What does Yea Forums think?

What does Yea Forums think?

I'm halfway through and gotta say,
severely disappointed in what I've waited for.
Especially coming off of Scum Fuck, Flower Boy

Attached: igor.jpg (268x268, 12K)

Come with me, fellow man with taste

Attached: 1543001919339s.jpg (237x250, 5K)

MY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVES GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEEEEE ;___;

it's so fucking beautiful brahs

someone gets me
in b4 all reviews give this pretty mediocre album an 8

9/10

And there are the Tyler fans...

Jesus, if you're gonna focus on your clothes, just drop music

Attached: igor9.png (841x385, 64K)

Lol tried to get the review out so fast didn't even spell check the first two words

See me after class

Attached: guardianeditor.png (421x268, 14K)

Dude it's gay so it's good

You just don’t get it yet
You will, one day

More like nigor hahahahahaha

>I wanted the same thing I got last time!

Try McDonalds

LOVING IT. I haven't reallllly been a big Tyler fan ever, and the really housy beats feel great.

Some songs really remind me of Nicolaas Jaar

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 12.24.14 PM.png (536x172, 41K)

Honestly, the album is really beautiful. It doesnt really contain any deep pseud lyrics, just focus on the production and the feelings surrounding his life as of the time of recording. The more I listen to it, the more it gets to me.

>black
>creating something beautiful
LMAOING

Have sex

probably,
For Flower Boy it was the same thing.

I was like "THIS ISN'T WOLF 2 >:(" then I was like
"Oh wait, this shit deserves a Grammy, yea"

See You Again is still my favorite song of that whole year.

have an UPVOTE gentle friend! YOu sir are EPIC!! XD

>not using the better alternative album cover

this makes it a 10

Attached: tyler-the-creator-igor-artwork.jpg (680x680, 74K)

Seething virgin

Tyler the Creator is and always will be pleb shit. I cannot take your opinion on music seriously if you enjoy him.

It's his most experimental, avant garde release yet. His usage of beautiful sounding synths, guitar sounds, neo-psychedelia/jazz fusion along with heartbreaking lyrics of a tragic man's breakup is actually gorgeous. This album is a 10 whether you'd like to admit it or not

based

oh no guys he’s not gonna take our opinion seriously is anybody else literally shaking right now?

GONE GONE THANK YOU has to be the most emotional track he's ever released
dem feels yo

Back to the Fantano containment chamber.

lol stop using avant garde to describe everything like you know what it means

>implying its not

What the FUCK is avant garde about this lmao. It sounds exactly like the last 17 years of hiphop what are you on?

Yeah I remember the part of the album where John Zorn from Naked City came in on the saxophone. Oh wait nevermind the entire album is just Tyler singing badly about being gay while soul samples and lazy synth work plays in the background.

>John Zorn, Frank Zappa, Captain Beefheart, the list goes on...

Those are actually avant-garde musicians though, not Tyler "spam the laser effect from a 1950s b-movie and sing about sucking cock" the Creator

Why is he trying to sound like Joji?

>Those are actually avant-garde musicians though
No, they're not.
Actual avant-garde would be stuff like Pierre Schafer, Stockhausen, Xenakis, Braxton etc.

The production is actually pretty good. Gotta say though, was really enjoying the first half before being severely underwhelmed by the second half. Gonna re-listen to it today though

>Those avant-garde musicians actually aren't REAL avant-garde musicians, let me just list some other ones
Your point is fucking retarded anyway because Captain Beefheart and Naked City both are more experimental than Tyler the Creator, who just made a pop album with soul samples. That's not avant-garde. I admire your desire to flex though

i really wish this were the cover

overall i'd say 8, my personal favorite of his

To be fair you also just described Wilco

Attached: 4A5AF9BA-7ADF-4D94-B64C-07D363F27213.jpg (1500x1348, 178K)

Why does everyone think this cover is better? I'd take evocative Grace Jones-like imagery of the normal cover over this shitty scribble one

I think it might be influenced by some of Daniel Johnston’s art.

Attached: 026D7145-8FD3-4089-ACA9-2971148F2DD2.jpg (399x526, 72K)

>spot the art illiterate

it's more like abstract art. it's got that wig he wears as a joke, but it also comes together like a colllage. the cover he used is literally just a picture of his head (either darkened or in blackface. it's not bad, but compared to this cover it is)

do you even Ralph Steadman?

anyone have a link? please bros

Very much worse than Cherry Bomb / 10

It looks like some bad edgy modern art shit

adding on to that, it fits the title (igor) better, while making a really interesting and kinda funny caricature of his looks and personality. plus i really like how it switches between pretty detailed and really simple/not detailed at all in a way that you can still fully tell what it's supposed to be

and the way it looks like a kid's drawing, but with a lot more experience and attention to detail, fits his personality and the album really well imo

They’re both good but I think the pink one is more indicative of what you’re in for in terms of tone. It does a good job of invoking old monster movies as well.

i clicked play on a tyler album, and then i heard a brockhampton album with tyler singing.

why did that happen?

quads speaks the truth

Minimizing artistic identity in order to maximize accessibility/10.

Fan of all of Tyler's previous work (yes, even cherry bomb. that's my fave). I liked track 9 on this. I didn't care about anything else.
He didn't expose himself at all on this one. Super vague, has no distinct identity, not well defined. I didn't hear anything new and exclusive. Low resolution themes, you can barely make anything interesting out of it, you never get the feeling of "no one else but Tyler could've made this." He capitulated after Cherry Bomb got the responses it got, he could've went Kanye and stuck to his guns. He didn't.
Not to hate on the nigga, but open your heart and double down on boundary breaking.
Defecting to accessibility isn't good, don't limit yourself to vaguely talking about love in order to maximize palatability.

a subtle and interesting photo is still better than a heavy-handed and bland drawing. and this is coming from someone who is by no stretch illiterate in art, you got some shit taste in imagery, mate.

He's gotten better at producing and worse at songwriting

Sick burn bro

You're kinda right desu.

I liked it a lot
But i would call it the good version of Cherry Bomb
it isn't INNOVATIVE AS FUCK as everyone says as the ideas inside the album have already been used
but it's well produced and i enjoyed it

Attached: the duality of man.png (364x292, 72K)

Can any of you idiots that suck the dick of flower boy explain why exactly you think it's good

This sounds like an eighth grader wrote it

hey whats that site you guys use to share your songs?

fuck wrong place lol

Lol do you want him to still rap about having to take his hat off in school even though he's almost 30? It's a concept album about love, kind of done to death but he does it well and he isn't sacrificing anything to make it happen. It's Tyler's E.MO.TION

Its alright, tylerfags will spam it for a few weeks until their bug attention span forgets about it

>aoty in may

Attached: pP3jlm4aWymBJ7D3EagfAGlE0aJew_P72bc5YeFL0pw.jpg (640x583, 72K)

how

MAYBE ITS JUST A DREAM THAT I CANT SEEM TO WAKE UP FROM

are you retarded?

all the tyler fans who got really mad whenever people shit on him for being edgy and stupid are seething now that it's cool to like him again. have sex you seething incels

I'm gonna be honest.
I had no idea Tyler was still this popular.