What's the musical equivalent of this film?

What's the musical equivalent of this film?

Attached: p29914_v_v8_af.jpg (960x1440, 318K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5a2uMEfAqIU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The soundtrack to this film.

correct!

is it worth watching? i like ghibli

yeah, it's pretty good

i cried during the part where they get on the train. made me think of this song for some reason

youtube.com/watch?v=5a2uMEfAqIU

DSOTM
A good album but overrated and not the band's best

its probably my second favorite after mononoke. I watched spirited away so many times as a kid, it rules!

King Crimson or Depeche Mode

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Feel free to interpret that answer as you wish.

I interpret it as you being retarded :^)

Some touristcore album of a genre that is usually ridiculed but the album in question 'breaks the mold' and is hailed as art and mature

Is this an indictment of anime or the tourists who watch it?

To Pimp A Butterfly?

Well Ghibli usually evokes the reaction of 'I don't really watch anime but' which makes it a perfect fit for a touristcore kind of album in the same way that the ghibli audience probably won't appreciate what else is out there in terms of anime in a similar fashion to tourist albums that highlight certain notions of a genre while dismissing some other tropes.

I prefer Kiki’s Delivery Service, Porco Rosso, Mononoke and Ponyo. But it’s still upstanding.

Spirit Theyre Gone Spirit They Vanished
not just because they both have "spirit" in the name either. The opening track immediately reminded me of the family walking past all the mystical statues and stands and hot springs

i've never heard anyone with those as their favorites ur nuts

Yea but it feels like there’s no real consequence or tension, it is beautifully animated and the story and themes are nice. Pretty decent movie for children

It's very formulaic thinking to assume that every story has to revolve around consequences and tension. And it does have tension anyway.

Everything after mononoke is not worth watching

No it’s not, that’s a basic part of literally every story. the story is good tho it just felt like she wasn’t in a position to lose anything everything goes in her favor every step of the way

Grave of the fireflies, howls moving castle, my neighbor totaro, as the wind rises, ponyo and others are all good to great releases

demon days

>No it’s not, that’s a basic part of literally every story.
It's not. Only someone who watches nothing but Game of Thrones and similar dramas would think that this is true.

>it just felt like she wasn’t in a position to lose anything everything goes in her favor every step of the way
She's looking for her parents who have been turned into pigs, and she also loses her name and has no apparent way of getting back home.

Grave and Totoro came out in 1988, the studio completely lost its soul in the 2000s both in terms of the more sterile digital drawing style and the magic of the stories

They kept drawing on paper as did the rest of the industry. The drawings are scanned afterwards and colored digitally. People massively overstate the effects of digital production, even as they know very little about how cel anime was made vs. how digital anime is made.

I was scared of it as a kid and never watched it except the beginning probably

Attached: R-1083287-1541344053-8173.jpeg.jpg (600x539, 158K)

the wind rises was fucking beautiful and devastating what on earth are you talking about

it'd have to be a record that takes you to some foreign land, but you eventually feel at home there. I like this - I would probably say CTTE minus siberian khatru. starts off in crazy town and then and you and i know slowly brings you to a familiar, happy place