Carly Rae Jepsen: Dedicated

So how are people liking it? I'm staring my first listen now that I'm back home and pretty hyped

Attached: crj.jpg (320x320, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundonsound.com/people/dave-ogilvie-mixing-call-me-maybe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's funky af

its definitely no emotion but its really good too. some of my favorite tracks are Too Much, Want You In My Room, and Everything He Needs

AUTOMATICALLY IN LOVE

Attached: 1558068362448.png (708x572, 228K)

I think it might actually be better than Emotion. It's the first CRJ project I've liked all the way through

for me it just lacks the impact that "bangers" like Run Away With Me, I Really Like You, and Boy Problems bring to Emotion. I do feel like Dedicated is definitely more of laid back on the dance floor type of record.

I think people put too much weight into the couple tracks they loved off of Emotion. Emotion had some mediocre tracks like Warm Blood or, imo, I Really Like You. Dedicated is more consistent in quality. The songwriting, production, and vocal performances are just better for me I guess.

>mediocre tracks like Warm Blood
are you fucking insane wtf thats one of the absolute best tracks

The whole thing feels flat and boring compared to Emotion. Hopefully I'll grow to like it more.

Surprised by how much I liked it. I feel like it's better than "Emotion", but I wasn't impressed by it back then, I don't remember anything outside of first 3 songs, need to revisit that for sure.
Fav tracks from the new one:
"No Drug Like Me"
"I'll Be Your Girl"
"Feels Right"

Why nobody talks about the best song Julien

This

No Drug Like Me has been stuck in my head for days. I still think Emotion is stronger only because of how dense and consistent it is. Every song is great and feels like it has a lot of variety from track to track, but Dedicated has a lot of good material too

>only 4 good songs

pretty disappointing actually

Only 2 songs have replay value. Okay album but not that good

That's fair, I guess it just comes down to what's more important, consistency or just having really good tracks but also having some eh ones

Julien is so damn fun

I am
>JULIEN IT WAS MORE THAN A FANTASY

Attached: CybuEaUVIAAF_HV.jpg (526x402, 25K)

agree to disagree

I can't decide if I should go see her when she's on tour or wait til next time she comes.

Attached: Hortense.png (466x457, 386K)

do it

I've heard alot people say some tracks are mediocre but they never mention specific songs

I'm seeing his this summer and I'm hella excited, you def should

this

Where are you seeng her?

YES
THE PIECE OF SHIT THAT IS PARTY FOR ONE DIDN'T GET INTO THE LP
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING BASED CRJ SHILL

Better than Emotion for me, but I don't really like Emotion to begin with.

that run of songs from Too Much to the end is top synthpop

really want to do Carly up the butt. really solid album, though.

this

Attached: 26.jpg (865x1366, 940K)

haha, imagine

Attached: carly-rae-jepsen-kiss-video-set-09192012-07.jpg (933x1400, 283K)

For anybody who doesn't know Dave "Rave" Olgilvie still mixes/produces a lot her songs, the dude from Skinny Puppy. He's often billed under different names on the album soundonsound.com/people/dave-ogilvie-mixing-call-me-maybe

Want you in my room is a straight up George Michael track and Everything he Needs has some vaporwave vibes.

Those are the best

Except it's a bonus track and one of the best on the album?

Attached: 1382818322659.jpg (379x374, 13K)

Better than Igor

Attached: 12.jpg (1962x3000, 903K)

who wants to come see her with me
i have no friends and feel it would be weird for a non gay guy to go by himself

>one of the best on the album?
Fuck no, it's shit. Underproduced in every way, doesn't fit in with the rest of the tracklist, and the lyrics are lackluster at best.
This is what they should've done with Warm Blood in E-Mo-Tion. Leave it as the last of the bonus tracks so it'd be easily avoidable.

This

Glad she left Party for One off

I do

But Warm Blood is one of her best tracks?

I'll go, but I'm gay so we will need to give each other Blowjobs first to break the Ice.

Attached: 1556985336988.png (1156x1484, 1.36M)

>disliking Warm Blood
Way to completely discredit your opinion and confirm your pleb status

So what's your favourite track, Yea Forums?

Real Love is the best pop song of the decade.

Real Love

Want You In My Room and Automatically in Love are close runner ups

cant decide between right words wrong time, party for one or too much

JULIEN

Hard to choose but probably Julien

Everything He Needs and Real Love as close runner ups

i don't know about favorite, but special mention to 'the sound' because i haven't seen anyone else mention it and it's great

h

Feels Right

Y’all sleeping on it

Nearly every track has a great part/moment but only maybe 1 or 2 are *good* all the way through

This is the laziest criticism for any song. Every good song has moments that are better than other portions in the song.

Do you think MatPat’s wife Stephanie likes Carly Rae Jepsen?

Attached: E47EE63F-9E04-4E40-B8C1-2B06813D6A49.png (1080x1080, 1.09M)

I know what you mean, ignore that other idiot. I still like the album though

based

Cheers user.

Attached: D5E453F6-EBBE-4DDD-B013-5BD232714356.png (1080x1080, 1.17M)

you think Carly watches game theory

I think she probably watches GTLive. MatPat and Steph have probably given her a clap and a half before.

But that’s just a theory.

Attached: 1FA91297-18E6-4905-9226-753D44F70034.png (1080x1080, 1.32M)

I think I'd like it if it was Sky Ferrara on vocals. I always like the production on Carly's music but I just don't like how she sings.

>mediocre tracks like Warm Blood

Yeah your opinions are hereby discarded