Name your favorite band and we use legitimate criticism on why we don't like it. Don't just shit on the fanbase...

name your favorite band and we use legitimate criticism on why we don't like it. Don't just shit on the fanbase. Just shit on the music

I'll start
>Radiohead

Attached: Thom_Yoda.jpg (300x400, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7uJL8er_tV0
youtube.com/watch?v=xk7lC_xdZyU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Boring as fuck
>Queens of the Stone Age

A lot of their stuff sounds similar, incredibly overrated
>Frank Zappa/The Mothers

>Stereolab
Or
>Janelle Monae
They take Sounds that were already prevalent in the underground and are called revplutionary for using them because they were the first people in the mainstream to do it.
There’s genuinely nothing bad about them.

Pablo Honey

Massive sell outs

Frank Zappa is the man who thinks fart jokes are funny until the day he dies

>The Velvet Underground

Their music suffers from Seinfeld’s syndrome

My favorite band is Blackpink.

Thom Yorke's lyrics
Repetitive songs. All of their songs could be a minute shorter
Sounds like pop a lot
>Radiohead

Easy target

Early Tortoise and late Talk Talk

Really boring
Great technical skill wasted on retarded social messages and poop jokes hence hollow compositions, wouldn't listen to them very often
They both are okay
They weren't really that psychedelic and are a bit overrated in terms of being influential, although WL/WH is really nice

Exactly what steve albini said about em. It's music for Weird Al fans and entry-level memers who like to joke about it being the 'height' of music. That being said, Uncle Meat is really great

America
youtube.com/watch?v=7uJL8er_tV0

Attached: cardiacs.jpg (1280x720, 59K)

Pixies

Shitty Nirvana ripoff.

Death Grips

>The Doors

The Sundays

Daughters.

Abrasive

Unwound

Too abrasive.

I actually like the Doors a lot but fair criticism would be their inconsistent discography. Real highs and then some average stuff at times.

>Led Zeppelin

Plagiarism

highly overrated
zappa is kind of a retard, but made some pretty good music
>Sweet Trip and Cocteau Twins

Everything sounds the same, there's a bare minimum amount of experimentation just so they can be called experimental, the long drug out vocals make me want to off myself

>Swans

Attached: death grips.png (1920x1080, 737K)

Incoherent noise

>Highly Suspect

This and they are rapists.

But most importantly, they were a dread awful halfway mix of Deep Purple and Humble Pie

>Deep Purple
>Humble Pie

The atmosphere of Led Zeppelin is absolutely lifeless! Everything sounds too artificial, booring and tedious! Mostly songs are slow-to-mid tempo, although have some speed changes here and there. The instrumentation is so lethargic and repetitive, too below average for hard rock standards. Most of the guitar riffs are generic, the solos are few and forgettable, the bass is just ok. The best thing about them, surprisingly, are the drums. Bonham makes some decent beats here and there, and an interesting drum solo in Moby Dick, far superior to a lot of crap he's done on more praised songs. Surely, the worst thing about them is the vocals. They are terrible! Just a bunch of lethargic pseudo-singing and dumb spoken word. Plant sings absolutely off-key, with that nasty voice. Everyone knows Plant never was a good singer.

Arctic Monkeys
>Pro tip, guys, you can't

Radio friendly generic riffs. I love them too though. They change a lot but never really make that sound their own.

Summoning

Attached: 26072012010.jpg (1944x2592, 1.97M)

David Bowie

Fag

car seat headrest

See

Cocteau twins or animal collective

oops this is a cool band

they fell off

not the best day of the week

mostly unremarkable except for glimpses off excellence

extremely safe melodies and sound

Attached: Screen_Shot_20161227_at_20.32.41.png (596x599, 614K)

Every radiohead song ever since OK computer:
>looped electro beat, sometimes in an odd time sig
>cinematic major/minor chord changes on the piano
>fluttery guitar patterns
>a horny ghost wailing over the top
Not even worth wasting time shitting on their early material.

Lou Reed is a prolapsed anus.

who?

Snore

Gay as fuck my nigga

They sing about black dick I refuse to listen

I could pay my local nutjob to make better music than this

Keyboard tone makes all of their songs sound like halloween music

production is too polished, needs to sound like it smells really really bad.

Michael Gira is a talentless hack jerking off around genuinely talented musicians

AM is music for people who get fed through tubes, you know about the vegetable people, right? they live amongst us, could be any one of us. Don't let it be you.

>Converge

>Ariel Pink

>Pink Floyd
Too fucking abrasive

>legitimate criticism

cope harder pussy

Attached: dugged.jpg (1200x800, 176K)

Tool

Bad band. Nuff said.

Lol QOTSA are boring as fuck not Radiohead

Go easy on me
>Foo Fighters

Too pussy enough to have their music on digital streaming services.
Too misfit for the music industry in general.
They went from a critically-acclaimed a;t-rock band to some crappy electronic music.
>Weezer

pink floyd

These really should be best albums, as bands tend to break up and have tons of shitty albums.

>My pick
Favorite old band: The Cramps

Favorite new band: Devours youtube.com/watch?v=xk7lC_xdZyU
He was a classical musician until recently where he turned really, really flaming gay and decided to write often experimental pop music

>Pink Floyd
My only complaint is too overplayed, and too many 'concept' albums. Plus they don't even exist anymore there's like 2 versions of them touring.

>Tool
Too boring, lot's of noodley-bass like shit, way too overproduced sound.

>Pixies
A lot of really shitty songs between the good ones, plus Frank Black/Black Francis is kind of crazy, insisting on full creative control locking out all other members and breaking up the band at their height via a fax machine.

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 11K)

Attached: sy.jpg (479x432, 101K)

Steals his music and doesn’t credit original writers

>Jane's Addiction

Haven't ever made a good consistent album. Basically Nickelback-tier but no one wants to admit it

>The Stone Roses

Hop Along

>Primus

Not much experimentation. Really just overglorified buttrock. And this is coming from someone who likes Tool.

they have this boring hollow sound that goes nowhere

>weezer

>Tragically Hip
>Kanye west
>Bon Iver
Take your pick, fags.

they spend too much time caring about >The feels, were MUCH better when they made alt rock
Punk rock just isn't for me, also, worse vocals than Yoko Ono
loud thrashy hip hop = high art?
every album suffers from horrible consistency
slow, repetitive, gay dad rock
same as the doors, except for low and heroes are awesome
they're way too pretentious, half of their songs they're getting mad at """"The Man"""""
see the doors, but even lower quality hits
they haven't released more than 2 good albums in a row since maladroit

Attached: Yum.jpg (720x540, 40K)

Boards of Canada

>Stereolab
Lyrics border on literal communist propaganda, especially in their early work
Still enjoy it, though

Yes

The kpop industry is exploitative and the idols are basically manufactued products instead of musicians. Lisa a cute though
Plant's voice is pretty annoying sometimes
Roger Waters started focusing too much on his personal issues and politics
Cringeworthy vocals and lyrics, and they come off as "I'm smarter than thou" for some reason, like Maynard thinks everyone is an idiot except him
Primus sucks

Their last 4 albums
Every album except for Low and Heroes
Every album after Saucer besides the wall
Primus sucks

>Boards of Canada
or
>Stereolab

Les Claypool's voice is extremely grating
>Cocteau Twins
Only one stellar album, unintelligible vocals
>Animal Collective
Generic "avant garde" act, despite the fact that they haven't done anything original in ages
Definition of inconsistent. Release a great album and follow up with complete shit.

>animal collective

big weezer fan here, theyre shit gets so repetitive so quickly. you know when you listen to a song so much you start to hate it? thats what its like. a couple years ago i wouldve slaughtered anyone who said they dont like pinkerton or blue but now i cant stomach those albums. starting to not like ewbaite or white either now. i can only find joy in their super new stuff like black or pd now

Husker Du

Radiohead honestly in isolation is an alright band, but to break your rule it’s entirely their reception and influence that sucks about them

Talking Heads

lead singer wrecks the band by how big a douche he comes across as

Stereolab lyrics honestly don’t affect their music at all

Only noteworthy stuff they put out was their collaborations with Eno, everything else is extremely hit and miss

he tries to be so different, but it comes across as gimmicky

death grips

Attached: E2C8B963-5C7F-4D6F-887C-40BCD326CF00.jpg (1024x1004, 211K)

the beatles

you say that like its a bad thing

I know, but in some songs I find it detracts from the music. Generally it's easy to look past.
I guess Chemical Chords is that great either?

Whether you agree with the message or not is irrelevant, it's the fact that it's so hamfisted is what I don't like.

Completely disagree. Just the sheer amount of bands that try to imitate their sound - proggy, deep basslines, great breakdowns and progressions. Maynard is an asshole, but their music is great

We cant. There are too based for existence

Extremely generic, almost no creativity, and they fully bought that shallow 2010s production style. They also act like they have some kind of mojo in the vein of classic dadrock band while playing such boring, low energy monotony.
Big SY fan but they are very inconsistent at times. For example the first EP was very interesting angular fun from the teachings of no wave, so I was expecting Confusion Is Sex to be more interesting and chaotic knowing it was noisier than the EP. But when I listened to it I was kind of disappointed that the noise never really reached nasty overblown levels or anything. And the songwriting doesn't make up for it.
So many Yea Forumstants shit on the Foo Fighters for being generic but personally I think their approach of making rock music that is memorable but admittedly inoffensive works very well. Sometimes I'd go as far to say they sound almost shoegazy
Spirit and Strawberry Jam are fantastic but, I was not too much of a fan of Sung Tongs. You can only goof around strumming an acoustic guitar for so long before your sound starts to become samey and painfully ignorable
Some of their songs are again a victim modern snappy clappy (over)production. Frances' voice is great though
The Wonka album got old real quick, it's "experimental" but not in a good way. Everything else by them ranges from good to god-tier
Unwound has a fairly large discography in which their (enjoyable) sound mostly stayed the same. The brand of rhythm section fronted post-hardcore they and others brought to the table was great but repeated a little too much. But I guess if aint broke don't fix it.
They went from making glorious unmatched compositions that redefined what rock music could be to hopping on the new wave bandwagon in the most boring way possible. It's hard to see Big Generator and Close to The Edge being from the same band. With all the member switch ups, they weren't anyway

i mean theyre all whiny bitches

Easy listening granny shit, barely ever made more than simple 3 minute pop ditties. Walrus is great though

Boards of Canada
I literally see nothing wrong with them

Attached: 1556511301587.jpg (683x670, 207K)

generic, easy listening, muzak for stoners. synthwork rips off 808 state and the KLF pretty hard in terms of atmosphere, all BoC had to offer outside of their work was lo-fi breakbeats and proto-vaporwave samples.

i do like them but these are their flaws which you should be aware of

I love them, but my dad pointed out that tracks like Roygbiv have an incredibly bland drum track which he's not wrong about.

>BoC doesn't have anything to offer outside lo-fi breakbeats and proto-vaporwave samples
This is the stupidest thing I've read all day, congrats user.

AJJ

The Mountain Goats

Barenaked Ladies

Insufferably immature lyrics, garbage vocals and the members don't seem to actually know how to play any of their instruments. Every album is a haphazard mess of poorly produced crap that lacks cohesion, and their last two albums are totally unlistenable

>quadrastate? chill out? sorry i just listen to reddit approved triphop
>sesame street samples!
>jeo daddy, so spooky

Attached: 1558322964818.jpg (647x831, 110K)

For whatever reason they're the only actual folk band that exists in the mainstream and that's led to them being overrated. Still good, though, just massively overstated. John Darnielle's lyrics aren't supernatural

Only popular due to Canada's mandate that they play a certain % of Canadian music on their airwaves kek

>were MUCH better when they made alt rock
IMMMAAACREEEEP IMMMMAAWE#ERIIDOOOOOO WHATTHEHELL AMI DOING HERRRREEE I DONT BELONG HEREee

Behemoth

Rush

You're basically making the argument that BoC is derivative trash that is only worth listening to because it did some creative things that influenced others, which is an oxymoron you retard.
>$oyjack poster
Oh, now it makes sense.

Boring, limp pop rock for teen girls that plagiarized ideas already existing in the underground,added a healthy sheen of whiteness and thus made it palatable to the conservative masses of the times. Also, John Lennon was a raging piece of shit and psuedo intellectual.

mae

Rainbow Kitten Surprise

One of those immensely popular all time greats that no one actually listens to.

Their only half decent record was the Everglow

Nofx

Everything they released after the 80's is trash.
Roll the Bones is the worst prog album I've ever heard.

I recently tried to actually listen through all their albums and they actually have maximum two albums that could actually be considered good. They've made a ton of absolute garbage.

Simon and Garfunkel

Disturbed now owns the sound of silence

Claypool's voice sounds like a Muppet, and he's very frequently guilty of "weird for the sake of weird" at the expense of good songwriting.

Drake

Ween

brockhampton

SpongeBob
Rape

OOOOOCEAN MAN

Lightning Bolt

>Celtic Frost
Okayish dad rock that's not really notable anymore. Deep Purple was better.
faggot
*holds up spork*

>no one actually listens to
Dislike Rush if you want, but that's not true at all. Everyone knows Tom Sawyer, Spirt of Radio, Closer to The Heart, etc. And there are plently of die hard Rush fans out there. Try U2 or Black Flag for that

Their pre-studio stuff can be hard to listen too, their later stuff is fairly bland, Mollusc has become a meme
Their instrumentals are incredible, but I wish he'd take the mic out of his mouth or just cut the vocals altogether
Lyrics only a high schooler would love.
Bazinga
Worst take on boards I've seen in a while.

Thomas voice sometimes is just over the top and annoying but that's only on in rainbows it's perfect on Kid A
>AnCo
perfect band
based, my only problem with them is the fact that they made hothead and I feel like NLDW feels a bit bloated towards the end

Vampire Weekend

CHVRCHES circa survive

>CHVRCHES
Sub-par synth pop that always feels like its missing something. Only actually popular because of their spinner hipster singer.
>Circa survive
Very unique vocals, a post hardcore band that cant decide if they want to be a prog rock band or not

Dir en Grey

Every album up until Evangelion was getting more brickwalled, more compressed, and more mechanical. Like there was no human touch to it.
The Satanist came out and blew all that away, thankfully. But now ILYAYD sounds like fragments of Satanist that weren't good enough to be full songs at the time.
Also Nergal is a fucking poser. Preaching about loving to cause controversy but he only mocks one religion and was a fucking coach on The Voice of Poland for christ's sake.

One of the more consistent bands out there, each album has flaws, though. Music has the Right has some forgettable tracks, Geogaddi is very good but some songs drone on way too long, Campfire is way too hit and miss and generally is a flawed concept, and Tomorrow's Harvest, while underrated, is still their most inconsistent album. Their B-sides and remixes are their best songs but their reliance on theming their albums they really don't fit in anywhere.

They have a lot of great stuff but until Bridge Over Troubled Water couldn’t make a consistent album to save their life.

Some amazing instrumentalists who often get hampered down by some of the worst lyrics and vocals to ever come out of prog. All three of them are amazing musicians but Geddy Lee can be painful at times and the lyrics can be such stupid bullshit. The Trees is the best example of how pseudointellectual their lyrics can get. There’s a reason their best song is La Villa Strangiato, it’s cause it’s an instrumental.

Coil

Gay child molesters

Bump

DIIV

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

>Franz Ferdinand

It is widely known that musicians and bands that prioritize quantity over quality can't make it properly balanced. Gizzard is cool but almost all their 2017 albums were average to just boring.

Some catchy songs but mostly kind of forgettable

They're responsible for Beverly Hills

Husker Du is really held back by the production of their albums imo

Iron Maiden
They've had good and bad albums (wtf Blaze) but I keep coming back to them

>Moving Mountains