*subverts your expectations and revolutionizes the rap game*

*subverts your expectations and revolutionizes the rap game*

Attached: 01-IGORS-THEME-m4a-image.jpg (922x922, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

genius.com/amp/a/tyler-the-creator-claims-he-s-making-a-pop-album
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tyler-the-creator/igor/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_music
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

he did none of that though, just put out another forgettable album that'll be shilled by redditors calling him revolutionary in the months to come

It's his most experimental, avant garde release yet. His usage of beautiful sounding synths, guitar sounds, neo-psychedelia/jazz fusion along with heartbreaking lyrics of a tragic man's breakup is actually gorgeous. This album is a 10 whether you'd like to admit it or not

nice meme

i fell off the tyler train after WOLF but i heard this last night because the whole album was on youtube so i clicked out of curiosity. this was basically the album i wanted WOLF to be and now i wanna check out the other stuff he's released since then

It’s a good companion to flower boy.

Is it weird that I only got into OF after Flower Boy and now Igor? Probably the only decent things to come out of that group of suburban kids pretending to be poor and sad. Maybe Earl too

They're still pretending to be sad, but now Tyler's reaching 30 instead of being 19 so it's a lot more pathetic

Wolf was when he started moving into the more jazzy/chilled out/honest Tyler era. But still had some brashness of Goblin on there (Tamale, Pigs)

Then he went even further with Cherry Bomb, but still had some harshness to its sound and was quite experimental but some people did not like the production so it was panned.

Then Flower Boy felt like Wolf but with tones of Cherry Bomb, basically his safest most mainstream sounding album yet. But it was popular because it made young art hoes wet. (Admittedly it had a few good songs but wasn't great IMO)

Then Igor came back to his more avant garde roots. And it's a 10.

Nothing is avant-garde about this album you spaz

earl and frank were always the highlights of the group as far as im concerned though i havent really been keeping up with them for a while. bastard was fucking great and is basically the thing that started it all though i havent listened to it in forever so im not sure how it holds up. goblin was decent for a mainstream followup. the compilation tape radical also had a bunch of great songs

Attached: igor.webm (640x360, 2.55M)

*subverts your expectations and revolutionizes a notoriously shitty genre*
Wow. This guy writing string quartets or something?
*has a listen*
Oh, it's yet more rambling blaqpypo shit with no interesting modulations or thematic development. I forgot, Yea Forums isn't a music board anymore. My bad.

>vocals
>production
>has an alter ego

??? Yeah ok bud

i simply hate when the music i am listening to doesnt have any interesting modulations or thematic development. upvoted friend

Attached: 1556134698784.jpg (1508x1493, 437K)

Attached: look_check__them.png (892x794, 128K)

>thinking any of that makes you avant-garde
listen to more music holy shit

>Spamming retro effects
>Shitty chord progression
>Flash-in-the-pan beat switch gimmicks

Yeah amazing production bro

Don't let that fag who (You)'d you confuse you. No, this is not avant garde or strange in anyway. It's just a pretty good pop album that most people won't be able to stomach because it doesn't have a decent radio hit. Kendrick is kind of to weird for most people with his full albums but he always throws in a single for the masses.

This album is not weird at all. Didn't Tyler literally say he was going to try pop after Flower Boy? Decent album and I like it way more than early 10's OF edgy trash.

What will always baffle me about this is that this audiophile is using his phone with his hyper special headphones

checked

>subverting expectations and revolutionizing something is ALWAYS a good thing
fuck off

I was listening to it in the car the other day, probably my 6th or so listen. All my normie friends said they hated it. They said it was too "weird." What the fuck is wrong with normie taste, Igor is some base level shit. It's a great album though, I love the layered synths and album progression/story. Could use a bit less of the falsetto and more rapping though. Solid 8.

Just slide down Spotify's top songs and you'll know that most people just don't listen to music recreationally. They just eant background noise. Just look at cable TV and radio. Sometimes you'll find someone who loves their base tunes and albums.

Being office DJ for tunes for 5 years is really hard. Everyone has their tastes. But again Igor is NOT weird. Anyone who says it is thinks Marvel movies are avant garde

I heard Carly Rae Jepsen released a new album, you should listen to that instead, boy

It doesn't. A lot of it sounds like Kanye production and sounds kind of dated. Not to say that's bad, but this sounds like a very conservative record to me and doesn't really do anything new at all.

Dare I say, he has the versatility of David Bowie?

there was no OF during Flower Boy production and for years before

>revolutionises "talking over music the genre"
Did he add music to it?

You basically summed up my friends. They think marvel movies are the pinnacle of film making. I love them, but I don't think I single one of them has ever listened to a full album in their life. Weird thing is, I managed to get them on "Hi This Is Flume," which they enjoyed, but they still thought Igor was too weird. They mostly listen to shitty rap, and one listens to kpop. Listening to music as a hobby is becoming a thing of the past.

i really like the album, but how can you revolutionize rap if you're not even dropping a rap album? there's a bit of rap, but it's much closer to r&b

that being said, the op probably hasn't even listened to the album

Good bait

I feel like this album is really emblematic of the shift from 2010s culture to 2020s culture. It feels incredibly post-postmodern and sounds incredibly sincere despite having all of the formal elements associated with "subversive" music.

Maybe I just sound like a rambling autist but I really think this is the kind of culture we'll be seeing in the next few years.

Actually liking the soul samples on this and the sorta industrial/trip hop thing going on.

Why do you have to rap?
Why do you have to not rap?

I don't get this genre pandering shit.

Attached: 1539461638586.jpg (987x700, 148K)

This is my introduction to Tyler and I enjoyed the first listen.

I still prefer his Yonkers sound. It was more the little dark things Tyler did that was what made him good. I always thought he'd head more trip hop x death grips sort of thing.
But this album is interesting too.

Hilarious user, keep going

>hating tyler because he's become mainstream
yikes

He's been mainstream since Goblin

Y'all be listening to IGOR?

It's a joke video, retard

have sex

100% this, i honestly feel bad for people who cant appreciate this album or even give it a listen because all they can think is "lol gay nigger music haha" pretty sad

Tyler will go down as one one this generation's GOATs

Listening to I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE, so almost done with the album. What did I think of it?

>what is the musical equivalent to this post?

IGOR is Tyler's Trout Mask Replica. Debate me

I dont listen to hip hop much. Should I give this a listen?

You like the album a lot, user.

Yes. Trout Mask Replica if it was actually good.

Yea

Yea Forumscels only hate this album because the singer is an LGBT black PoC. All of you need to have sex, oh wait you can't cuz your incel lmfao.

yep i agree

same instruments and everything, just shitty effects thrown over top

Lol, wtf is this shit. At best — which is being generous — it’s a 7.5.
I know this might be b8, but there are too many people from ktt and r/*music for me to be sure.

Now that Yea Forums has been bombarded by ktt and redittors, this board is dead.
I like Ye and Kendrick, but ktt is filled with insufferable retarded dilettantes — Reddit is just a masturbatory echo chamber.

Igor has good replay value but I haven't been able to listen to it all the way through and this coming from someone who plays story game with no sound just to listen to albums.

He's written string quartets before you braindead tard go back to your own thread

K keep me posted incel

It's not a rap album it's the beginning of the end for hip hop

what's his best, most creative track he's got?

He called this a pop album. He tweeted saying that his next album would be a pop album. He's fucking singing on all tracks and you really still think this is about rapping. Just admit it's a pop album so that we could evolve as people.

RIDIN ROUND TOWN THEY GON FEEL THIS ONE

>le rich people cant be sad
also hes said hes mostly happy multiple times doesnt mean u cant write about ur sad/lonely moments

Just noise and him talking. literally nothing that a brockhampton album hasnt done before. wasnt good then isnt good now

lol wut

>He called this a pop album. He tweeted saying that his next album would be a pop album.
no he fucking didn't, he just said "it's not a rap album"

genius.com/amp/a/tyler-the-creator-claims-he-s-making-a-pop-album
PLEASE get laid dude, i'm begging you

>Of course, the Odd Future rapper is known for trolling his fans
Listen to Igor and tell me it is the same kind of album as Carley Rae Jepsen or Ariana Grande or Solange makes.

Attached: 1558070517485.jpg (600x800, 37K)

it is literally a pop album are you insane

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tyler-the-creator/igor/
>Alternative R&B, Neo-Psychedelia, Experimental Hip Hop, Synth Funk, Psychedelic Soul

pop music can be experimental you fucking dumb assholes. hip hop and r&b are both pop genres. fuck off back to rym you fucking nerds

>responding to this level of bait

>hip hop and r&b are both pop genres
no they're fucking not
"pop-rap" is a SUBGENRE of hip-hop, not the other way around

more like

*subverts a child and revolutionizes the rape game*

who the fuck cares. you can act like hip hop hasnt been one of the most prominent strains of pop music since the mid 90s, you can act like tyler the creator isnt one of the most famous artists of the last decade, you can act like "pop-rap" is an actual term that people use casually. i dont give a shit

Feel like Flower Boy had much better singular tracks, I don't see myself listening to a song from Igor as much as I did with See You Again, Garden Shed, Pothole, or Who Dat Boy
But the album as a whole flows better than Flower Boy and is more cohesive

>who the fuck cares
music fans
>you can act like hip hop hasnt been one of the most prominent strains of pop music since the mid 90s, you can act like tyler the creator isnt one of the most famous artists of the last decade,
popular =/= pop, dumbass
>you can act like "pop-rap" is an actual term that people use casually.
it is
>i dont give a shit
then stop replying

>music fans
yes my favorite part of being a music fan is arguing on the internet about whether or not something is pop. pop isnt a genre by the way it simply designates something as intended for mass appeal

>dated
how?

>pop isnt a genre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pop_music
>Pop music is a genre of popular music that originated in its modern form in the United States and United Kingdom during the mid-1950s.[4]
>Pop music is a genre of popular music
>Pop music is a GENRE

I thought this album was sonically and thematically flat. It's fine but it all felt extremely one note and the half-handful of times the dynamics changed at all, it came right back to the exact same aesthetic.. one that hes done already, now it's just a full length album. Pretty disappointing overall. Maybe a 5 from me but an 8 if you're REALLY in the mood for "tyler not-dance soul"

pop = popular music asshole. keep reading the article
>The terms "popular music" and "pop music" are often used interchangeably, although the former describes all music that is popular and includes many diverse styles

this doesn't even disprove what I said.
Pop is a genre of popular music, but not all popular music is pop.
this is basic shit bro

>Pop is a genre of popular music
i disagree. just because wikipedia says it doesnt mean its a fact. everything classified as "pop" could be more accurately classified as rock, electronic, rap, etc or a mixture of terms like these

>it's another episode of zoomers overrate memerap on their anonymous social validation forum

>Waaaah everyone who doesn't have the same taste as me is an redditor!!!11!!

Please stop this shit you're making yourself look mentally challenged

go back to

you know who else had all of that?

Attached: ilS1ri2v.jpg (512x512, 58K)

I agree. It's a really nice contrast to Flower Boy.

getting sick of these reruns

Reposting cuz why not. I like this album's production a lot, but I feel like it could have benefited from less repetitive lyricism and just the complete exclusion of the songs I THINK & ARE WE STILL FRIENDS? They just don't stylistically fit in very well. I really hope Tyler, the Creator plays up the horrorcore sound and tries to invoke the vibe seen in NEW MAGIC WAND, WHAT'S GOOD, and Who Dat Boy more. I can see a lot of similar moments of creepy throughout this album and it's honestly the best parts of this album.

>le wacky production over jazz chords

it's not necessarily bad, but I expected more

Rich people can't be sad though

>t. first tyler album was Flower Boy

Nice

>retard thinks money buys happiness unironically

You're retarded, celebrities are so disconnected from the human experience it's unreal. It's funny you actually buy into that shit that they feel human emotions

How much do you think his agent/ record company pays the ad agency spamming this board with this stupid shit?

>everyone saying it's his most serious album
>it's literally his least

Attached: 1554687159508.gif (220x200, 1.42M)

Attached: new tyler.jpg (606x281, 42K)

this is a good take

This is unironically tyler’s best album. Can you even say I’m wrong?

No because you're right

did you even listen to wolf?

Literally every rap album and piece of music ever made has an 'alter ego' you absolute fucking retard

Carly Rae Jepsen's new album is better than Igor. And Emotion is better than any Tyler album easily