipsters who do drugs, why the fuck is this album so popular among Yea Forumstants?

Most of you aren't even partying hipsters who do drugs, why the fuck is this album so popular among Yea Forumstants?

Attached: 71H2+Sj3wmL._SX355_.jpg (355x351, 19K)

It’s one of those apbums that’s more educational than anything. It was way ahead of its time and influenced a lot of music and music culture that came after.

I personally don’t enjoy it either but I get why it’s talked about so much.

because its good

because of scaruffi/pitchfork and online music review culture in general.

>listening to pop music as academia
cringe

What should today nerds listen to?

they should go back to listening to metal and video game soundtracks and stop trying to act like they are music critics

Maybe you're right.

it was the first Yea Forumscore album I listened to, and it is by far one of the most memorable.

What everyone else "should" listen to. What they like.

It's not a party album. It's very anti-social.

I love grungy garage-rock shit anyway so I was always going to be drawn to it

but dude he talks about....,, drug

t. boomer

b-b-b-b-but drugs hehe

It's not a party album but it's about people who do party and party hard. That's half of what Warhol's Factory was about.

>missing the point this much

It's still a situation none of you can relate to is my point.

They just sat around doing heroin and fucking trannies all day.

the music is a reflection of the nihilistic underbelly of NYC. a lot of people here can relate to the themes of despair and degradation. fuck off nigger

cus it's the best album of all times

Attached: 1553558234161.jpg (1920x1080, 229K)

Sounds like a good time to me, desu

west coast band formerly known as the warlocks that changed their name and got their start playing acid parties for a controversial countercultural figure>east coast band that also was formerly known as the warlocks then changed their name and got their start heroin playing parties for a controversial countercultural figure

People are told to like it so they do despite being awful

Imagine thinking this album is bad, jesus nu-Yea Forums is pathetic

Where did I say it was bad?

You don't have to party to do copious drugs.

>doing heroin and fucking trannies
>heroin
sweet summer child

Attached: Velvet-Underground-al-Castle-Los-Angeles-1966-©-Gerard-Malanga.jpg (2967x2012, 677K)

This album is bad to anyone who goes in unbiased not being told what it is and that you have to like it

It's edgy like most Yea Forums posters

Attached: 1493688412805.jpg (250x344, 20K)

But i am a partying hipster.
I spent yesterday eve doing drugs with my hipster friends, listening to this album.

>TOO BUSY SUCKING MY DING DONG

this
tracks like "waiting for the man" feel a little beyond party fun times

this is true of many acclaimed albums
it isnt true of any velvet underground albums

I AM this album.
Im a fucking terrible human and i hate myself, dont do it people.

Not really, Yea Forums is just socially awkward mostly white kids who live comfortably enough to waste their time shitposting and being edgy on a forum like Yea Forums. Most people on this site actually tend to look down on what's TVU thematically represents, whether it's for childish edgy purposes or because they genuinely believe that.

What is this? Something something something flying micropenis bananaland? I thought it was pretty good.

>spending all day on the computer in your parents house is analogous to being a mover and shaker in the 60s NY bohemian set

Attached: 1531615258612.jpg (396x327, 72K)

i really believe this is the greatest rock album of all time it just gets everything right

you are wrong. almost half of the posters here are South American or Asian with a small percentage of bl*cks. the vast majority of which are social outcasts because of their look/awkwardness/etc. failed normie newfag retards who come to posture their morality anonymously like you are a pretty new edition. reddit overflow

>mostly white
Are you illiterate? Everything else is the same. You don't have to be white to be socially awkward yet be able to waste your time on a computer all day.

the hell does this mean

and here you are wasting time with said losers lol what does that make you nigger

I am not pretending to be something I am not though. Big difference there, buddy.

Nah, I love The Dead but VU are better.

>mover and shaker
>pretentious middle-class college dropouts that spent all their time strung out in Andy Warhol's garage.

Yet we're talking about their strung out adventures fifty years later and no one knows who you are.

it sounds good

>Yea Forumscore album
it's one of the most popular albums of all time alongside sergeant pepper's

yeah, because heroin is *totally* a "party drug"

No fucking way dude, it's more about decadence/degeneracy. It's not about being a neet autist looser

I always forget that Yea Forums is one person. Thank you for reminding me

This thread is pretty explicitly about Yea Forums's reaction to the album as a community.

what does this even mean? This place has been around for like 15 years and has had thousands of users

I always feel like i'm the only person in Yea Forums that's actually listened to massively popular albums before coming here.

yeah, but this is actually good.

AW WHEN THAT HEROIN'S IN MY BLOOD
HEH
AND THE BLOOD IS IN MY HEAD
THEN THANK GOD THAT I'M GOOD AS DEAD
AND THANK YOUR GOD THAT I'M NOT AWARE
AND THANK GOD THAT I JUST DON'T CARE
AND I GUESS I JUST DON'T KNOW
AWWWW AND I GUESS I JUST DON'T KNOW

Attached: 1520347086223.jpg (1200x900, 220K)

It can be

Attached: Jagger's wedding.png (421x640, 286K)

Wow, looks like a exciting party.

t. never been in a party

t. never done heroin

it sedates you and makes you sleepy
stimulants can be party drugs for sure, and even alcohol which can also sedate/make sleepy but it releases your inhibitions and makes you more talkative. Opioids just make you not care about anything and nod off

I am tho, or was until this year now I'm just an office worker douche

>welcome to the velvet underground how cool are ya?

ABBA - Visitors is so TVU

>cant discern between educational and academic
fuck off brainlet

yes

It's a good album, it was also connected to an art movement that became popular and, Lou Reed kept going and made popular friends so its influence expanded.