ROCK IS DEAD

ROCK IS DEAD.
RAP IS ALIVE AND BOOMING.
WHAT COMES AFTER WHEN RAP DIES OUT?

Attached: IMG_20190520_000928.jpg (640x520, 47K)

art pop will take over

It does matter.

>Rap
>dies out
they've been saying this since the 80s. its not going anywhere dude just accept that fact.

we can't know yet because hip hop isn't even close to dying

rock really isnt dead and hip hop is gonna make a decline probably very soon

soon its gonna get to the point where all genres are niche except very surface level pop

its pretty clear rap peaked with sound cloud rap. And its on the decline as we speak. Tylers music is a shitty attempt to be boring indie pop. And people keep asking "why hasnt any good music come out this year",

Also rap as a genre is too stupid unaware to actually reach the final end rock did, Which wasnt nirvana. It was radiohead.

If rap did that it would have to completely deconstruct itself and reach its final end. Which means rap would become completely feminized. If there is a "next wave" of rap. Im picturing it being very gay, very female, and the complete anti thesis to everything rap stands for

interesting take, why do you think that

psych rock. rap production in recent years has seen more psychedelic and trippy sounding beats than ever before. more rappers are talking about psychedelic experiences than ever before, turning the masses onto the world of mind altering substances and the psych-inspired music of the past. we are about to witness full blown hippie culture 2.0 with different types of people coming together to celebrate music and the human experience.

Igor isn't rap, it's neo-soul

Igor was a step away from hip hop and toward R&B

I hope you're not implying this is rap, because it's not.

I don't care for hip hop at all and I might be wrong but the trend I've seen is that these artists are all going for the "artsy" pop/alternative R&B sound these days, so the impression I have is that rap as a genre is on the decline.

nothing this is the end thank god

Post-rap

country > rap

>full blown hippie culture 2.0
those were called ravers and they're a 90s thing

Who fucking cares?

That already happend with EDM like 10 years ago retard.

Look at rap. All the sound cloud guys died or went to prison. Now you have nothing really coming out this year except some retard meme faggot trying to force meme country rap.

Lmao, no one gives a shit. Thats like mixing shit with piss, also not really a new idea

Rap will die and EDM will take over in the 2020’s

Vaporwave

Super cringy thread premise, gaynigg

This

smooth jazz with trap production is the next thing

Neo-soul

Rock has been dead since the late 00s. There was a short stint of pop (Kesha, Britney, LMFAO, Pitbull, etc) until around '11 when EDM became massively popular. The only reason hip-hop is as big as it is right now is due to the EDM craze of the early 10s.

Now that hip-hop is massive and is slowly on the decline, pop will see a short stint again. You can see this now actually. Pop is slowly becoming big again. Determining what's after that is basically impossible. Dubstep was out of left fucking field in '10 - '11 and I fully remember the absolute chaos of people wondering what the fuck was happening. Today's hip-hop was mostly integrated from trap so it wasn't a huge surprise when it started becoming big.

The next big genre will be something unexpected.

It's going to be a either a folk revival or ambient.

kpop

Kpop has flirted with US charts before, so it is possible.

trapgaze
trip hop-trap

Rap isnt dying anytime soon, dumbass bitch

>folk revival

Already somewhat happened with Mumford & Sons, Jose Gonzalez, Of Monsters and Men, and the Avett Brothers. There's still a lot of untapped potential imo and wouldn't mind seeing more folk bands.

>ambient

Won't see mainstream. The people want upbeat and something they can get away with playing at a party.

motorik revival with 20 minute songs in response to the boring castrated nature of zoomer music

endless genre trendhopping encouraged and paid for by large multinationals

revival this, revival that

heavy Post-Punk and Industrial Rock will be getting jiggy with it again.

sounds horrible desu

electronic music of course

Art Pop is on the rise. You can only do so many Scottish Snaps over a heavily quantized sample of either indigenous people chanting, or a slick jazz sample over some 808's. Rap is similar to midwest emo, in that anyone can make it, and after a while, everyone has done everything already. Artists should stop trying to sell in image, and cater to the internet age by retaining anonymity. The music industry, especially the indie and rap market, are heavily saturated by the same shit, and when one rapper pops up, hes gone within a week. The only reason rap is still popular is because its the same ten artists releasing works, pumping bile into the deflating corpse that is heavily marketed rap with trap beats. it all sounds the same.

Perceived anonymity is an image in itself, a lot of electronic music has been using this as a basis to mystify their releases for a long time

>Artists should stop trying to sell in image
also what does this mean, if every artist refused to embrace their art by presenting a kind of blank slate public image, everyone would be fucking boring and that's what we have now

>if every artist refused to embrace their art by presenting a kind of blank slate public image, everyone would be fucking boring and that's what we have now

If thats what we have, then Anonymity isn't well established to be a viable image replacement.

Why are you on this board

>Perceived anonymity is an image in itself,

Also selling an image doesn't always mean it's your image. Look at Greta Van Fleet, or any other neo-revivalist groups.

>If thats what we have, then Anonymity isn't well established to be a viable image replacement.

yeah exactly

Art is an oversaturated market, and in the context of liquid modernity the most likely outcome you're going to get in terms of how genres change is - all genres at all times being revived and killed off - all the time, with slight injections of momentum coming at unpredictable intervals

Not necessarily a terrible outcome, but the consequent blurring of all eras, their revivals and the new supposed next big sound makes it difficult to single out emerging artists as being revolutionary or groundbreaking

this is not to say it cannot be done, after all I thought that was mainly why most of us were here after all

pop has and will be constantly popular. the question is what will be the most relevant genre alongside pop

Rap will never die because unlike rock artists, rappers/producers are consistently finding ways to innovate and get better even 40 years in.

Rock peaked in the 70s, after that nothing even remotely interesting happened.

Attached: 1543376005857.jpg (420x410, 17K)

Every music dies
Jazz was top genre for decades, then Rock, now its Rap
Itll wane eventually when its not cool anymore

>The next big genre will be something unexpected.
that's what i am wondering, where the fuck do you go from trap

i think we will get even more trap

>Im picturing it being very gay, very female, and the complete anti thesis to everything rap stands for
The sounds great. Fuck the misogynistic and homophobic/transphobic landscape that rap occupies and is only allowed to get away with because neo-libs dont want to offend blatantly conservative and backwards black people. Fuck conservatism and most importantly FUCK ANY sort of HOMOPHOBIC AND TRANSPHOBIC rhetoric. Fuck anybody who does that.

Attached: D46IRlzUwAAYg13.jpg (1780x2048, 248K)

>WHAT COMES AFTER WHEN RAP DIES OUT?
Why, the next easy-to-make brainless shit genre that appeals to children, teenagers and manchildren, of course.
Transcend the jewish conspiracy. Listen to Baroque, retards.

Attached: 1528204049718.jpg (542x261, 23K)

blacks are infinitely higher on the totem pole of human worth than trannies

Nothing. Rap is the last genre of music and then music dies forever

Attached: 5319.png (625x469, 421K)

I hope so

this

Synthwave

>also what does this mean
Let's just say there is music a lot of people would not give as much of a shit about if not for its aesthetic

>Rock is underground
>Rap is meme material for sheep

This is a good thing.

I also think rock/hip hop combinations might resurface. Just not in the way done previously.

i'm betting on a trip-hop resurgence, but maximalist and more mainstream

>, rappers/producers are consistently finding ways to innovate
>same 808 beats the entire history of rap
Nope. If anything, people are tired of the sameness rap has with every track.

>i'm betting on a trip-hop resurgence
More triphop/newwave probably some vapor influence. Also tame impala "colour washes"

growing up i was told i wasnt black cuz i dressed preppy, listened to the cure and george strait on the same playlist, now my fellow niggers meme themselves into liking these things to fit in with culture without true appreciation, feels good to be a hidden unsung icon, i am history, fascinating history

B-but muh nigger beats

True geniuses know that rock and rap will rule the charts together in the future.

god i fucking hope so
we need another kate bush

worst bait mayne

dilate and then kill yourself in real life you fagposting queerboi

this.

based

post boipucci