Eminem

Black guy here. Why do you white boys love Eminem so much? What makes him so great?

He's a good rapper but the quality of his music is inconsistent. If he was black he'd be Ludacris or Busta Rhymes.

Attached: 1346353449_eminem.jpg (405x405, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XQoC19LvuBA
youtube.com/watch?v=-TIFrEYUpPc
forums.anandtech.com/threads/why-do-rock-stations-play-eminem.957056/
latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1999-mar-07-ca-14681-story.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4B_UYYPb-Gk
youtube.com/watch?v=kl1hgXfX5-U
youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE
youtube.com/watch?v=3L4YrGaR8E4
youtube.com/watch?v=vm5yt3iMJOg
youtube.com/watch?v=39Fc5cNEV84
youtube.com/watch?v=PsI4smCXYkE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We actually don't like him at all. Rap is shit. The vocals anyway. Hip hop is alright. Listen to someone like Bill Withers instead.

Nobody likes Eminem. Fuck this stupid piece of shit.

the only people that like him are 14 year old wannabe "truthful rappers" and "rappers" on YouTube.

they put something in the mountain dew

Busta Rhymes is about ten times better than any new rap artists, so that's not an insult. Luda has always been lame to me.

In any case, it's because Eminem is A. technically skilled, something important to white artforms....take for example, the most revered guitarist in whiteboy rock, Eddie Van Halen, he was revolutionary and considered the greatest ever because he changed the game in terms of technicality when he came out, basically doing super combos on the guitar.
B. Cultural differences, poor blacks look up to rich people of other races, hence why they try to be like them, flossing about jewelry, money, gold, being a businessman, posing as mafiosos, etc. Poor white people don't do this and mostly just loathe the rich for being scumbags who cheat, Eminem is more relatable to non rich white person in that regard, who never flosses and if he does it's done with sarcasm unlike guys like Jay Z who do it unironically, constantly, in like every song. Not racist but to use a racist term, they call it "nigger rich" which is something not looked greatly upon in whites, where with blacks it is.
C. He has a lot of range, his struggle deals with being broke and being in a shit neighborhood and things like that, but he also speaks earnestly and openly about relationships, mental illness, being bullied, having emotional stress, etc etc...things that like point A. are much more common in white rock music and things that black rappers hardly ever touch on because they are too scared to seem vulnerable.

>Nobody likes Eminem
His last album sold more than any other rapper, so, you're wrong.

he's the best-selling rapper ever

Eminem is universally liked honestly man. Mos Def literally tried to claim Eminem for the blacks in the racial draft sketch in Chappelle’s show. It’s not just whites

Attached: sminem.jpg (781x768, 63K)

Or Curtis Mayfield.
youtube.com/watch?v=XQoC19LvuBA

because hes WHITE

This pretty much sums it up perfectly. His influence isn't equivalent to what it once was, but his influence on breaking down the "blacks only" barrier definitely changed the genre forever. Previous white rappers such as Vanilla Ice were seen as a joke and to see Eminem actually making it in the game and being brought up by figures such as Dr Dre made him seen as an equal to some of the best of his contemporaries. To put it bluntly, he didn't scare white people off who were thinking that hip hop was all nigger music.

with the amount of records he's sold there's gotta be people of every race listening to Eminem

>Eminem is universally liked honestly man.
no he's not, at least not anymore. I think lord jamar sums up how people outside of eminem's fanbase feel about eminem
excuse the gay narration
youtube.com/watch?v=-TIFrEYUpPc
>Mos Def literally tried to claim Eminem for the blacks in the racial draft sketch in Chappelle’s show.
It’s not just whites
that was back in 02'-03', he doesnt have that same appeal anymore

I do not think race really factors into it that much. He is liked just as much as Kanye West.

>I do not think race really factors into it that much
thats objectively false, and even eminem mentions how much his race factored into his success on white america. He was the first hiphop artist to be on nonhiphop stations, the only one at the time.

>everybody is shitting on cuck jamar in the comments

>Lord Jamar

You might as well have posted an interview with a homeless crackhead

The Beastie Boys had already broken that barrier

Jamar is not a good example to use, he's the equivalent of a white Neo Nazi for a black. He's racist as fuck, and to his own people too....he's outdated and a coon really, he plays into stereotypes set up by the whites he claims to rebel against yet he keeps dancing to their drum playing the "IM FROM THE HOOD NYUKKA, WE LIKE FRY CHICKUN AND WAWTAMELON N FUCK ANY NYUKKA WHO DONT N FUCK WHITEY" all the while never addressing the fact that it's Jews who run the industry not whites because he's too dumb to get it.

fried chicken and watermelon are legitimately delicious to be fair

What kind of stations was he on that he was first for hip hop?

Yeah sure but you get me point, Jamar rally's against racism but acts like and reinforced racist stereotypes anyway, he's an idiot and only other idiots take him seriously. Rest of us just laugh at him while he dances.

Some of his more accessible songs were played on pop and rock stations quite a bit

forums.anandtech.com/threads/why-do-rock-stations-play-eminem.957056/

didnt expect to find this but here's a forum post about why rock stations playing eminem and LITERALLY the first reply is because he's white lmao. this was a very notable aspect of his overexposure back then, he was the ONLY rap artist to be played on rock radio stations

>here's a forum post
FORUM POST FROM 2003

latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1999-mar-07-ca-14681-story.html

But wouldn't that make sense...

It's true Eminem was one of the only rap artists on rock stations, but they also played shit like No Sleep Till Brooklyn and Fight For Your Right, so Eminem wasn't the first ever.

>he was the ONLY rap artist to be played on rock radio stations

yeah, these never happened:

youtube.com/watch?v=4B_UYYPb-Gk

or this:

youtube.com/watch?v=kl1hgXfX5-U

or these guys:

youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

or these dudes:

youtube.com/watch?v=3L4YrGaR8E4

yeah dude, rap never ever made it onto rock radio before Eminem lmao

Fuck can't you just tell me I can't copy and paste on ps4

referring you both to this article from 1999 talking about exactly what ive been saying

Nevermind it's rock i see

>old outdated information

sure thing, lmao

You realize your post makes no sense right? The older the information the more true it would be....since we're talking about the past....are you retarded?

And in any case, clearly you don't understand how radio works if you think it's just one big thing. You must be too young to even know what a radio is. Different places had different radio stations having different shit played, example here in Detroit I'm sure Eminem got played a whole lot more on every kind of station than in certain other parts of the country.

Snoop was on pop stations i'm sure others were too

>You realize your post makes no sense right? The older the information the more true it would be....since we're talking about the past....are you retarded?

that was the joke. Do you interrupt people to go "you know, there wasn't really at a door knocking, you stood there and said 'knock, knock' as though there's a door!" Whoa, really?

No, Eminem is the only one, ever. I have a 40 year old article that proves it.

its a firsthand source confirming what ive been saying about how eminem's the first "real" rapper on rock radio, as is the forum post from 2003 being a documented source of it occurring at the time

lil excerpt.
>Hip-hop has been rapping at the door of alternative-rock leader KROQ-FM (106.7) for years. From the Beastie Boys through Limp Bizkit, varying degrees of hip-hop--usually mixed with rock and pop sounds--have become common on the outlet. But never real, hard-core urban rap. You'd never dream of hearing a Dr. Dre track on their frequency.
>Now rap has its foot in the door, thanks to Eminem. The Detroit rapper's "My Name Is," produced by Dr. Dre in Dre's graphic urban style, is getting a test on the station.
>Why this track when others haven't even gotten a chance? Does it have anything to do with the fact that Eminem is white?
>"Not at all," insists KROQ program director Kevin Weatherly. "This is definitely hip-hop, but it kind of has a novelty appeal to it. That's more a reason why we're trying it. And obviously the exposure it's getting on MTV makes it a little easier to pop it on."
>Indeed, the markets where Eminem is working best on alternative-rock stations are ones that lack a dominant hip-hop outlet such as L.A.'s Power (KPWR-FM, 105.9).

I never heard Eminem on any Chicago rock stations I don't think they were a part of that nonsense.

is this thread really people making up what used to be played on the radio? is this conversation enriching any of your lives?

that's talking about specific stations, Beastie Boys and Run DMC definitely got played on rock radio way earlier

>From the Beastie Boys through Limp Bizkit, varying degrees of hip-hop--usually mixed with rock and pop sounds--have become common on the outlet
It was usually raprock fusion novelty songs that were played on a rock stations not fully hip-hop songs which is what eminem is, he’s the first ‘real hiphop’ artist to be played on a rock station without needing to fuse rock

Beastie Boys is hip-hop

Chicago rock stations played You Be Ill'n way back in the 80's.

keep lying and moving the goalposts, no one's falling for it

Eminem mixed rock into his shit all the time lmao, you're so fucking dumb

No sleep till Brooklyn is real hip hop that got played on rock stations back in the day.

To be fair, the Beasties songs that get played (to this day) on rock radio are ones with heavy rock samples to the point they're basically proto Limp Bizkit

Nuh uh it had a guitar at one point in the song so it's raprock novelty fusion

youtube.com/watch?v=vm5yt3iMJOg

Ultimately the argument is that Eminem was the first rapper to be played on rock radio because we've arbitrarily disqualified all of his predecessors due to hypocritical nonsense.

The fact that Eminem had all these obvious predecessors that we're ignoring for the sake of "I want to be right on the internet" is what made it possible for him to find this level of success on those platforms.

But why make sense when we can split the hairs specifically so I can be right on the internet.

He's white, which makes him unique. He has a lot of range and technically as well. Also, his music, while mostly below average, has very controversial lyrics, which used to put him in the spotlight all the time. Of course 14 year old white kids are gonna like him.

It's a pointless argument anyway that means nothing, and not even the topic of the thread. At the very least, Eminem is one of few rap artists to get regular play on rock stations, how about that, who cares anyway.

mu is really the dumbest fucking board in the world this is the most obvious bait

Have you seen the other shit threads right now? This is the best we can do at the moment

No one's even discussing the racebait stoopid

>In any case, it's because Eminem is A. technically skilled, something important to white artforms
This is very true, it's why many white people love tap that shows off technical stunts like Twista, Bone Thugs, Three 6, Tech N9ne etc for decades now, white people are impressed with wow factor in while black people don't a lot of times.
>Cultural differences, poor blacks look up to rich people of other races, hence why they try to be like them, flossing about jewelry, money, gold, being a businessman, posing as mafiosos, etc. Poor white people don't do this and mostly just loathe the rich for being scumbags who cheat
Also true, Jay Z named his company after some of the richest corrupt Jews in the world showing his admiration for them, white people would never do that.

I lived in China for a while he is also very popular in Asia.

>This is very true, it's why many white people love tap that shows off technical stunts like Twista, Bone Thugs, Three 6, Tech N9ne etc for decades now, white people are impressed with wow factor in while black people don't a lot of times.

This brings to mind another point too of white love of Eminem. Like all the artists mentioned there as well, Eminem went into dark territory...black people in general tend to be weary of the "darkside" and the supernatural and occult or horror topics, white people love them, and of course Eminem has his fair share of that shit too, so that's just another reason.

>Eminem is one of few rap artists to get regular play on rock stations, how about that, who cares anyway
It was a part of a larger argument about how his race played into how successful he became as hiphop artist. Kinda got lost in the details though.

yeah gravediggaz was probably more popular among white people. Black people think that shits wack and it is.

Uh what lol Gravediggaz was Wu-Tang shit and youre just fucking wrong if you think black people dont like Wu-Tang

That movie 8 mile and lose yourself brought in millions of fans

gravediggaz is not wutang. You think they're the same because they both had one same guy?

Why do Black's call white men white "boys"? U still mad bro?

Attached: 1557263476530.jpg (380x380, 17K)

It's no more "wack" than rapping about kung fu flicks or gangster movies, neither of which are part of "black culture" either, so....you're just confused and I'm sorry for you.

But you're right, horrorcore in general and even stuff that's fringe related to it like Eminem and Three 6 and Bone Thugs has a way bigger white audience. Black people are very superstitious and fear the devil, ghosts, ghouls, etc. They are extremely God fearing since they grew up with a heavy old school church background most white people did not.

>gangster movies, neither of which are part of "black culture"

yeah what would gangsters, italians who ruled new york, have to do with rap culture, born out of brooklyn? why was saturday night fever, a movie about black disco music, about italians in bensonhurst?

it's a fucking mystery :o do these cultures even exist in the same reality?

100% guarantee this is a white boy who has never been within 1000 miles of New York

Italians hated blacks, or as they'd call them "moolies"

Chinese are not very kind to them either, consider them omens of bad luck on a supernatural level.

Horror core is way more wack than kung fu or gangster shit. Dont feel sorry for me crazy person .

not only whites but people of many races love Eminem. Black people amidst their jealousy or whatever the reason is, never seem to look past the white-black dichotomy

>Italians hated blacks, or as they'd call them "moolies"

Jesus Christ, how could the point go this fucking far over a person's head? They hate each other due to PROXIMITY. The same goes for the Chinese, it's the cultural proximity that causes them to hate the Chinese, but love Kung Fu films, to hate Italians, but love gangster films. Etc, etc.

Dude both projects are RZA rapping and puppeting a few other niggers don't be autistic

It's stylistically the same shit

What? Wu-Tang isn't Gravediggaz

Ok Jamar. Keep fearing the occult, this is why you still haven't figured out that you're a Jewish clown puppet.

Black's hate white people and Italians are white

You simpleton.

You have this weird thing where you think black people don't like horrorcore because they're afraid of it.
What grade are you in?

It's....true? I don't like Tech N9ne much but just to use him as an example, he's spent most of his career bitching about how black people hated him because he was a devil worshipper. I also live in Detroit, so I know black people and how they are, they think my AC/DC shirts mean I'm a Satanist every time I walk into a room. OH LAWDY THAT DEVIL SHIT. I'm not even joking either.

>I also live in Detroit, so I know black people

Go fuck yourself

>white boys
Can you ask your question like a respectable adult first?

I do, I see them/interact with them on a daily basis at my job.

Get the fuck over yourself. That's less than a percent of a percent of a percent of all black people. You're insignificant.

Ok, tell that to Tech N9ne zoomer. Tell that to Lord Jamar who says the same exact shit. "Black people don't fuck wit dat devyl shyt"

Sounds like you're the minority.

He was able to reach out to suburban whites surrounding midwestern pro dominantly black cities.

A white rapper from anywhere else would have to battle the region. If Em comes from NY, PA, or CA he a literal nobody. Hell, if it wasnt for the chance Dre took he was a who from his own region. And while he considered a good lyricist now his early shit and persona swapping mimicked ICP and literally no one takes them seriously.

Suburban whites can relate to liking rap culture but not being allowed in it. He allows them that outlet

in the Detriot area 89X an alt rock station ran stuff from his album. to be fair though they sometimes did play the beastie boys.

Opie & Anthony debuted the Marshall Matthers LP on rock radio too. Eminem is basically a rockstar.

I dont really think hes bitched about black people hating on him. I dont even see Tech as horrorcore. Esham comes to mind, hell early 3 6 mafia was dark

well some user wanted a specific station. Im not sure how much they played but My Name Is was definitely on rotation when it came out

Tech is fringe horrorcore just like Eminem. And if you haven't heard him bitch about it, you haven't listened to enough of his music desu. I've heard basically all his music even though I'm not a huge fan, because my friends are and I like him just enough to at least give anything he puts out a spin or two. Two of his main "angst points" are how A. the industry hates him and B. how black people hate him. This only changed when he did a song with Lil Wayne and T Pain in like 2013, which is when he crossed over, and yet he still bitches about it anyway.

Here is a song he made purely about that subject after the fact, once again with T Pain to ensure he might get black people to listen to it
youtube.com/watch?v=39Fc5cNEV84

youtube.com/watch?v=PsI4smCXYkE

>Suge Knight punked the industry quick
>That's because most the industry's bitch

idgaf about the politics, Tech is gr8

This was back when I was a Tech fan all the way before finding him way too hit or miss, and also back when 90 percent of his fans were Juggalos.

Eminem is based though.

>implying Luda and Busta have the wordplay and emotions in their work
>implying Luda and Busta have the same range of content
>implying the way he plays around with his voice alone doesn't put him into top 5
>implying you being black is relevant when you're some middle class zoomer

Tech had a couple TRACKS just about that.

He fell off after his 2nd or 3rd album, but up until that point he was arguably the best in the world.

He's not the best white rapper of all time though, pic is.

Attached: MikeSkinner03EM261113-1.jpg (900x600, 80K)

It's not necessary that simplistic but on the average blacks tend to be more religious, so artists that don't jizz on about God on every second track will have a harder time convincing that audience.

We like nigger music but we hate niggers

Because white people find Eminem's lyrics more relatable than black rappers as their life experiences are more similar to his than those of say, Ice Cube or Nas or Tupac.

Dunno, I'm white and find Pac just as relatable as Em. Cube and Nas are studio gangsta's, so doubt too many people can related to the shit, no matter the colour.

Eveyone's different but I'm a white Brit and 's lyrics speak to me a lot more than most rappers, especially Grime rappers.

Tupac's lyrics are quite angsty and white people love angsty music.

I can relate to Eminem, Pac, and Biggie, DMX, and Bone Thugs on different levels...but absolutely cannot relate to Jay Z or Kanye West at all, in any way...so yeah it's different for everybody. Rap is so focused on the individual it really comes down to how much you like or relate to that person. I've never been raised in the ghetto and I've never had relationship problems to the level Eminem has, but I still relate to them in some way, while others I can't. It's more about the energy I think than anything not to sound like a hippy but....yeah, idk. Someone like Jay Z seems artificial/materialistic and superficial to me while Kanye seems like a try hard hipster, those things I know I don't like.

It's probably more a class thing. Take Kanye, a lot of middle class people can relate to his music for for me as a poorfag it's empty as fuck.

Plus specially with Pac and Em there is the artist part in their music and the roles they play.

Yeah, Jay isn't really my cup of tea either. Like shit, I'm a fucking Jew and the dude still sounds too obsessed with Jew Gold for me. Although depending on mood it's still enjoyable and he does obviously have a great delivery.

I think he's funny in his early years and cringey in his later years. don't like any of his albums though. would never put him on to listen to his music. just when I'm high and want to watch something funny. like now.

Attached: me.jpg (535x491, 80K)

>Yeah, Jay isn't really my cup of tea either. Like shit, I'm a fucking Jew and the dude still sounds too obsessed with Jew Gold for me. Although depending on mood it's still enjoyable and he does obviously have a great delivery.
Sure, no denying talent, but there has to be a connection or something that moves you personally, no matter what it is, since rap is mostly people talking about themselves or painting pictures with themselves as the main character of whatever story they're trying to tell/sell.

>It's probably more a class thing. Take Kanye, a lot of middle class people can relate to his music for for me as a poorfag it's empty as fuck.
Funny that you mention that. I've hung out with black people from "the hood" plenty of times...they don't fucking listen to Kanye West. They don't. It makes me wonder why someone like Lord Jamar singles out Eminem, like yeah sure more black people listen to Kanye than Eminem if you could count them, but G'S FROM THE HOOD like he always tries to portray his narrative from....they aren't listening to fucking Kanye either, it's mostly white kids and black kids who aren't getting into trouble at all and are actually kind of doing ok in life and go to school, that's his audience.

I'm white and I can't stand eminem

Well, Jamar is a special case. Bitching about Em is how he can get any attention these days.

he looks like us pretty sure he explained in white america ya silly billy

He's the white king of black music

So the just average "crackers steal from others" story.

lil ugly mane is the greatest rapper of all time and hes white

Name one modern rapper discussed by Yea Forums who doesn't mimic purely white things like goth, emo, punk, and metal.

I'll wait. Not that it matters, but you're a fucking moron, and quite a faggot.

>modern rapper discussed by Yea Forums
What kind of shitty criteria is this?

Name any rapper who mimics goth, emo, punk, or metal and is actually good. See ya in a century or so.

I feel like its cool to hate Eminem on the Internet now but in reality many people still love his music

wow U have so much RESPECT in ya bro

There is the whole "too far above the rest" factor which adds to the hate, since it's so boring to like him. There is similar thing with Ronaldo/Messi, when people downplay their recent achievements and compare them to past selves.

I like him but his fans are very annoying and usually racist so I just say I don't to piss them off

You mean "I don't like rap, but Eminem is the best" crowd? Did they jump back on his dick again?

TMMLP1 > Relapse > TSSLP > TES > TMMLP2 > Encore > Kamikaze > Recovery > Revival

>Gravediggaz was Wu-Tang shit
just because RZAs on it doesn't make it wutang shit.

More like...

TES > MMLP1 > Relapse > MMLP2 > SSLP > Kamikaze > Revival > Encore > Recovery

>It's no more "wack" than rapping about kung fu flicks or gangster movies, neither of which are part of "black culture" either,
i dont think you've ever spoken to a black person in years or are just this ignorant cuz niggas love both of those

When black people steal its just borrowing i.e. ((samples)) or country rap, emo rap, black metal rap, horrorrap.
White people ever improve a genre then its ()()())stealing)()())( wooooooopie

>think black people don't like horrorcore because they're afraid of it.
anyone thats not white and edgy doesn't like horrorcore, its very corny and its not even musically enjoyable, which is the only thing that really counts.

But besides that the lyrics are also horrible

>White people ever improve a genre

Ah yes, Post Malone and Eminem really changed shit around, what would rap have done without them

>but up until that point he was arguably the best in the world.
no he wasnt. best sold yes, not best rapper.

>Post Malone and Eminem
Have a (You)

mac miller is one of the most significant modern acts.

He wasn't even significant when he was Arianas bf.

>he hasn't heard faces, watching movies, GOOD AM, etc
>he doesn't know the amount of artists who owe their fame to mac miller
>he doesn't know how much of a hand he played in many rappers careers
theres a reason why every rapper paid respect and had an individual story about him. He's very significant in the early 2010s rap scene

I genuinely never heard any of the stuff.

>theres a reason why every rapper paid respect and had an individual story about him.
Wasn't that mainly because he was a nice dude? All I recall people saying what a great person he was, nothing about his music.

>He's very significant in the early 2010s rap scene
Is that supposed to be a positive thing?

I'm the guy salty about white rappers but Mac Miller was definitely very significant to this decade. Either you're an old man or you were a loner in high school.

>2010
>high school
Jesus fuck, I'm talking to guys who could've been my kids. Time sure flies.