MISTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MOOOOOOONNLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGHHHTTTT

MISTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MOOOOOOONNLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGHHHTTTT

Attached: BeatlesForSale.jpg (1220x1220, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7BKsy9-Bvok
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

MY TEARS ARE FALLING

IM WARNING YOU WITH PEACE AND LOVE, NO MORE FANMAIL

best song on that album

I'm a Loooooooooooooooooooser

is this their least discussed album?

>not Every Little Thing

Attached: 1558275481237.jpg (921x640, 100K)

What most people fail to realize is, not only were The Beatles proud of the obscure tracks they unearthed, the sense of humor is very much on display in this song. How much of "Mr. Moonlight" was done 'tongue-in-cheek' is hard to tell, but an examination of the ingredients that make up the performance is very telling. For instance, the straight impassioned vocal delivery from Lennon, the African drum bursts from Harrison, the monotone background harmonies, and the "cheesy" organ solo all demonstrate the gaudiness of the track. As author Tim Riley states in his book Tell Me Why: "By taking the whole thing so seriously, they actually make it hysterical."

Yea and righfully so.
It's regressive from AHDN. There are some great songs on Beatles for Sale but it's too inconsistent and has a lot of covers too.

Not sure about that one senpai it introduces the folk-rock sound we here on Rubber Soul and to a lesser degree Help

you could tell they were phoning it in. At least that's always what i've thought. all the covers, and the frowny album cover. they clearly were starting to get fed up at this point

i do hear a little folk stuff on it. Though not to an extreme degree yet. no wonder it gets overshadowed by Help!, but I like it at least.

Songs like No Reply, Spoil the Party and I'm a Loser are important in the development of Lennon's songwriting. We wouldn't have Nowhere Man without them.

>covers are bad
Filtered

>I NEARLY DIIIIIIIIIIIED
>I NEARLY DIIIIIIIIIIIED

The only good cover Beatles ever did was Twist an Shoud and Till There Was You
Don't get me wrong, they are my favorite band but cover wasn't their thing.

hard disagree

They went hard on Money

Assuming you haven't heard this then? youtube.com/watch?v=7BKsy9-Bvok

nearly every cover on beatles at the bbc vol 1 is great

I only listen to Beatlemania when I listen to the Beatles for the past 4 years or so. When you spam the same band for two decades you have to go through phrases. Also a lot of bootlegs. Oh and the Sgt. Pepper anniversary remix was very good.

spotlight uh
moonlight uh

I love that song

It's actually progression from AHDN. The original songs were their most mature to date and demonstrated a jaded world-weariness that few pop stars are willing to expose, in any time period. It's also by far their comfiest album.

>Please Mr. Postman
>Money
>You Really Got a Hold on Me
>Roll Over Beethoven
>Anna (Go to Him)
>Rock and Roll Music

I don't think they did a bad cover, frankly. A good cover has the mark of the creator on it and the mark of The Beatles on their covers is undeniable.

Oddly enough I think AHDN is slightly regressive, or at least parallel, to Please Please Me and With The Beatles. Structurally it's very much simplified and the harmonic vocabulary is actually limited slightly. A lot of those limitations still remain by Beatles for Sale, but they have gotten better at everything else - their songs are considerably more developed by Beatles for Sale than ever before.