90s indie/alternative thread

90s indie/alternative thread

Attached: cover.jpg (240x211, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UQc
youtube.com/watch?v=JUa9S6qJS5A
youtube.com/watch?v=UQcJtWzQaXw
youtube.com/watch?v=EloCmSqiDLs
web.archive.org/web/20031204191146/http://pitchforkmedia.com/top/90s/lists.shtml
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

but that album is 2000s

And what? Still the best 90s rock album

Attached: 90s indie rock and 90s college radio rotation chart.jpg (3834x2800, 1.62M)

It's as much 00s as Violator is 90s

Attached: Chris Ott Top 100 albums of the 90s (in order, L to R).png (3834x2800, 3.01M)

Attached: I Have GREAT TASTE.png (3848x2202, 2.1M)

Attached: kewl 90s.png (3618x2800, 3M)

Attached: loafers.png (1133x1324, 1.44M)

bumpo

I'm nude.

not bad. arcade fire fucking sucks though

Nude again. Every day I dab.

it's honestly so interesting to look at these charts and think "i've listened to almost all of these"

Maybe those charts are telling you to listen to the ones you haven't listened to because you'd probably like them.

Everyone ITT really should listen to this

Attached: Everyone Asked About You EP.jpg (300x300, 9K)

Maybe I haven't heard them because I can dislike them?

Archers of soi

You are wrong

Cant be right

what kind of music do they make?

this makes me nostalgic for the last bastion of the era from when lo-fi music was a product of the resources used in production and not an aesthetic

3 different styles. A heavier pavement, then, straight up noise punk, then melody driven alt rock/noise rock.
youtube.com/watch?v=UQc SqiDLs
youtube.com/watch?v=JUa9S6qJS5A

youtube.com/watch?v=UQcJtWzQaXw
youtube.com/watch?v=EloCmSqiDLs

Based, Let's Be Enemies is one of the most underrated emo albums.

I found a goldmine.
Here' are all the individual lists of every pitchfork writer in 2003 for best 100 albums of the 90s.

web.archive.org/web/20031204191146/http://pitchforkmedia.com/top/90s/lists.shtml

Strange, I thought Chris Ott disliked the Lips and Luna

Why do people like Exile in Guyville so much?

Whats the big deal?

looks like someone isn't a human supernova, a solar superman.

She's sings about getting fucked and sucking dick, lo-fi production, her voice is off-key and sounds like she has a stuffed nose, and she was hot.
That's why its an indie classic, and why everyone hated her slick, on-key pop album.

Thats the later album.

Dunno, Whip-Smart is much better

up up now

Meet The Residents was around in the 90s, they produced 3 albums. Fav album is the self-titled 1974 one.

hey what up?

90s rawk n stuff

These are literally just lists of albums with no similarities other than they're all good to great. These are the kind of essential chart that I struggle with because they're not going to get me to listen to anything similar to the stuff I like or motivated by the stuff I'm looking for, because they're just a collection of like 100 different albums sorted by no criteria.

Bumpooo

They're from the 90s and mostly alternative/indie or they're classics of the alternative/indie genre.
Like what the thread is about.

I agree with you, but these are more like loosely themed album roulettes than they are essentials chart anyway. I don't think they're a bad thing but they're very general.

I'm calling a lapse in logic here buddy

looking for recs in the same vein of hum's last two albums

Attached: folder.jpg (600x605, 71K)

Attached: littlejohnnyfromthehospital.jpg (500x492, 56K)

now thats rare and great brah

i like being nude on Yea Forums