MELODEATH

Is melodic death metal peak music?
I mean just think about it has combined two opposite genres (Heavy metal and death metal) plus the name is literally an oxymoron but the genre still manages to kick ass with bands like Insomnium and Dark Tranquility.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o9v5qFRA6Gw
youtube.com/results?search_query=bathory
youtube.com/watch?v=SWqes4Shgrs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartwork
youtube.com/watch?v=gkNXiC6XwJE
youtube.com/watch?v=gERIVNyjW1U
youtube.com/watch?v=9xdoF0_Ks2s
youtube.com/watch?v=BkTDiY1HfuI
youtube.com/watch?v=jcJfCZQJuHk
youtube.com/watch?v=eYaxAosBuro
youtube.com/watch?v=ARI0XyTiips
youtube.com/watch?v=7u-a-WVO6FM
youtube.com/watch?v=3Ng1TlKQqko
youtube.com/watch?v=5zZpdR03fWo
youtube.com/watch?v=31dt3DGEhP0
youtube.com/watch?v=-0oJ5z23TGo
youtube.com/watch?v=QSy5UOoLaEU
youtube.com/watch?v=qLzcYx6iWec
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Its actually nadir music with no staying power

no, meloblack is you fucking imbecile

bait
melodeath ruined the landscape of extreme metal and hardcore for over 15 years

Based af

Attached: Stormdis.jpg (355x355, 39K)

No it didn't deathcore did. Melodeath and the whole Gutenburg scene only made metal music more popular and gave birth to some very prolific artists
Moreover Edge of Sanity started Melodeath years before

Attached: Guillotine.jpg (250x243, 10K)

It saved it you mean. Extreme metal is dreadful.

deathcore wouldn't exist without the shitty cookie cutter melocore bands from the mid 00s
deathcore is basically brutal metalcore(often times melodic)

>Extreme metal is dreadful.
Have you ever listened to Death user?

Attached: God.jpg (1600x1200, 386K)

Lol Melodeath was the natural and logical continuation to extreme metal whether you like it or not

Attached: Concerned.jpg (250x215, 5K)

i don't see how dumbing something down and making it more accessible is a logical continuation
making something more musical while also adding a degree of technicality and challenging song structures would be and that's what technical death metal is
i don't even know if people like you are serious or shills or what

You know that Techdeath is musical mastrubation while Melodeath is relatable stuff right?
>Listen to Kalmah

This.

Meloblack and melodeath are both garbage meant to appeal to the masses more. They're changing the entire meaning and purpose of metal in a bad way and it's pretentious and gay as hell.

>melodic "death metal"

Just tell me one flaw about this:
youtube.com/watch?v=o9v5qFRA6Gw
Melodeath was not made to dumb down extreme metal. It was made to reconnect with metal history and experiment with something that seemed impossible at the time "melodic" death metal.

Attached: Melodic Black metal.jpg (1000x1000, 95K)

is this a cringe thread?

>They're changing the entire meaning and purpose of metal in a bad way
Oh fuck off with that shit. Metal has never been about being le epic sekrit club, until those norwegian cringelords came around that is.

How is Bathory "melodic"?

melodeath sucks

first songs
youtube.com/results?search_query=bathory

not that i'm into deathmetal, but this is way ahead of it's time. production is good too for being early 90s

blackened power melodeath

Attached: 58.jpg (425x425, 44K)

>le epic sekrit club
Could your post get more reddit?
And there's way more to BM than Norwegian/Swedish black metal, although they definitely have been influential.

>Just tell me one flaw about this:
It's clean as fuck and boring
Only grind Carcass is real
youtube.com/watch?v=SWqes4Shgrs

Based Mgla says hi

Attached: 1555222732737.png (644x800, 13K)

That doesn't make sense. How can one listen to Black Metal and especially Mgla but be a soiboi at the same time?

Attached: mgla-band-170907_1920x.jpg (1920x1080, 133K)

how fucking new are you

What you linked wasn't "melodeath." Just seemed like raw, clean death metal. Did you think you were proving a point or something?

Lol it's literally one of the first melodeath records so...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartwork

Attached: JTO7aecf8_Rammstein.jpg (460x300, 14K)

Heartwork is melodeath but it's in no way "raw", still
>using Wikipedia as a source

Processor fan died, metal for this feel?

youtube.com/watch?v=gkNXiC6XwJE
Metal BALLAD but still counts.

BEST voice in metal history literally

>I LIKE IT BECAUSE IT SUCKS

Attached: Butcheredatbirth.jpg (300x300, 62K)

Unironically not a bad album as far as death metal goes.

>s melodic death metal p
There isn't any such genre, it's just that Death Metal bands improved their musicianship as they got older and the production improved as the labels became wealthier (or got someone else in or whatever). That Gracenote says there is such a genre shows how unreliable Gracenote became.

If this album was released 8 years later, it would have been classified melodic death metal. Same with Mefisto and Tormentor.

First and fourth Bathory albums are very melodic, because of the thrash metal elements. Fourth even includes some clean singing and acoustic parts. Nothing wrong this, of course! I fucking love Bathory.

Retard

What did you think about this masterpiece though?

Attached: 220px-The_Gallery_album_cover.jpg (220x220, 20K)

Heartwork has always been melodic death metal. Carcass is one of melodeath pioneers, and this has been a fact for decades. Necroticism is the Carcass' pure (old school) death metal album.

It just seems, that you like this shit, but can't listen to it just because "big Yea Forums boys don't think that I'm hardcore enough, if I listen melodeath". Who says you have to enjoy the whole genre? Just enjoy Heartwork as it is. A fucking good melodeath album. There is no shame in that.

You don't need sources, if you actually listen different metal genres. Carcass didn't just pull all those riffs and solos out of their own assholes. There is obvious nwobhm influence in the album.

I know you don't need sources, which is why I think it's retarded to slap a Wikipedia link onto a post as if that'd convince anyone.

Nice argument, mate! You really invalidated my point!

Listen the very early gothenburg stuff. There is more black metal influence in it than death metal influence. Bathory influenced bands Mefisto and Tormentor do a have lot of nwobhm influences solos. Mefisto does even have the lower death metal like growls, so nothing would stop the band from being labeled melodeath except the release date of album.

Not him, but what these retards who can't distinguish death metal and melodeath from each other, slapping a wikipedia link doesn't seem so retarded anymore.

Okay, that's actually a valid point.

Melodeath is just Metalcore but without the breakdowns. Such a disgusting sub-genre of metal.

>>If this album was released 8 years later, it would have been classified melodic death metal. Same with Mefisto and Tormentor.
You right

Powerful autism

>Makes a statement
>zero arguments
Nice b8 m8

>t. I listened the big swedish mainstream bands, so I know that the genre sucks
Listen some real fucking good melodic death metal:

youtube.com/watch?v=gERIVNyjW1U

youtube.com/watch?v=9xdoF0_Ks2s

youtube.com/watch?v=BkTDiY1HfuI

Holy fucking fuck
Never noticed that Bolt Thrower song but I guess it's because I've always listened to the album drunk.

i just recently discovered my love of melodeath

can anyone rec me stuff similar to parasite inc?

>parasite inc
youtube.com/watch?v=jcJfCZQJuHk
Thank me later bro.

Attached: Joku.jpg (225x225, 10K)

thanks user i did listened to a few dark tranquility songs before but i didn't like them half as much as that one

youtube.com/watch?v=eYaxAosBuro
I envy you because you are going to listen to this song for the first time.
In my top five songs in every genre of all time.

Attached: Belakor.jpg (355x354, 30K)

I like Insomnium and Omnium Gatherum, but I just don't seem to enjoy Be'Lakor. My critique is that, the songs are too long without actually interesting content to back it up. They are mostly filled with "filler" riffs, and melodies themselves aren't memorable. Be'Lakor seems like pale imitation of the two finnish bands without the northern soul. Be'Lakor's vocalist is fucking good though.

thx user

i listened to this one earlier too and thought it was among the best things i ever heard youtube.com/watch?v=ARI0XyTiips

youtube.com/watch?v=7u-a-WVO6FM

youtube.com/watch?v=3Ng1TlKQqko

But what do you think about Countless Skies?
Song literally has one of the best outros in metal history.

Attached: Pirate.jpg (315x253, 18K)

Underrated post.

Explain thyself faggot

Attached: Aphex Twin.jpg (303x166, 5K)

>not realizing that the Alt and Funk Metal scene were peak Metal and Rock in general.

Attached: 1540921833916s.jpg (125x125, 3K)

Wrong

I mean that scene was kinda cool but still it dgot too obsessed with itself.
>See Deftones
>See Faith no more

false, that's G Ö R E
youtube.com/watch?v=5zZpdR03fWo
youtube.com/watch?v=31dt3DGEhP0
youtube.com/watch?v=-0oJ5z23TGo
youtube.com/watch?v=QSy5UOoLaEU

>Gore
>Posts literal DM on a melodeath thread.
Fuck you fag

>>Posts literal DM
No, I posted G Ö R E, retard

Come on dude that was literal Brutal DM or Slam or whatever.

Attached: 1557319571256.jpg (636x399, 33K)

This really shows how little melodeathfags know about metal as a whole. That was goregrind, listen to it

Fresh Melodeath from yesteryear.
youtube.com/watch?v=qLzcYx6iWec

Attached: Amy gone girl.png (300x125, 49K)

Lulz dude can you get more strawman than this?
I'm a Melofag and a literal historian and I bet I know more about "metal as a whole" than you do.

Attached: Timothy.jpg (264x191, 6K)

I didn't hate it, but it felt mediocre.Sorry.

You just proved you don't even recognize goregrind when it's posted and named, instead calling it "literal Brutal DM or Slam or whatever" so I don't know how much you can really know.

Gore has been around for a long time

No you idiot I'm not that guy but I know that Heartwork invented that shit while pioneering Melodeath so common thing for both of us I suppose.

FUCKING BUMP