What is Nick Cave's best album?

Attached: onemoremangone.jpg (727x545, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MOgTKZ39HvY).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!! or O'Malley's Bar imo

The Good Son

I really like Junkyard

From her to eternity or firstborn is dead

no more shall we part is his strongest from beginning to end imo.

if i had to rank them

1. no more shall we part
2. henry's dream
3. let love in
4. murder ballads
5. abattoir blues/lyre of orpheus (would probably be higher if lyre of orpheus was its own thing)
6. skeleton tree
7. push the sky away
8. boatman's call
9. the good son
10. nocturama

i could probably make a case for any of the top 5 here being his best album though

anything not mentioned here is kinda mediocre/shit even if there are standout songs like mercy seat and from her to eternity on the earlier albums.

Attached: No_more_shall_we_part_cover.jpg (300x300, 59K)

You dont like Junkyard?

not really a fan of any of his birthday party stuff

Sheeeeeeitttttt

no more shall we part gets really fucking boring by the end. i also feel like you're bandwagon hating nocturama--if you like no more shall we part so much, nocturama is not too far removed from it.
also this is so so different from mine, like i understand where you're coming from but like fuck.

Attached: you'rewelcome.png (1736x1456, 1.51M)

>from her to eternity
>mediocre as an album
pleb alert

Attached: 09614FA6-557A-472B-8374-0F4B04DA5143.png (220x220, 11K)

blind lemon jefferson (the song) fucking blows

>i also feel like you're bandwagon hating nocturama
i don't hate it, i just don't think it's as strong as some of the other albums i mentioned above it. i'd consider all of those albums at least 6-7/10. a tier chart like yours would probably have worked better.
>no more shall we part gets really fucking boring by the end
gates to the garden i can understand getting bored by but the stretch from fifteen feet of pure white snow to sorrowful wife is a pretty strong sequence of songs imo. also darker with the day is great

sweet hot cum, we came along this road, and gates to the garden are all too fucking dour (especially in the context of an album that is by no means lacking in somber piano ballads) for me to think no more shall we part is a strong beginning to end album. darker with the day is fantastic though and redeems the end, but i've always found nmswp to be inconsistent. fifteen feet of pure white snow, as i sat sadly by her side, oh my lord, and hallelujah are truly fantastic songs but man even the good piano ballads end up becoming too much.

bad seeds' first 4 albums are just rambling indecipherable nonsense change my mind

>Murder Ballads being low

you’re a retard if you can’t decipher straight forward music lol.

you're dumb as fuck or haven't listened to the first four.
firstly, the first four albums are lyrically probably the least nonsensical. a lot of them are narratives that are pretty straightforward especially compared to cave's current trend of actual nonsense (try to decipher the lyrics of push the sky away or skeleton tree).
secondly, your funeral my trial has some pretty nice melodies. namely the title track and sad waters (youtube.com/watch?v=MOgTKZ39HvY).
thirdly, kicking against the pricks is literally a cover album, and the songs chosen are hardly inaccessible. listen to cave's cover of something's gotten hold of my heart and tell me that's indecipherable nonsense lol.
i can understand saying the first two are muddy and abrasive, but that has more to do with the production than it being nonsense.

idk but mercy seat is the greatest song of all time

This. Is boring ass piano rock shit after these two albums is gay. Well of misery and his cover of avalanche are godly.

defend the transition from the curse of millhaven to the kindness of strangers. or the fucking sample of weeping on the kindness of strangers.
there are a few good tracks but crow jane, lovely creature, and the kindness of strangers are enough mediocre tracks to make it low in the context of a nick cave comparison. it's a 6.5/10.

>boring ass piano rock
>defends albums with a box for black paul, knockin' on joe, each the longest song on their respective album
ok

It really is innit

Idk i feel like it could be 1 minute shorter

Henry's Dream
Your Funeral, My Trial
Let Love In

In that order

Just listened to To Her From Eternity for the first time, it's pretty good. It's cool to see the transition he made after the birthday party broke up, and the new band is more reliant on avant-garde and foley artist type shit. I read the chick from einstürzende neubauten was on guitar which is pretty interesting considering all the tinkering auxillary percussion in the background. Also they still maintain the instrumental surf influence that I loved from the birthday party

blixa is a dude

long =\= boring

1. AB/LoO
2. NMSWP
3. tGS
4. H'sD
5. DLD
6. LLI
7. YFMT
8. PTSA
9. Noct
10. tB'sC
11. tFiD
12. TP
13. FHTE
14. ST
15. MB

Attached: not counting listens at work, friends, car, youtube, etc.png (382x380, 159K)

Wow man i learned something do you have anything to say about my analysis of the album tho?